Author Topic: Consumerist Worst Company in America  (Read 16246 times)

InOnePiece

• Minion
Consumerist Worst Company in America
« on: March 02, 2013, 07:31:27 PM »

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: Consumerist Worst Company in America
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 08:07:37 PM »
hmmm interesting. Where are those people that want to flood websites with how bad NCSoft is? This is the chance to do it without risking making the cause painted in a negative light. Now is the time to let lose with everything you got and letting it have an actual effect. Lets get it!

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 11:30:45 PM »
Bad as NCIdiocracy is, I don't think they can hold a candle to such consumer-friendly outfits as Bank of America or Direct TV, two absolute legends of craptastic behavior.

At least NCS does not try to foreclose on your paid-for house, when you never even had the mortgage financed by them in the first place.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 01:21:06 AM »
Bad as NCIdiocracy is, I don't think they can hold a candle to such consumer-friendly outfits as Bank of America or Direct TV, two absolute legends of craptastic behavior.

At least NCS does not try to foreclose on your paid-for house, when you never even had the mortgage financed by them in the first place.
touche.

Des_Tructive

• Lieutenant
  • SLAP!
    • Meta - Superhuman Covert Ops (german)
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 11:10:36 AM »
I might be nitpicking, but they're talking about the worst company in America. NC isn't exactly in America anymore. It might be worth checking if it's even viable.
CoX: @DeS Tructive
TSW: BloodyCarrie; HrFaust; TheContact

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 01:29:08 PM »

I have got to see this story. Link?

(It will either fill me with rage, if it worked, or more likely amusement, as such blatant attempts at out-and-out theft backfire spectacularly.)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 01:49:35 PM »
such blatant attempts at out-and-out theft backfire spectacularly.

I knew a girl once whose uncle got arrested for stealing a canoe. Thing is, he got away with it at first... walked right out with it, bold as you please. He was out of their sight before anyone realized he hadn't paid for it.

They arrested him when he went back for the paddles.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 02:48:31 PM »
I might be nitpicking, but they're talking about the worst company in America. NC isn't exactly in America anymore. It might be worth checking if it's even viable.
Well it does say companies that regularly provide services to Americans. Meaning of "regularly" depends on interpretation.

"As always, nominated companies must regularly provide goods and services to American consumers."

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 03:57:15 PM »
I have got to see this story. Link?

(It will either fill me with rage, if it worked, or more likely amusement, as such blatant attempts at out-and-out theft backfire spectacularly.)

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/homebuyers-strike-back-at-bank-of-america-after-foreclosure-mistake/article_41c54a6b-c135-5b25-9bb5-5d9be3cc618d.html

Bank of America is legendary for the most brazen, out-and-out predatory banking practices - perhaps of all time, and that is saying something. They are staffed by the clueless and owned by... well, I'd call them "actual vultures" but that would be a disservice to vultures, who at least serve a purpose in the great scheme of things.

This example here is one of many. A little research will enrage and enlighten you. I would deal with the Devil before I went near either BoA OR Wells Fargo.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 03:58:58 PM »
http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/homebuyers-strike-back-at-bank-of-america-after-foreclosure-mistake/article_41c54a6b-c135-5b25-9bb5-5d9be3cc618d.html

Bank of America is legendary for the most brazen, out-and-out predatory banking practices - perhaps of all time, and that is saying something. They are staffed by the clueless and owned by... well, I'd call them "actual vultures" but that would be a disservice to vultures, who at least serve a purpose in the great scheme of things.

This example here is one of many. A little research will enrage and enlighten you. I would deal with the Devil before I went near either BoA OR Wells Fargo.

Indeed.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 06:29:41 PM »
I feel badly for the family there, but it warms the cockles of my heart to see the idiots running the farce got treated to a near-"foreclosure" of their own.

HarvesterOfEyes

• Lieutenant
  • Mine is to collect from the wicked.
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 11:43:18 PM »
Let the website work out the geographic issues.

I suggest everyone like-minded send messages to the linked address: Subject="Worst Company Nomination", Body="NCSoft". If they get a disproportionate number of such nominations they'll have to at least mention it. [...and that would be a win for the good guys.]

Everyone else who thinks hell will rain down on us for daring to say that a company that totally sucks totally sucks, I'll just leave you this reminder: You're in charge of your own conscience (only).

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 12:05:46 AM »
You're in charge of your own conscience (only).

Can I use this as my sig?

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 07:53:02 PM »
Unfortunately, these kind of contests will only become relevant when they can turn it into some kind of investigative reality show. And when a "winner" is chosen after a great deal of analysis, that company MUST be dissolved, regardless of how much money it has.

And I'm not just saying this for the sake of wanting to smack NCsoft around.

But yeah... what would be really funny right now is if NCsoft hadn't just bought a new U.S. HQ. Before that, the belief was NCsoft was going to pull out of America altogether. And then we could've said, "So THAT's why they left. They didn't want a chance to be nominated for this prestigious award!"

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 04:57:23 PM »
Eh. The market WILL take care of genuinely bad companies. It just takes time. And lack of crony protection of bad actors by the government, though even THAT will eventually fail (the problem being that it usually requires so much mercantilist-style winner-choosing by the government that the whole economy is falling apart before that happens).

Golden Ace

• Boss
  • Moon Zone Damn it!
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 05:30:47 PM »
I feel badly for the family there, but it warms the cockles of my heart to see the idiots running the farce got treated to a near-"foreclosure" of their own.

oh yes.  indeed it did.

Knight Light

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 12:57:50 AM »
I don't know how many thought to check but last year's winning loser was EA.

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/04/congratulations-ea-you-are-the-worst-company-in-america-for-2012/

I see this as an indicator that they wouldn't throw out selecting NCSoft based on the criteria that they are "just" a gaming company.

I intend to forego some sleep time somewhen before the twelfth in order to draft my nomination. I want to include as many of NCSoft's individual atrocities as possible. Don't want to mount my assault with just a "You suck!"

I'm exhausted and losing conciousness as we speak so if anyone is bored and wants to make up a checklist of important arguments for me to follow later, be my guest.

Off the top of my head as I'm blacking out, going to include as separate points:

• NCSoft's treatment of its employees, from the subsidiary crews to the inhouse personnel.
  • The unsavoury dismissal of Paragon Studios.
  • The manner in which NCSoft informed their loyal customers that the world was ending.
  • The fact that no matter how you cut it or spin it in business lingo, the bottom line is that it was hands down, no contest attack on a peaceful community; casualty of business war or not.
  • How "fast" and timely NCSoft's response was to their customer's cries and pleas of "f no!!".
  • The dubious credibility of the claim they made any attempt at all to sell the property to ensure its survival.
  • NCSoft's ineptitude at public relations.
  • The unceremonial sunsetting(hate that word) of a truly prestigious, profitable and unique product while being both unwilling and incapable of offering a genuine subsitute.
  • The inability or unwillingness to provide any evidence to refute claims about City of Heroes profitability
  • NCSoft's betrayal to its investors by allowing its brand to become synonymous with dishonor in any market.
  • The fact that Kim Taek Jin is a smelly stupid dooty-head punk with no vision that writes checks his smelly stupid dooty-head punkass can't cash.

I'm gonna go take a nap. Ya'll think of any others you let me know. I may leave out that last argument once I wake up.

..maybe.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 11:15:56 AM »
You know, given how the SimCity launch is going I suspect EA may win it this year as well. Underestimating demand worse than Blizzard did for Diablo 3 combined with colossally bad timing.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 04:47:09 PM »
  • The fact that Kim Taek Jin is a smelly stupid dooty-head punk with no vision that writes checks his smelly stupid dooty-head punkass can't cash.

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to ask you to retract that statement; it's demeaning to smelly stupid dooty-head punks to be associated with Kim Taek Jin like that.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 06:04:40 PM »
Wow, EA beat out BANK OF AMERICA last year? lololol

Ok, I will bite and put in my vote for NCS, who is at least ten times more craptacular. At least EA hasn't taken content away from subscribers - that I know of.