Author Topic: CoH 2D Fighter  (Read 2131 times)

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
CoH 2D Fighter
« on: July 17, 2013, 11:19:22 PM »
What it says in the title. I'd love to see a 2-D fighting game with Paragon City's finest and the Rogue Isle's meanest. That'd be better than Marvel vs. Capcom.

Anyone ever do that in Mugen at least? IDK

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
Re: CoH 2D Fighter
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 11:26:23 PM »
What it says in the title. I'd love to see a 2-D fighting game with Paragon City's finest and the Rogue Isle's meanest. That'd be better than Marvel vs. Capcom.

Side scroller, or top down?  :)

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 04:24:33 AM »
Ok, that's pretty good stuff. :)

TinFoil

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 06:27:40 PM »
Not that I could do it (because I really, really can't), but considering folks have access to Icon and thus power animations and graphics, it would be completely possible to make something with MUGEN.

To be honest, it's baffling to me that MUGEN is still the "go to" program for people to make fighting games. RPGs have several awesome programs to make quality stuff, as do shooters and platformers. Fighting games, however, have very few options when it comes to importing their own stuff.

Steelclaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 01:41:34 AM »
I'll one up you...

I want to see a 2d side view fighter (a la Street Fighter style) for CoH/V but I want to be able to create my own fighter for it.  You create costumes and so on just like the old Costume Creator but when you select your power sets you do so via a new Street Fighter style interface.

So, a fire bolt from the Fire Blast set might move like Ryu's fireball move, etc.  Everyone gets basic punch/kick attacks but your agility, strength, special attacks, jump height, double jump capabilities and super moves are all based on your Primary and Secondary power set choices.