Author Topic: Video Editing Software to remove private info from fraps records?  (Read 1225 times)

Keiphy

• Underling
  • @Keiphy
I have a ton of videos still to work through, but some have rather private information in the chat window that i do not want to make public.

I'm new to video editing, and right now, I can only discard all frames that have the lines still in chat, which would be too much in many cases; or maybe disassemble the .avi into frames and figure out how to batch edit with GIMP. Maybe.

Ideally, I'm looking for some software that can edit a black box over a rectangle of pixels for a sequence of frames.

If possible, I would prefer freeware, but I'm willing to look into buying something for this.

And it seems my google-fu is too few for this ...

So yeah, do you know any software that could do this?

mikenovember

• Lieutenant
Re: Video Editing Software to remove private info from fraps records?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 07:53:15 PM »
Adobe After Effects or Premier can do this - and is availble in a 30 day trial. 

UberGuy

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 07:57:48 PM »
I recently re-encoded FRAPS recordings using Format Factory. It's free, and has an option to apply a "water mark" to movies it re-encodes. (I used it to overlay my global handle in the lower right corner of the movie.) I have not tested this, but in theory, if you supply a watermark that's the same size as your movie, you could use one to put solid blocks over the areas you want to blank out. It's kind of a hack, but should have the right effect. The only thing I am unsure about is whether Format Factory has any restrictions on the dimensions of watermarks. If not, the above should work.

Keiphy

• Underling
  • @Keiphy
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 12:09:17 AM »
Thanks, I'll give these a look.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 12:14:48 AM »
Ideally, I'm looking for some software that can edit a black box over a rectangle of pixels for a sequence of frames.

Avisynth is what you need. Has a bit of a steep learning curve, but more amateur video editing is done on that than any commercial software, with the possible exception of Windows Movie Maker.