Author Topic: Getting the word out through music  (Read 4927 times)

Patribot

• Lieutenant
Getting the word out through music
« on: September 05, 2012, 04:05:27 PM »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Getting the word out through music
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 04:40:52 PM »
I haven't the control over my vocal cords required for singing without making my dog howl in the background.

The battle cry might be interesting, but I'll have to wait until I get home to see if I have time to try that.

I did however, just tweet this thread on the Titan twitter feed, so let's see if we can't get some traffic in here.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

gangrelguy

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 04:45:11 PM »
I'll see what I can do with it. I have audacity installed here already, just gotta add the LAME encoder. Also, retweeting Titans tweet thru @SaveCoH. Also relaying this into several FB groups.

Scott Dinwiddie

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 04:47:58 PM »
Thanks for the Tweets, I'm technically on Twitter, but I'm not exactly fluent on it's use.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 04:49:50 PM »
Thanks for the Tweets, I'm technically on Twitter, but I'm not exactly fluent on it's use.
That's OK.  If you watch the Titan feed very closely at all, you'll see that I'm not that fluent either.  :)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 05:28:11 PM »
I originally sent this idea to TonyV earlier this week, but haven't heard anything back from him, so I'm taking it that he has WAY larger fish to fry right now than my small effort. However, since he didn't send me a "No", I'll just run with it.

ABSOLUTELY!!!  I promise that any non-response isn't because I don't like your idea, it's because I've been deluged with hundreds of messages and various communications over the past few days.  I wonder how much Andy Belford would charge to be our community relations manager for the next couple of weeks?  Ah, I digress...

I think that not only is this an awesome idea, but it is absolutely a key piece in us being successful.  Please run with this, and anyone who sees someone working on a creative effort like this that produces something that we can point at and say, "Do you see how passionate we are?", give them as much support as you can!  Oh, and get the word out--I saw this post among a bunch specifically because someone linked to it on Facebook.

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 05:41:05 PM »
Just another idea concerning music:

My friend (I believe he's @Dragon Claw on protector, that or @Dragon-Claw.) has shown me some videos of a Dan Bull on Youtube that creates "Epic raps" for popular video games, such as The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, League of Legends, etc.

He's pretty popular to my knowledge. If he could create an Epic Rap for City Of Heroes, it'd get the game's name out there, and some great PR.

Someone might want to hit him up with a message about it, it'd probably also get him some good ethos in the process for helping the game out.

Omega Mk. V, out.
- Omega Mk. V

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 05:43:07 PM »
It might be worth contacting Jonathon Coulton if anyone has contact information for him. He's done quite a lot of music work in the gaming industry, and has contacts with Valve as well.
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 03:58:52 AM »
Let me talk to my husband.  He's a musician with a new massive mixer on his computer and a way to record songs/voice.  We both play CoH and we can even get our kids in on this.  I'll link him to this if you don't mind.

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 05:03:48 AM »
The more the marrier. So far there hasn't been much of a response, I can use all the help I can get. I think this is one of those things that people either think "they can't do" or that "someone else will be all over it". Trust me folks, neither of those thoughts are true, you CAN and "they" AREN'T.

MrAndrewJ

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 05:19:52 AM »
Hi. I'm Kheprera's husband. My setup is a dynamic Shure microphone going into a Behringer mixer, with USB output to a pc.

If it sounds useful to you then please let Kheprera know.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 06:57:36 AM »
Hey DrewBlue, I sent you a PM if you wanna get in touch listing my skills/connections.  The sound engineer I mentioned was my sound engineer teacher so he will happily help me if I set up an appointment with him.  Let me know if my skills can be of use!

MissKyo

• Underling
  • Nothing to see here. Move along.
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 07:47:00 AM »
I'm interested in helping with this and some of my friends might be too. I also still have a few contacts at KJSR.net and The Switch Radio who might play it when it's done. I'll let you know.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 04:09:18 PM »
I just had an idea for when this is done...

@MrsSOsbourne

Sharon Osbourne's Twitter account.  She can maybe help spread the message to her over 1M followers.

Just a thought, since it's her husband's song we'd be using.

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 06:08:49 PM »

Just a thought, since it's her husband's song we'd be using.

Actually, this is song is done by Meatloaf, not Ozzy Osbourne. To the best of my knowledge Ozzy didn't write it either, so I'm not sure what the connection is.

Along this line however, I did try to contact Meatloaf via his Twitter account (The only direct point of contact I could find) today in an attempt to get his blessing on the project.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 06:15:42 PM »
 :-[

My bad.  I, for some reason, had Ozzy on the brain for this.  *embarrassed*

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 06:27:11 PM »
I, for some reason, had Ozzy on the brain

That sounds serious.  You should see someone about that.  ;)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 06:31:57 PM »
I will be sending out my "Chorus Instruction" email later today. I will try to get them to everyone who volunteered here on the forum, but a faster way for me to get them to you is if you emailed me at <wgpodcast(at)gmail(dot)com> with "Want my city back" in the subject line so I can have a centralized list. If you have not gotten something from me by Friday morning, please yell at me for it. I want as many people who want to be a part of this to have the opportunity.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 06:43:28 PM »
I sent a link to this thread to a couple of The Cape DJs.  *did I say that already?  Tax forms are making my brain mush!*

Also a thought, my brother-in-law, also a musician and radio dj for a Michigan college campus, is also a CoH player (though not as avid with work/school).  I might can hit him up for airtime for he finished song.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 03:27:18 PM »
I have the email, hubby and I will record tomorrow hopefully.  We'll also include the boys (one, 8, has a character named The Purple Armpit;  the four year old was looking forward to start playing when he turned 5... have "I want my City back" in children's voices .may lend a heart-string pull...)

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 05:38:51 AM »
Didn't get our boys (they got shy) but hubby and I emailed links to our parts.

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 02:36:20 PM »
I got them Kheprera, thanks!

This is sort of a last call for anyone else who would like to parpicipate in this project. Please contact me as soon as you can, I can hold the portal open a bit longer for you.

forrest40pf

• Underling
  • Geek, voice actor, writer, rapper, and entertainer
    • 40 Psychic Frames Youtube
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »
Hello there.  I'm both a voice actor and have a modicum of experience singing, should you need additional help!

-Forrest Jameson of 40 Psychic Frames (forrest40pf@gmail.com)

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 10:34:02 PM »
Hello there.  I'm both a voice actor and have a modicum of experience singing, should you need additional help!

-Forrest Jameson of 40 Psychic Frames (forrest40pf@gmail.com)

Sorry, Forest, your reply got burried under the weight of all those other posts and I didn't see it until today when I finally got it done.

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 01:35:35 AM »
Well, Real Life had decidedly gotten in the way, but I've finally got the Parody Song ready to go to our sound Engineer. I'm really excited to see what he can do with the audio files I am sending him.  :)

In the mean time I've got a couple of other things to line-up so we can try to hit the ground running when the finished product comes back.

1) I do not have server space anywhere, so I'm hoping that someone could host the MP3 file. Obviously Titan Network would be nice, but it's being released Creative Commons, so so any port will do in this storm if that isn't a possiblility.

2) If there's anyone who enjoys do Machinima that would like to make music video, please contact me and I will send you the Raw (NOT for release) Mix so you could get started on it while the song is being mastered and given it's final mix.

Thanks again to everyone who is/has ehlped out with this project!