Author Topic: Icon - is it just me?  (Read 2140 times)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Icon - is it just me?
« on: August 18, 2014, 12:20:47 PM »
Let me begin by saying I wasn't exactly sure where to ask this.

In Icon, I'm able to create my character and zone into Atlas, no problem. Flying around (yay!) is a joy.

I've read in other threads that some are able to go to other zones. I've pressed a function key, which brought up a text box asking me which zone I wanted to go to. Doesn't seem to matter which zone I type in, I end up in some ...I guess I'll call it limbo. I'm clearly in the sky, way up high, but when I turn flight off, I land --well, I just stop flying and stay put in this ..space. No details, nothing, just a sky blue emptiness.

I'm guessing I either made the attempt to change zones incorrectly, or I've misunderstood other posts and there is no way to travel about the other zones.

Can someone shed some light, please?
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
Re: Icon - is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 12:33:58 PM »
Try the Maps popmenu. It makes it easy to get the map names correct.

You could bind it to a key with

/bind m popmenu maps

for example.

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 04:42:51 PM »
Here is a list of some of the zones you can copy/paste in:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~scuzzbopper/maps.html

I'm not sure if this is the best site to use for this or not, but it is the one I've been using for when my son wants to change zones. Seems like he has been asking me every day to jump on CoH. I may have to try out that menu someone made.
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 09:02:06 PM »
Let me begin by saying I wasn't exactly sure where to ask this.

In Icon, I'm able to create my character and zone into Atlas, no problem. Flying around (yay!) is a joy.

I've read in other threads that some are able to go to other zones. I've pressed a function key, which brought up a text box asking me which zone I wanted to go to. Doesn't seem to matter which zone I type in, I end up in some ...I guess I'll call it limbo. I'm clearly in the sky, way up high, but when I turn flight off, I land --well, I just stop flying and stay put in this ..space. No details, nothing, just a sky blue emptiness.

I'm guessing I either made the attempt to change zones incorrectly, or I've misunderstood other posts and there is no way to travel about the other zones.

Can someone shed some light, please?

what you enter is the full name of the file containing the map data. There are several compiled lists online resulting from PIGG-diving.

I hosed mine by installing the vidiot maps. When I installed cleanly using tequila, every zone worked again. So don't install vidiot map pack on top of the client bits that Tequila installs.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 11:55:10 PM »
Thanks!
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese