Author Topic: Update?  (Read 61267 times)

Frost Elf D

• Underling
Re: Update?
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2009, 03:16:20 AM »
it says: Unable to read data - Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.   ???

macskull

• Underling
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2009, 03:22:27 AM »
Also, others on the official forums have pointed out:

1. The "Accolade" virtual power is missing
2. All the PvP enhancements are flagged as unique, whereas only the Panacea +HP/+End, Shield Wall +3 res, and Gladiator's Armor +3 def should be flagged as such.

ChaosAlmighty

• Underling
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2009, 03:30:38 AM »
Amusing bug;
the 3% defense PVP IO is acting as a global damage buff. 15.9% damage buff. Fun but... not very useful for defense

So is the 3% resistance!

Also the PVP IOs aren't acting unique in powers meaning I can slot multiple of one set IO into a power.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2009, 03:36:50 AM »
Resorting link back to prior version. too many issues.

I'm beginning to understand why Mids felt he didn't have enough time to develop this anymore.

I'm going to goto bed... I've been up since 3 this morning working on this just to find out it was all pointless. I'll be back on in day or two...
~Steinerd

ChaosAlmighty

• Underling
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2009, 03:43:06 AM »
Resorting link back to prior version. too many issues.

I'm beginning to understand why Mids felt he didn't have enough time to develop this anymore.

I'm going to goto bed... I've been up since 3 this morning working on this just to find out it was all pointless. I'll be back on in day or two...

Thank you Steiner for at least trying. We really do appreciate it.

ChaosAlmighty

• Underling
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2009, 04:06:22 AM »
For those who still want to use the update Steiner made here is how to make the PVP globals (res/def) work.
First; in order for the 3% defense and Res IOs to work you need to tie their bonuses into their sets.
This is done (at least from the client) by going to the Database Editor-> Invention Set  Editor then selecting the appropriate set and Edit.
Then where it says bonus for slotting you scroll down to the global and then find its bonus in the list. double click the bonus so it applies.  Now under set bonuses it should display  Special Case enhancement : whatever you're fixing. Save it and these IOs will now work.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 04:14:14 AM by ChaosAlmighty »

Energy Aura

• Boss
  • Mids' "Data Entry Drone"
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2009, 04:15:44 AM »
I think since Steiner manipulated the size of the window in the UI (in the program code) that these errors are not from lack of effort or knowledge but from constant work since 3am yesterday morning.

Trying to meet his self appointed deadline that he put out there to give all of the WHERE IS IT people a bone, now results in a rollback because some people can't EFFING wait.

I hope all you people who have been hitting him up with WHEN WHEN WHEN, are happy with the result.  Since this will no doubt cause further delays, I feel you are all getting your just desserts...

Cheers!!!

ChaosAlmighty

• Underling
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2009, 04:28:43 AM »
If someone can pass the message along to him, please thank Steiner for his efforts.
-Human Being on the Official Forums

Lady Arete

• Minion
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2009, 07:24:04 AM »
Wishing you a good sleep Steiner and a good weekend.
May you wake up refreshed and prepare for what you plan in the weekend. :)

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »
Thanks to my internal clock... I can't get more than 8 hours sleep... so here I am reading up.

Thanks to everyone who cares and understands. I will be giving it another go this weekend. See if I can fix what's up with it.

One of the biggest differences is that MxD changed it's data folder from ../Data to ../Roaming and file type is different now... Mids was in the middle of deprecating the ../Data/file.mhd and upgrading it to ../Roaming/file.mxdb when he passed the torch and wasn't prepared for the change and as you could see the code and myself just started to fall over, lol.

For the most part yesterday I was running on fumes and didn't notice a lot of things... this weekend will be different. With no time constraints I'll find myself working at a reasonable pace and not at the, "I should have just let Mids retire this damn thing" attitude I had last night.

Well, I'm going to go try and eat something and hopefully it will make me full enough to feel sleepy and I'll try and get a few more Zs.

I'll keep everyone posted. Have I told you users lately that I love you! lol It's true. (Most of you) Are just f'n great!
~Steinerd

shred_monkey

• Underling
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2009, 01:27:54 PM »
Keep up the work.  We all appreciate the work that it takes.  I know personally, when its updated again, I'll happily donate yet again, just to support you guys.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2009, 01:41:05 PM »
That would be most helpful, just as long as you don't have entitlement issues like our friend Prez, lol.

(It was a jab at Prez not you shred, :D)

Just an FYI, my data drone and I (He will be named very soon) are going to attack this thing full force and figure out what went wrong, so now you have two people working on it... it's gunna be fun!

~Steinerd

Nightfire9

• Minion
  • It's All About The Recharge Baby!!!
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2009, 03:18:25 PM »
I can't seem to get Mid's to update.  I uninstalled previous versions, went to the link that Steiner posted for the update, and even after putting Mid's back on, went under options to try and get it to update. 

Anyone possibly know what might be wrong?
Virtue Heroes:
1. Tundra Tigress-Lvl 50 Claws/SR Scrapper
2. CatSquid of Justice-Lvl 37 PB

Virtue Villains: 1. Mistress Khaos- Lvl 50 Dark/Fire Brute 2. D'Vine Death-Lvl 50 Plant/Thorns Dom 3. Phrozen Purrgatory- Lvl 50 Ice/Cold Corr 4. Prowling Pantheress- Lvl 50 Claws/Ninjitsu Stalker 5. Robo Mynx 3.0- Lvl 50 Bots/Traps MM 6. ArachniBlast- Lvl 50 all T4 Incarnate Crabspider 7. Devil's Wrath- Lvl 50 Banespider  SG: The 912 Project, VG: Progressively Evil

Catharctic

« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2009, 03:30:16 PM »
Just an FYI, my data drone and I (He will be named very soon) are going to attack this thing full force and figure out what went wrong, so now you have two people working on it... it's gunna be fun!

It could be as "simple" as a few typos Steiner. Thanks for taking a huge stab at it. I know you'll be able to get it working correctly. The silver lining is that you've got a lot of people cheering you on who are going to fine-tooth comb every build that goes out. This is going to end up being a community effort more like Mids was upon it's original release.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2009, 03:32:22 PM »
I can't seem to get Mid's to update.  I uninstalled previous versions, went to the link that Steiner posted for the update, and even after putting Mid's back on, went under options to try and get it to update. 

Anyone possibly know what might be wrong?

I rolled it back to the old version because the one recently released was flawed beyond comprehension.

Thanks for the kind words Cath.
~Steinerd

Nightfire9

• Minion
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2009, 03:51:46 PM »
Oh ok.  I thought I was losing my mind  ;D  Anyways, I and the rest of the Titan/CoX community would like to thank you for your continued effort with the whole Mid's program.  Also, please don't feel discouraged by some people on here (Prez), if anything take their negativity and turn it into your positive  ;D (nothing is funnier and more gratifying than making people eat their words).  We all know that you can do it.  As for rolling back the update, well things happen and I think we'd all (or most of us) would rather wait for things to get clarified.  Go ahead and try to get some sleep, you deserve it :) *Hugs*

As for Prez and anyone else who are "impatient, whiny brats": WAITING FOR GOOD RESULTS, NEVER KILLED ANYONE YET.  So, put your binkies in your mouths and stop whining.

Virtue Heroes:

Virtue Villains: 1. Mistress Khaos- Lvl 50 Dark/Fire Brute 2. D'Vine Death-Lvl 50 Plant/Thorns Dom 3. Phrozen Purrgatory- Lvl 50 Ice/Cold Corr 4. Prowling Pantheress- Lvl 50 Claws/Ninjitsu Stalker 5. Robo Mynx 3.0- Lvl 50 Bots/Traps MM 6. ArachniBlast- Lvl 50 all T4 Incarnate Crabspider 7. Devil's Wrath- Lvl 50 Banespider  SG: The 912 Project, VG: Progressively Evil

Vanum

• Underling
    • Elementends
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2009, 06:17:46 PM »
...flawed beyond comprehension.

I think the phrase you're looking for is FUBAR. Just fight the temptation to throw your computer out the window. While therapeutic it's costly to do. Also want to toss out my thanks for picking up the program. It's much easier to use than an Excel workbook.

epic

• Underling
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2009, 12:58:12 AM »

Well, I'm going to go try and eat something and hopefully it will make me full enough to feel sleepy and I'll try and get a few more Zs.

I'll keep everyone posted. Have I told you users lately that I love you! lol It's true. (Most of you) Are just f'n great!

Just make sure you get rid of the 24 cans of red bull on your desk, we dont need an accident to happen. Tell Flo (didnt want to say her real name) to go order a pie with extra cheese. Eat, Drink, be Merry. Work on mids later, break out emp and STF it tonight.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2009, 08:47:51 AM »
Wish it was that simple... My brain and "internal clock" screw with my sleep patterns all the time.

I goto sleep on Friday around 1am Eastern, and wake up around 9:30. Get about 2 naps in during the day of 3 hours each, which just end up making me sick (just a headache, normal thing for me). And then I goto sleep last night around 8, and here I am at a quarter to 5 awake as if I never went to sleep.

Blah, sleep patterns suck. And stop picking on my addiction to redbull... "Flo" as you call her got me these new samples called "Cold Blast Venom Bite" and it warns to not drink more than 3 in one day, lol. Gunna give these a go later today.
~Steinerd

Nightfire9

• Minion
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »
Heyas Steiner,

Just writing to say that I hope you got some sleep and are feeling much better.  Also, keep us all posted, as you and your helper figure out what all happened with the update.  Also, don't OD on energy drinks  :P
Virtue Heroes: