Author Topic: Posing with Weapons  (Read 3135 times)

JGP186

• Underling
Posing with Weapons
« on: November 28, 2013, 09:35:39 AM »
Is it possible to pose npcs with custom made weapons (including shields)? I tried creating costumes using the NPC editor and saving them with my custom weapons. I'm not for certain if that's how you're supposed to save the weapon with the character. Any help?

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
Re: Posing with Weapons
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 09:13:54 PM »
When you use icon, whichever weapon you picked will be saved with your costume, and loaded into the 'game' when you enter.  (You don't have to save your costume to your harddrive.)

You can download the Animations popmenu to pose your character once you're in a zone.   Setup help for using popmenus is here.

If you're using a regular install, the printscreen button should still work, otherwise use /screenshot

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 11:08:47 PM »
Unfortunately, the animations don't include drawing your weapons.  Others are working on ways of correcting that, but Taci and myself couldn't manage it on our own for that popmenu.

Sorry.

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 12:20:57 AM »
Unfortunately, the animations don't include drawing your weapons.  Others are working on ways of correcting that, but Taci and myself couldn't manage it on our own for that popmenu.

I guess it's bad potluck.  This was COSTUME_KATANA_READY.   

I thought more of the combat ready stances worked, but it was iffy.  Half a dozen staff moves didn't work, and DRAW_STAFF only showed the staff while the character was moving, then it disappeared.

:(

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 01:35:14 AM »
Yes.  It's tied to the state the character is in beforehand, which is very finicky.  You may havebetter luck loading your costume on an NPC and giving them the commands, but it's still very much a crapshoot.

JGP186

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 06:56:00 AM »
Thank you for the help! I haven't tinkered much with the MOVs yet, but I found out that the COSTUME_KATANA_READY command can also bring out a Bow if the costume was saved with a custom bow instead of a Katana on the NPC version of the editor. The same happens with the COSTUME_SWORD_ZOOMED command, which can bring out a Mace instead. I'm hoping that maybe there are some other MOVs that can bring out more than one type of weapon. Custom Shields can also appear on NPCs with a few of the shield MOVs. I haven't had issues with keeping the shield on my costumes after editing. Of course I could be probably posting things people already know about lol.

Takinalis

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 08:14:06 PM »
Not to build tension... but I am working on a solution that covers this. It's actually already solved... if you have the know how ... (posing at least, not attacking) with Icon 1.7+ Experimental.
Valkyrie Blade - Virtue Server