Author Topic: Warlord  (Read 5292 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Warlord
« on: August 03, 2013, 01:10:05 AM »
I sorta remembered this alert, sorta not.

Anyway, ran it twice so far tonight with Leezard, Unleashedboy (gotta make a sig..), and I kinda got my rear handed to me the first time. The second time I did ok but I had to use all my toys or I wouldn't have made it.

I've kinda had this streak lately of "awww, that was easy", it feels like, when talking about stuff in game lately, and I'm all about balance so here we go.

Went in, got smacked around and left looking through a plate glass window waiting for things to end. In defeat. Leaving me with nothing - no pride, or sense of accomplishment - sitting in the dust with only a faint ringing in my ears ..."AT's aren't viable at the high-end"..

I know you're supposed to put on the suit.. But I'm kinda not into it when I know if I try I can make it 'on my own'.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: Warlord
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 01:13:39 AM »
Warlord's major thing is not being in the path of his fire. If you can avoid that, he can be defeated easily.

...or if one of your teammates has teleport team/you have teleport to teammate ;)
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 01:43:08 AM »
Even if you're on tank duty? The path of his fire thing? Look for FOOM! (ok I dunno the right one) and run to his back or just hit block?
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 01:52:59 AM »
There will also be a patch on the ground that you must walk out of. Blocking is a major part, too.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 03:00:23 AM »
Cool, I can tank him now that I know I better be on my toes or he'll leave me out there tapping on the glass but the more finesse the better. I've been playing melee almost exclusively since going back to CoH and online games in general, but I still feel like a newb with it in some ways. Especially when I think about some of the people that kinda inspire my melee toons who were/are just amazing I think. Like Nemu, from CoH on Liberty. I think some people who play support toons exclusively, like I mostly did in the beginning, don't appreciate fully that melee takes some special skills too. Not just everybody is a Nemu, or Appocalipstick (think he used 2 p's...).

Was going to go back in and try again but ... It's confirmed, I'm a no class mutant. Because instead of playing, like I was looking forward to all day, I ended up just being glad to be sitting, and reading Zone chat, where people were refreshingly talking about things above the level of mildly interesting. I think I spotted a lil gamer lub even.

And no I'm not that mentally deformed that I would expect to have this experience every night hehe.
Some Faves:

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 10:59:19 PM »
Woohoo!

Just defeated him with nothing but a 3 man team (had a couple of people bail).

Just me - one other level 40 providing good support and some heals, and a plucky level 14 Might-based toon that actually did rather well all things considered.

But I did do the majority of the Tanking. And we just slowly mowed our way through the mooks. But it was never in doubt we'd GET there.

I jokingly said about 2/3 of the way though: 

"There's 3 of us, and there's 300 of them - those poor unlucky bastards! :D "

And this is the moment when he went down: 

Paranomos is still up. Omega Punch had JUST gotten taken down by a fire patch, but we were victorious.

I'm standing over Warlord:

"Ronin here was built to take on Level 3 Kaiju. You're a bump in the road, pal."

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 12:45:42 AM »
Very nice. This is a fun fight. 

Went back in to give it another go with Lee. Had a full team without healer and resisted the temptation to use any clickies/devices. When paying attention and consistently using Brou's tips... well.. I have to try it again for a luck/team check because my hp bar never went below 3/4 and it wasn't a short fight.

My screenies aren't working  : /
I was standing in a bare patch of floor surrounded by flame during the last of the fight, "Burn, Hero! Burn!!". Kinda cool effect  : )

Sooo, went back in, had a healer this time and it was just not fun. I was playing with the fire mechanic and they were mad that I was turning Warlord even though we easily won. And while we're on the subject of healers, why in the world do we always have to do things a certain way each and every time when a healer is in the team tonite as if they are just the most important toons in the game!

"You're on my no heals list". "Who cares?? If you're that much of an anal jerk that you have to have things your way when you are no more important than anyone else in the team and your rules aren't going to change the outcome - then why would I want to team with you again anyway?". I didn't say that reply out loud btw, just thought it  : ) 

Besides, if I'm ever once, ever, that desperate for heals I'll load Xev.

/minirant

Seriously..

Afterwards I (instant karma!) had a slue of technical problems including DC's and then even being unable to load the game after several tries/reboots. Now everything works fine again and I think I just did a (I was still dazed and totally not paying attention..) Warlord with Brou! I think I glimpsed the name right before exiting anyway...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:41:01 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 04:16:06 AM »
Brou is pretty distinctive. Kinda hard to miss. Big blue doggie dude? If you saw a big blue doggy dude raising his leg dancing on Warlord after the fight? Yeah probably him. :)

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 10:11:42 PM »
Hehe  : )

I was beat and ended up just kinda coasting through that last Warlord hack & slash style and not really paying attention to anything but mobs and, sometimes, my hps. Looked up at the last second at the party list and thought I caught the name there before poofing back to MC.

Look forward to playing again tonite
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 07:51:27 PM »
This topic sorta started due to me thinking this was a tough fight and since I had this string of "that's easy" posts I wanted to keep humble and make a mention but I think I forgot just how humbled my guys can be.

Warlord's easier for me now that I've got Brou's tips and am paying attention but this situation has reminded me how I get to feeling pretty decent about my build/toys/AT sometimes and forget just how un-uber I am until I team with an uber(s) and they decimate everything in their path.

Some folks are just playing on a whole other level.
Some Faves:

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 09:46:55 PM »
And, isn't this the mission that has a thread on the official forum that talks about some kind of exploit/hack that lets certain players skip straight to Warlord? (I haven't played the mission. It's just fun watching threads crash and burn, over there.)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 12:15:07 AM »
I stopped reading official forums to any game awhile back except when a post on one would come up when Googling for info. The only reason I got hooked up here even was I always used the Wiki and missed LB (a Liberty Channel) and wanted to do a shout-out and the only other place to do so that I knew of was Facebook, which I never was into. Then I started playing CO and saw the forum here and asked some questions and people were cool and pretty well stick to the Gametime is Funtime motto and were putting up with me, so here I am.

To yer point, yeah.. There is a way to skip to the end of Warlord. I was in a team that did so last night but I missed how they did it because I lagged behind unsure what was up. I'm still a lil lost in that alert. I assumed they just ran to the end by skipping everything in the way but I dunno how they did it.

Some Faves:

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 09:20:17 PM »
The "how" is a matter of some debate. There are a few who say it's just a speed run, but a fairly adamant group is insisting there is some hack or exploit at work. I think I've done Resistance, but not this one. Honestly, I haven't done much outside the "main" storylines. I did Whiteout twice, the Viper one twice, and the alternate universe one with the giant Destroids once. My highest is only level 23, and, for various reasons, I have three different accounts.

On a side note, I got thinking, last night: I have three accounts, and my son has one. I now have four machines that have the game client installed. One more of each, and I can "double box" a full team and form a super group of all me!

Mwah-hahahahahahaha- <coughsputter>

Sorry. Anyway, yeah, I think it's just speed runners, too, but I haven't played it, yet.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 10:27:33 PM »
I dunno what it is yet either but am getting curious now after reading this and hearing all the moaning about an exploit in Zone chat (some/probly most by people that can't figure out the exploit but are calling the people who use it dumb for using it because the 'sploiters supposedly can't finish the alert without cheating).

lol  on the double-boxed SG : )
Some Faves:

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 10:37:14 PM »
The thing about trying the exploit is the rumors of how Cryptic/PWE handled the emote-crash exploit. Rumor has it that everyone who used it, based on a script/search run by the boffins, was permabanned from the game, possibly from PWE, altogether, despite cries by some that they were doing it so that they could accurately file the support tickets that were reporting it.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 10:43:09 PM »
They aren't comparing crashing the zone for everyone to winning a silly alert, are they??
Some Faves:

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 10:59:57 PM »
The forumites are, but the mods have been absent, so far. Apparently, there was another "incident" that resulted in some sweeping bans, but the posters who are recalling that are kind of vague on details.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 11:07:51 PM »
Some of us talked to the CM today and one of the devs. The expectation is that this is being looked into.
Spess

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 11:34:29 PM »
That's good. I should have caveated that I hadn't been over to their forum since this morning.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 01:19:57 PM »
Went in, got smacked around and left looking through a plate glass window waiting for things to end. In defeat. Leaving me with nothing - no pride, or sense of accomplishment - sitting in the dust with only a faint ringing in my ears ..."AT's aren't viable at the high-end"..

I know you're supposed to put on the suit.. But I'm kinda not into it when I know if I try I can make it 'on my own'..
This was my experience with Warlord too... except I made the mistake of putting on the suit.

I basically got creamed the moment I entered the battlefield, on Warlord's first attack, as did pretty much everyone else.  I still had the suit for a while after the mission was over, so I said "screw it" and decided to take it for a joyride around Vibora Bay.

What a disaster.  Enemy groups I'd soloed easily, trivially on my own were a nightmare in the suit.  I couldn't take hits worth a damn, and the damage output I was capable of was sorely lacking - and I'm a Glacier AT, my damage ain't great to begin with!  Then the suit expired and I'm back to normal and I'm like, "What the hell, is the suit a developer dick-move trap or something?  Am I playing Kaizo Champions Online here?"

Now I'll admit, I'm a silver player with no access to the Power Armor powerset - I can't make a freeform PA character or a character with The Invincible archetype.  So... I'm rather inexperienced about Power Armor and how to use it effectively.  I'm also statted as a Glacier, and as far as I'm aware that doesn't change when you put on the suit.  So that's probably another big problem.

Still, it begs the questions - why does the suit exist and what kind of benefits does it offer?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:33:14 PM by Kaiser Tarantula »