Author Topic: The Big Giant Icon Thread  (Read 203825 times)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
Re: The Big Giant Icon Thread
« Reply #1040 on: June 14, 2013, 01:59:53 AM »
Anyone found the Sexy Walk emote in that long list of  MOV?

I forget the exact name but look for one called something like "walk cycle". It will animate even while you're standing still, but while moving the motions will match themselves to your speed. It's a bit of a brisk pace, like one of those power walkers that do laps around the food court in the mall, but overall it looks pretty smooth.

Achilles6

• Minion
« Reply #1041 on: June 14, 2013, 02:11:19 AM »
My God...I wanna cry!!!!!! I get to recreate my characters (mostly) and zoom around all the zones. I almost can't believe it!! This community really is the very best!   ;D

pmoyer

• Minion
  • Please leave a message at the sound of the tone...
    • Magnetic Terrapin Studios
« Reply #1042 on: June 14, 2013, 04:31:56 AM »
It is very nice being able to use emotes with /mov.  Anyone found the Sexy Walk emote in that long list of  MOV? Hoping powers are coming soon - they work in Character Creator, I hope they can soon work in Icon.  Seeing all these maps again makes me want to give a pile of Council some Street Justice.

The "PLAYER_WALK_*" MOVs seem to be the "sexy walk" that you get with female models, but I haven't had any luck getting it to trigger while moving the character.

Sonic Moonbeam

• Underling
« Reply #1043 on: June 14, 2013, 06:05:24 AM »
Codewalker, OMG I cannot thank you enough for what you and others have done. I just ran across a post by accident about ICON and came here to sign up to say thanks. I was just telling someone a few days ago about the game and the 7 years I played and how I was making several videos using the demo editor and never got to finish them because I didn't feel like wading through demo files to find costume pieces to try to create what I wanted so now I can start work on finishing them!

Thank you!!!!!!

"Listen to my Light~~~~~~~"

DarthDelicious

• Underling
  • Mysterious Mike: "You point, I punch!"
    • DeeDee Productions
« Reply #1044 on: June 14, 2013, 11:43:46 AM »
First.... *MAJOR SQUEEZING HUG* for the one(s) making the Icon stuff happening. It's so freaking awesome!

Now I have a question.
Is it possible to set a stance to both the character you log on to and all the NPC's you put in there? So they will stop the cycling through several and stick with the one you want?
And how do I do this, if it is possible?

*waves*

Check out my DeviantART page.
--Don't say everything you know, but do know everything you say.--

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #1045 on: June 14, 2013, 03:09:13 PM »
I just wasted the last four hours recreating 13 of my most played characters who's costumes I didn't have saved already, then assembling them into a group shot that I never would have found the time to demo edit together otherwise, all the while during time I should have spent being productive...

On the plus side, I enjoyed every minute of it...

Side note: Yeah, I know the typical tribute everyone does is suppose to have them all holding torches, but I couldn't get Cookie Thief to stop eating her cookies... She does love her some cookies... :P

That is awesome. What command do you use for this?
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #1046 on: June 14, 2013, 03:21:42 PM »
One of my favorite group of baddies were the Freakshow.  In fact, I still remember the first time I defeated one and turned to leave when it rezzed behind me.  I darn near soiled my armor.  Anyway, here is a list you can copy and paste to spawn them:

/spawn_npc FRKB Bile (Archvillain)
/spawn_npc FRKC Clamor (Archvillain)
/spawn_npc FRKD Dreck (Archvillain)
/spawn_npc FRK_01 Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_02 Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_03 Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_04 Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_05 Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_06 Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_07 Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_08 Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_09 Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_10 Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_12 Mad Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_13 Mad Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_14 Mad Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_15 Mad Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_16 Mad Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_17 Mad Freak
/spawn_npc FRK_21 Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_22 Smasher
/spawn_npc FRK_23 Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_24 Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_25 Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_26 Smasher
/spawn_npc FRK_27 Smasher
/spawn_npc FRK_28 Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_31 Metal Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_32 Metal Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_33 Metal Smasher
/spawn_npc FRK_34 Metal Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_35 Metal Smasher
/spawn_npc FRK_36 Metal Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_37 Metal Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_38 Metal Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_41 Tank Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_42 Tank Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_43 Tank Smasher
/spawn_npc FRK_44 Tank Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_45 Tank Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_46 Tank Swiper
/spawn_npc FRK_47 Noise Tank
/spawn_npc FRK_48 Noise Tank
/spawn_npc FRK_50 Stunner/Juicer
/spawn_npc FRK_51 Stunner/Juicer
/spawn_npc FRK_52 Stunner/Juicer
/spawn_npc FRK_53 Stunner/Juicer
/spawn_npc FRK_54 Stunner/Juicer
/spawn_npc FRK_Juicer_Rikti_01 Juicer Rikti
/spawn_npc FRK_Juicer_Rikti_02 Juicer Rikti
/spawn_npc FRK_Rikti_Tech_01 Tank Rikti
/spawn_npc FRK_Rikti_Tech_02 Tank Rikti
/spawn_npc FRK_Rikti_Tech_03 Tank Rikti
/spawn_npc FRK_Rikti_Tech_04 Tank Rikti
/spawn_npc FRK_Rikti_Tech_05 Tank Rikti
/spawn_npc FRK_Rikti_Tech_06 Tank Rikti
/spawn_npc Model_Superfreak The Superfreak
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_01 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_02 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_03 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_04 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_05 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_06 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_07 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_08 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_09 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_10 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_11 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_12 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_13 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_14 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_15 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_16 Sneaky Swiper
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_17 Sneaky Tank
/spawn_npc Sneaky_Freaks_18 Sneaky Tank

Enjoy!
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1047 on: June 14, 2013, 03:27:26 PM »
One of my favorite group of baddies were the Freakshow.  In fact, I still remember the first time I defeated one and turned to leave when it rezzed behind me.  I darn near soiled my armor. 

I had a 1 in a ten-trillion chance encounter with Freakshow one. Was fighting a group, killed one, got a purple. He rezzed. Killed him again, got a 2nd purple. Never happened again, but damn was that a shocker.
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1048 on: June 14, 2013, 04:49:10 PM »
That is awesome. What command do you use for this?

A combination of "/spawnnpc MiscNPCModelNameHere MyCharacterNameHere" then targeted them and followed up with "/load_costume CharacterCostumeFileNameHere" to replace their model with my character's costumes, and I just went through and spawned/replaced the NPCs with my characters one at a time, moved to the next spot and repeated. Took maybe twenty minutes to place them all, mostly cause I was trying to decide who was standing where. The most time conssuming part was trying to reverse engineer costumes from screenshots for most of those characters...

At some point, I'm going to do the other fourty some characters of mine from Victory Server, and get them all into a mass group shot, but the above characters were the more influential ones that I had made over my many years in Paragon, so I wanted to at least have a picture with all of them... Cowbell Hero (Don't ask...) and Captain Flapjack (Pancake Pirate themed Thugs/Traps MM, and I created him before the cartoon, dagnabbit!) and most of my other goofy non-serious characters can wait until then.

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1049 on: June 14, 2013, 08:40:15 PM »
Codewalker and/or other associated entities: any chance of getting a program out there that can extract costume data from SentinelPlus files?

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #1050 on: June 14, 2013, 09:32:13 PM »
Sentinel records use XML format... open the file in Notepad and see what you get.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1051 on: June 14, 2013, 09:46:40 PM »
Sentinel records use XML format... open the file in Notepad and see what you get.
Something that will not import directly into the game client.  Hence my question.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #1052 on: June 14, 2013, 10:03:47 PM »

Yeah, I just had a quick look at a Sentinel XML and a standard costume file.

It would require a bit of editing by hand, just to get one costume.

I am seeing lines which show up in regular costume files, that don't seem to show up in Sentinel XML costume blocks, however.

???
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:38:20 PM by Arachnion »
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #1053 on: June 14, 2013, 10:16:16 PM »
Yeah, I just had a quick look at a Sentinel XML and a standard costume file.

*pokes head in* I just did as well.  The notation Sentinel uses is the same as with demo files (which is why Demolition can directly use a Sentinel file to make a basic demo, I think) if that would help get things worked out.

It would require a bit of editing by hand, just to get one costume.

I saved off my costume files, but if I could work out how to translate by hand I'd be willing to do that for a friend who lost all of his costume files (but not his Sentinel files thankfully).  That would at least get him to be able to play in Icon, without having to try to work out the scales on his characters just from screenshots and demos.

Also, having just looked over her data again, I miss my namesake even more.   :'(
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #1054 on: June 14, 2013, 10:24:43 PM »
*pokes head in* I just did as well.  The notation Sentinel uses is the same as with demo files (which is why Demolition can directly use a Sentinel file to make a basic demo, I think) if that would help get things worked out.

I saved off my costume files, but if I could work out how to translate by hand I'd be willing to do that for a friend who lost all of his costume files (but not his Sentinel files thankfully).  That would at least get him to be able to play in Icon, without having to try to work out the scales on his characters just from screenshots and demos.

Also, having just looked over her data again, I miss my namesake even more.   :'(

Found some old demo file format FAQ guide, had some costume format info, may still be useful.

Gonna make a new thread in Multimedia and stop clogging up this one.

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,8600.new.html#new
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:37:37 PM by Arachnion »
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1055 on: June 15, 2013, 02:22:18 AM »
Now to see which of the big monsters can do /em popdance...
Finally! Someone who has their priorities straight! :D

Oh, Ghu... This reminded me of the first time I was playing my Bots/Dark MM and had him set all his bots to doing the popdance... I lost it giggling; that animation on the bots -- doing it in a group, too -- just looked so wrong it was hilarious.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1056 on: June 15, 2013, 03:05:52 AM »
Codewalker, from the bottom of my homesick heart, THANK YOU!

--Super Firebug

Incoming munitions always have the right of way.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1057 on: June 15, 2013, 03:37:51 AM »
Found some more places - if you use no_clip and fly under the zones, sometimes you will see doors floating down there.  This lead to inside scenes like the hospital interior, the Atlas Vanguard lobby with the Rikti guy in it, etc.

Energy Aura

• Boss
  • Mids' "Data Entry Drone"
« Reply #1058 on: June 15, 2013, 05:01:02 AM »
Found some more places - if you use no_clip and fly under the zones, sometimes you will see doors floating down there.  This lead to inside scenes like the hospital interior, the Atlas Vanguard lobby with the Rikti guy in it, etc.

The Arenas and the enhancement shops are under the map as well.  Usually they are slightly offset from their above ground actuals.  Now I understand why when I used to target friends when playing they would show up under the map.  "And the circle has closed..."

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #1059 on: June 15, 2013, 01:51:42 PM »

AH-HA!  Yep. Was finally able to walk around inside each of the Icon Shops (for some reason, you have to go further down in the Atlas shop than you do in Steel, IP, or FF).  Haven't tried the University in Steel...wonder if you can do that and see Monty?   (Sigh...now I want to go to the Midnighter arc LOL)
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne