Author Topic: The Mob You Hated  (Read 10676 times)

Microcosm

• Lieutenant
Re: The Mob You Hated
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2014, 06:43:06 AM »
You know, in a way, I really appreciated all the mobs you were supposed to hate. I had a character that I thought was unkillable, and then I would run into one of these mobs. It would make me rethink the whole approach to truly get that ultimate survival goal, seriously changed the metagame.

However, mobs that would phase and run away for hours, as someone said, I did not appreciate  :P

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2014, 04:45:14 PM »
You know, in a way, I really appreciated all the mobs you were supposed to hate. I had a character that I thought was unkillable, and then I would run into one of these mobs. It would make me rethink the whole approach to truly get that ultimate survival goal, seriously changed the metagame.

However, mobs that would phase and run away for hours, as someone said, I did not appreciate  :P

FYI - if they were gone for a long time they might have been stuck in a wall. Had a few petitions on that for TFs back in the day.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2014, 08:06:39 PM »
Arachnos was really bad if they were able to get the debuff and DoT stacks on you.

Did the Tyrantula queen attack that hit your defense by -22 always autohit? Every single time it hit my widow.

Microcosm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2014, 11:34:11 PM »
I believe it was, or it was typed as only psi at least.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2014, 11:46:04 PM »
It seemed the more squishy my characters were, the better they were at handling the more difficult mobs. My blaster was more of a kill them before they kill me type of character, with ice patch and sleet to buy me some time, as well as a couple of holds. Useful for arachnos, as long as I had used Clarion or had a break free.

My brutes, scrappers and tanks just didn't seem to fare as well, presumably because of the higher difficulty settings. But, those arachnos seemed to just eat through my defenses pretty easily. If I hadn't had a macro for popping purples, my poor brute would probably be face down in a warehouse somewhere.

Overall - my least favorite was longbow - because I'd try to find an anchor for my kin, and somehow, I'd end up with a singularity and waste the opportunity.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

æhæd

• Underling
  • Oh! Really?
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2014, 05:09:32 PM »
Paragon Protectors. In particular the missions with nothing but PPs. If I got the difficulty level wrong it got messy fast. And then there was that time when they didn't level right... all 40+ regardless of your level.

Some had that period of invincibility just before they were defeated. But you wailed on it anyway. It was going down, just... later.

Gatecrasher

• Underling
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2014, 07:58:02 PM »
I'm going with Carnie bosses.  That stupid pancaking "Mask of Vitiation" debuff did everything but key my car (honestly, I recall it as -acc, -def, -recov, -regen, and took 30 points off my credit score).

Edit: oh yeah, and Freakshow, not the whole faction, but the fact that they had cold resistance.  Felt randomly tacked-on, and given that I had several cold-powered heroes, I felt that one hard.

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2014, 08:50:03 PM »
What was an enemy group that you despised battling against? Arachnos? Carnival? Nemesis? I have a feeling that most will be Carnival.

I HATED fighting the Nemesis. Their little robot toxic spammers were absurdly annoying for me, either as a defender, controller, tanker, anything.

Carnival because those stupid bosses kept going into phaseshift gerr

Then I will always hate Rikti moneys because of the initial Badge. Trying to get that one made me hate them forever what ever dev thought up 10k Rikti monkeys as a good idea is on my kick them in the face when they a are lying on the ground