Author Topic: The Big Giant Icon Thread  (Read 203222 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
The Big Giant Icon Thread
« on: December 11, 2012, 02:51:44 PM »
Running Windows 7 x64 and getting a black screen and the error:

"Fatal Error"
File: bin/clientmessages-en.bin
Last Author/Status:Perforce.cpp failed to connect to Perforce

Unable to locate bin clientmessages-en.bin"

I miss something?

(I should add this is using the i23 live folder, last updated on That Final Day; I don't have Beta on this PC.)

That sounds like it's not being launched from the correct directory.

Try creating a shortcut to icon.exe. Then go to the properties for it and check the "Start in" box. It should say something like C:\Program Files\City of Heroes. If it doesn't, make sure it matches the path above -- up to the last \ before icon.exe.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: The Big Giant Icon Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 02:53:08 PM »
This is awesome, but one issue. My post apocalyptic set is solid white, with no textures at all.

I see people posting pics that have textures on them. What am I missing? If it's a non-updated file, can someone send it to me?

Are you running the I23 or I24 client? I think an early work-in-progress version of post-apocalyptic may have been in I23, but only on beta was it finished.

Also, you may want to try going in to the graphics settings (if you hit the back button you can get back to the logon screen) and making sure that the Ultra mode options are turned on.

Elias

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 02:53:44 PM »
I just wanted to say thank you so much for this, Codewalker. I think I speak for much of the community when I say that this really means a lot to us. I bow before your awesomeness!

Urbanknight

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 03:00:02 PM »
Codewalker, I can't thank you enough for doing this, I just have one question from a software illiterate. Where exactly do I put the -n at? Thanks.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 03:07:24 PM »
Codewalker, I can't thank you enough for doing this, I just have one question from a software illiterate. Where exactly do I put the -n at? Thanks.

I just added some instructions for that here. Let me know if those work or if there's some way that I can make the procedure more clear.

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »
Thanks, [profanity].  I have both laundry and dishes to do today and now I'm all distracted. <3
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

spindisc

• Minion
    • Random Dice - CoH
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 03:58:55 PM »
Pure Awesome!  8)

Now, if I only could remember the command line parameters to start CoH in larger resolution than 1280*1024. I want to see this in my full 1900*1200.

Anyone who can help me out here?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 04:09:47 PM »
Just hit the 'back' button on the first page and you'll be at the login screen. From there you can hit the Settings button and tweak all your graphics options.

Elias

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 04:24:46 PM »
Unrelated to Icon itself, but is there a way to take screenshots inside the costume editor? Print screen doesn't seem to work as it did in-game, unfortunately. Is third party software the way to go on this one?

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »
Alt+Enter switches to windowed mode.

Also, you can Paste after a Print Screen using a program like Paint, GIMP, Photoshop, etc.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 04:29:03 PM »
Unrelated to Icon itself, but is there a way to take screenshots inside the costume editor? Print screen doesn't seem to work as it did in-game, unfortunately. Is third party software the way to go on this one?

Alt+Print screen does the trick :)

This is not only useful for CoH, its a command to copy whats in that exact window. Using that, and pasting it into any graphics program, you'll get what you're looking for :)
Woo! - Argent Girl

spindisc

• Minion
    • Random Dice - CoH
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 04:32:36 PM »
Just hit the 'back' button on the first page and you'll be at the login screen. From there you can hit the Settings button and tweak all your graphics options.

Ah! I run it with the -n parameter and then it jumped all the way to the Body tab and I if I clicked in Origion to Powers tab they all sent me back to Body.

But now it worked, although after setting it up I could not select the 'server' to enter the editor again. Had to restart, but it remembered my settings.

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 04:35:07 PM »
Many thanks Codewalker, this is really helping to keep me cheerfull :)

One question please - i have gone for the NPC edit version on my CoH beta. When i run it i go straight to the character gender/dimensions page, skipping power selections completely - is this as intended?

Cheers again for this, amazing stuff!

Elias

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 04:35:37 PM »
Thanks for the swift and handy reply guys!

psicotic

• Underling
    • Psicotic
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »
Hello Codewalker i just wana say gratz and thanks for made this for the community of CoH.

If you Have some paypal account i happy donate some for you, you really deserve it!. ;D
I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 04:41:58 PM »
One question please - i have gone for the NPC edit version on my CoH beta. When i run it i go straight to the character gender/dimensions page, skipping power selections completely - is this as intended?

I think so. The NPC edit mode was created by the Paragon devs for making NPCs to export -- Icon just gives you access to use it.

Since NPCs don't really have the normal things like Archetype and player powers, it makes sense that it would skip over those.

Keen

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 04:43:46 PM »
Just tested this with the Steam client. Works flawlessly. Thanks, Codewalker!

On a related note, I'm part of the bunch that didn't download the latest Beta Client :P Any public download sources available?

Not a native English speaker.
But I'll let you point and laugh at my typos so I can fix them. :)

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »
Those of you who don't have the i24 client, email me at leandrotlz@gmail.com and I'll send it over to you.

Edit: check out the download options at http://www.savecoh.com/p/download-issue-24-beta.html
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:09:36 PM by Leandro »

sl701

• Minion
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 05:04:34 PM »
Thank you sooo much, Codewalker. I just came home from work and it works like a charm (using the I23 client).
Again, thank you very much  :D

MZUPON29

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 05:10:31 PM »
Adding my thanks onto the pile, can't wait to give this a try tonight.

That said, would it have been so hard for Those Gosh Darned NC Soft People to issue this as a standalone product?  Jackanapes...