Author Topic: News?  (Read 241766 times)

Zangelir

• Underling
Re: News?
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2012, 04:40:48 PM »
Well now you cannot even find a place to download the client...they have taken it down.

I was still able to go into my NCSoft main account after the links to the client were taken down and get it there. Failing that, you can sign up for Aion (free) in order to get the NCSoft launcher, which will allow you to install any of their games. Actually, I don't think you even have to sign up for Aion to download the launcher, so I'd try that first--if it is no longer available via the account page, that is.

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2012, 04:54:19 PM »
It should still be available via the account page. The NCSoft launcher for other games should also work. For those mac users that may need to redownload there is a linux launcher floating around somewhere. It's a command line perl script, don't see why it wouldn't work on a mac. Obviously going through the official NCSoft launcher is the preferred method. Lots of ways to still get the game folks, just keep those servers active.  8)
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

Wammo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2012, 05:12:40 PM »
Launcher isn't working anymore for CoH...any place to still download on Mac?

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2012, 05:14:07 PM »
It is also quite trivial to copy the game from one computer to another, which it sounded like was the original problem. Easy way to do it is just simply copy the entire City of Heroes directory AND the entire NCsoft directory. Then build a shortcut to NCLauncher.exe, and make it match the properties of the shortcut on the original machine. Fire up the launcher (and do a "repair" if you have to) and you should be all set.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2012, 09:02:32 PM »
Not sure if this has been reported/picked up on yet, but I was chatting to some people in the SaveCoH global channel earlier today and someone pasted a copy of an email they'd been sent by a GM.

"City of Heroes will be available for at least the next three months. We are working on something special for our VIP and Premium players. As soon as these plans are ready, they will be announced on the website and the forums. Regards,GM Roland"
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Wammo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2012, 09:14:30 PM »

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2012, 10:06:19 PM »
Not sure if this has been reported/picked up on yet, but I was chatting to some people in the SaveCoH global channel earlier today and someone pasted a copy of an email they'd been sent by a GM.

"City of Heroes will be available for at least the next three months. We are working on something special for our VIP and Premium players. As soon as these plans are ready, they will be announced on the website and the forums. Regards,GM Roland"

What an interesting statement. "at least the next 3 months", eh? Counting up on my fingers I think November 30th is just over 2 1/2 months away. I suppose he could have been rounding up... but there's that little phrase "at least". Quite interesting indeed.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2012, 10:15:38 PM »
I wonder if the 'something special' is the release of i24. Although obviously my head is all 'squeeeee they're going to keep us alive', because it's nothing if I'm not clinging desperately to straws :D
--
@Vandellia

Lithy

• Minion
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2012, 10:27:47 PM »
One rumour I heard were that they'd be ringing in all of the holiday events (for which the code is already in production) one after the other.  The redname Zwillinger was purportedly associated with this rumour.  That would definitely be 'something special.'

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2012, 11:55:16 PM »
I do believe they wanted to do something involving holiday events and also mentioned switching on Double XP and possibly making everyone VIP

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2012, 01:41:53 AM »
I do believe they wanted to do something involving holiday events and also mentioned switching on Double XP and possibly making everyone VIP

All were mentioned. They aren't actually sure that it will happen though. The holiday events seem to be running (chalet is open I think) but they can definitely only run one of those at a time. Double XP they don't know if they'll do or not, and VIP status has to be approved by NCSoft Austin who is taking their good old time with it clearly.
@Rorn

Guardian Server

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2012, 02:47:40 PM »
I was hanging out with some torch holders at AP yesterday and.. I don't know. I might be reading too much into it, or it might've been like it for a while, but a couple of the NPCs seemed to have had new dialogue added (although, admittedly, at level 50 I wasn't spending much time in AP until the rallies/vigils).

One of them walked past me and said: "Yes, we can hear you. You're shouting so loudly you're hurting my ears."

I like to think it's coded messages from the Devs, but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part  ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:00:45 PM by rae »
--
@Vandellia

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2012, 02:51:56 PM »
Then let's shout 'til we're hoarse!
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2012, 02:58:23 PM »
I was hanging out with some torch holders at AP yesterday and.. I don't know. I might be reading too much into it, or it might've been like it for a while, but a couple of the NPCs seemed to have had new dialogue added (although, admittedly, at level 50 I wasn't spending much time in AP until the rallies/vigils).

One of them walk past me and said: "Yes, we can hear you. You're shouting so loudly you're hurting my ears."

I like to think it's coded messages from the Devs, but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part  ;)

You know, I saw some stuff like that at the Virtue rally. I thought maybe I was just on the edge of insanity from stress and lack of sleep but if someone else saw it too....
@Rorn

Guardian Server

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2012, 03:27:48 PM »
Not surprised at NPC dialogue.  Devs can make that happen.

@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)

Tanglefoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2012, 04:28:56 PM »
I'm wondering if it is a good sign that Positron hasn't done the Lore AMA yet.  I know they didn't have a date set at all but I could have sworn they said they were going to try for yesterday.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sophronisba

• Lieutenant
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2012, 04:30:21 PM »
I am getting worn out trying to read the tea leaves. I also took it as a good sign that the AMA didn't appear yesterday. But apparently now Double XP has been turned on! Is that a bad sign? My head hurts. I need a nap.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2012, 04:39:45 PM »
But apparently now Double XP has been turned on!
Really?  I hadn't seen that mentioned anywhere yet.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Sophronisba

• Lieutenant
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2012, 04:41:48 PM »
Here is the link. I haven't verified it for myself yet.