Author Topic: Suggestion..  (Read 2095 times)

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
Suggestion..
« on: September 11, 2012, 06:34:05 AM »
I feel kinda bad even bringing this up as I saw a post somewhere mentioning that people should use their subscription money to donate it. While I agree with that and would be behind that 100%, I had an idea along the same lines but with advertising.

What I figure is we need as many eyes on this as possible and what better way to do that but advertisement? Google came to mind. Was thinking deviantART as well, very large community there and most of them gamers. The idea would be to use the subscription money that we would have normally used for the game, to go into a pool for advertising. I know we don't have a lot of time and like I said, feel bad for even bringing it up now. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:26:24 PM by ThorsAssassin »

Soundtrack

• Boss
Re: Suggestion..
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 12:26:43 PM »
I don't think this is a bad idea at all!

I wonder how much a GoogleAd would cost?

We DO want to get the word out and while it's been wonderful to see all these e-articles covering our cause, I think an ad would reach even more people...especially non-gamers.

Good idea, TA!

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 12:55:07 PM »
I was making the school run this morning and was listening to the radio. They were asking callers to call in. I realized that would be a perfect way to spread the message.
So, a suggestion, maybe we get callers to call the radio stations they listen to, a mention of #savecoh, and it hits listeners trapped in their cars in commutes to work.
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 01:30:16 PM »
I was making the school run this morning and was listening to the radio. They were asking callers to call in. I realized that would be a perfect way to spread the message.
So, a suggestion, maybe we get callers to call the radio stations they listen to, a mention of #savecoh, and it hits listeners trapped in their cars in commutes to work.

Thats just......evil...I like it lol

Also, found this by a quick search:

"Google advertising or Google Adwords lets *you* decide the cost to run your ads!

However, the minimum bid required depends on the competitive score of your keywords. The more competitive a keyword, the more your minimum bid required would be to run the ad. You can have your ad campaigns run tailored to your budget and that's the biggest advantage about Adwords. However, the more your budget, the more impressions and the resulting click through rates (CTR) you will be able to achieve, under the conditions that you have a good competitive Quality Score.

You could choose to have your ads displayed in Google search, Google search network, Google Content Network. You again have the option to choose for pay per click (i.e, you pay each time somebody clicks your ad) or pay per thousand impressions which is applicable for content network (you pay the amount for every 1000 impressions gained. The clicks are not accounted).

Faiza
http://www.greenlemon.in"

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 06:56:20 PM »
Another idea in the same vein: hy not put up an Amazon Mechanical Turk to do some job for us ? I don't know what they could do though.

Of course this should NOT be for signing petitions or filling in polls.
Yeeessss....

castorcorvus

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 06:58:45 PM »
 Lets put off talk of donations until November. At that point it will be do or die and we can make use of the funds.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 07:19:46 PM »