Author Topic: Badge count error  (Read 3352 times)

Hestis

• Underling
Badge count error
« on: December 09, 2008, 05:03:20 AM »
I just created an account today. I downloaded Glycerine and the binds, and ran it on my main hero. He has 398 badges, but after I ran the bind it is only showing 270. Any idea why that migh happen?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Badge count error
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 05:35:29 AM »
Sometimes if you run through the binds too fast the trackers don't seem to be able to catch everything.  Try going a little slower.

It might also take a few minutes for the count to update on CIT.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 12:49:44 PM »
We are also working on a better way to capture badge data from the game client.

Not sure when this will be done, but it is being worked on.
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Naienko

• Underling
    • firechild
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 03:26:01 PM »
The bindfiles no longer contain settitle numbers high enough to capture all the badges.  My solution to this was to get Iceheart's vbs "create bindfiles" setup, edit the script slightly in a text editor, and build bindfiles up to settitle 1500.  There are still one or two badges that the client doesn't recognize properly, but that method will bring your badge totals more inline with each other.

IceHeart

• Boss
  • a.k.a 'Ice' - Shadow Souls' Top Cat
    • Shadow Souls
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:36:26 PM »
 Glad this one worked for you ;)

Hestis

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 11:55:16 PM »
The bindfiles no longer contain settitle numbers high enough to capture all the badges.  My solution to this was to get Iceheart's vbs "create bindfiles" setup, edit the script slightly in a text editor, and build bindfiles up to settitle 1500.  There are still one or two badges that the client doesn't recognize properly, but that method will bring your badge totals more inline with each other.

Would this apply even to the older badges? I looked briefly through the list of what it said I was missing, and a lot of them are exploration (which I have all of, but it says I am missing 86), history, etc... that have been around for a while. I ran the bindfile again, did it very slowly, and I noticed there were a number of times that it said ". has been selected as new title"

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 03:30:16 PM »
That  "." is a Badge Placeholder, it's in the Games Badge List numerous times and is seen but ignored via the Tracking Apps.  The Settitles only cover whatever Numbers are in it's range (0 - 999 or whatever), this means that whatever you come across inside that Count Range is all that is seen.  The Placeholders, the Badges...the blank numbers where nothing is attached.

Devs have been known to move older Badges around, thus giving them different Settitles Numbers than what we had them listed as....I believe we've gone through this twice so far.  Still, whatever is within the Bind Range is supposed to be seen, if any Badge gets moved outside of that Range, (because the Devs moved the Badge for whatever reason) then the Binds will no longer see it.  We can only help that by extending the Binds....but apparently, for each User, it's different for why certain Badges are not being seen by the Binds.

That is complicated and doesn't make sense, some Users have never had a problem, others have nothing but Problems and both of their Games Setups and all Configurations could be exactly the same, yet the one User will continue to have Problems while the other still never sees any issues.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 10:29:39 PM »
NO... Just be like "I GOT THE DOT BADGE!!!!"
lol...
~Steinerd

Satomell

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 11:36:25 PM »
Anyone else having problems verifing?

I had all my characters on this site, but due to problems with the Titan Network not logging in I didn't use it for  long time, now I get on and all my characters are gone.  I am attempting to add them all back.  So far I have been able to verify all my exploration badges except for the Raganarok badge.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 01:31:11 AM »
awww. You should have asked us to help you out!

We could have found the old builds and added them back... assuming they still existed. Still would have been a helluva lot let work on your end.
~Steinerd