Author Topic: Just can't stay away...  (Read 1572 times)

Ironbull

• Minion
Just can't stay away...
« on: December 21, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
After the shutdown, I was checking the Network day after day.  As the weeks past, I checked them less and less.  Not that I lost hope, but life has a way of taking over.  Since then, I check back every so often, and see a glimmer of hope.  That glimmer turned into a bright ball, that ball is now getting brighter and brighter.  I have a daughter who will be 2 years old soon, and my son who just started playing CoH before the shutdown keeps asking when it will be back.  With all the projects and the community, it's hard to explain to an 8 year old that CoH isn't coming back, but it's heart will always beat, and it will never die.  Thank you all for keeping hope alive, thank you for giving me an example that proves if you want something bad enough, try hard enough, and push far enough, anything is possible.  Looking forward to flying with you all again

-Josh

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: Just can't stay away...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 01:46:15 PM »
I'm with you, mr.joshua. I will not let go of the belief that someday, we will fly the skies of Paragon again. I am witness to some amazing things happen that seemed impossible, but became reality. I won't give up hope.

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 06:54:34 PM »
See you in Atlas Park 333.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 08:56:36 AM »
I've only started hanging out recently but I pop in almost daily. I just really scan the new posts to see what's going on though.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 11:42:38 PM »

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 12:30:48 PM »
I don't check in nearly as often as I did, particularly the first 3 to 4 months after shutdown, but I remain hopeful (lol, or at least longing.)  Hoping the day comes soon when we can all log into our fave MMO to teamup again, and until then, I remain hopeful that one or more of the Plan Z projects will be excellent fun!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Ironbull

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 07:00:20 PM »
Every time I see or hear something that reminds me of the game, I find myself dreaming of the past, or thinking up creative things to do with toons in the future.  Seems like it happens more often lately.  Maybe it's a sign.