Author Topic: Superconductor  (Read 1362 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Superconductor
« on: August 22, 2015, 02:08:38 AM »
Superconductor is an advantage from an Electricity Hold power that debuffs the target's resistance to Electricity.

I've used the Fire version a fair amount and it seems worth having around when there is more than me using Fire in a team. I haven't parsed but it does seem to make long fights shorter and it does gain me agro. I still wonder sometimes though if I'm really adding to my dps due to how long it takes to apply, stack, and keep it stacked. Time I could have spent melting the mob at twice the dps with an actual attack. As I remember.. the Electricity version, Superconductor, is even more cumbersome.

I'm making another go at an Electricity build and considering this debuff so I thought I'd see If anyone thinks it's particularly useful or not or if it just takes too long to apply and is too hard to stack & keep stacked to make it worth it.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: Superconductor
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 06:23:11 AM »
nevermind
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 02:08:00 AM by Paragon Avenger »

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 12:44:01 PM »
Only if at least one other person uses electrical attacks. It's mainly there to justify the animation time. You can stack it twice. I'm playing with am elec themed regen tank that goes for CC and secondary advantages over damage and the results I'd say are ok-ish.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 01:25:35 AM »
Good, I was looking for an excuse not to take it. I'd remembered it not being as good as the Fire version when I tried it in the Powerhouse awhile back and I still wonder sometimes if I should keep the Fire one after a year of using it.

I'm going to take the Electricity passive. I know there's a big hit to physical damage defense over my other choice, but, I play a Fire passive all the time already and it doesn't have half the perks of Electricity.

I want to take Lightning Arc, Lightning Storm, Gigabolt, Ball lightning & Ionic Reverb as far as Electricityness. I've bot a build I like together but it lacks 2 steenking advantage points to make it work.. It would really help if I wasn't used to R3 Athletics.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>