Author Topic: NCsoft Email Says "Aion Misses You!" ... Reply Back to Customer Support?  (Read 14177 times)

Rubberlad

• Minion
So I got a solicitation email from NCsoft entitled "Aion Misses You" and it's got a contact email for NCsoft customer support....

Is it worth replying back in a pro-CoH way? if so, what message do folks recommend sending?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: NCsoft Email Says "Aion Misses You!" ... Reply Back to Customer Support?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 03:10:16 AM »
My reply would be utterly unprintable.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Quinch

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 03:16:41 AM »
So I got a solicitation email from NCsoft entitled "Aion Misses You" and it's got a contact email for NCsoft customer support....

Is it worth replying back in a pro-CoH way? if so, what message do folks recommend sending?

Something polite and caustically vitriolic?

Knight Light

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 03:19:30 AM »
"In a realignment of player focus, it has been decided by the general public that NCSoft is unworthy of any manner of support until such time as the City of Heroes servers are reopened permanently.

Kindly email me when you are finished making stupid decisions and either become or sell City of Heroes to a company that cares about its loyal customers.

Sincerely, go screw yourselves."

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 03:28:54 AM »
"In a realignment of player focus, it has been decided by the general public that NCSoft is unworthy of any manner of support until such time as the City of Heroes servers are reopened permanently.

Kindly email me when you are finished making stupid decisions and either become or sell City of Heroes to a company that cares about its loyal customers.

I'll have to remember that if I see an email from NCSoft in my inbox.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

McCreed

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 03:31:58 AM »
"I miss City of Heroes."

Short and to the point.  It'd be nice if a sizable chunk of the Aion mailer replied along those lines.

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 03:51:15 AM »
Tried this with me and my outstanding balance that they STILL owe me.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 04:19:21 AM »
My reply would be utterly unprintable.

this is basically how i would put it, ive never gotten any of those type of emails though since coh was the only ncsoft game i ever played

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 05:49:17 AM »
Hm.  I'm not sure I'd reply that negatively... as I just don't care to rub them the wrong way, mad as I might be...

But maybe like this:

---

Well, howdy there! *waves*

Aion misses me?  More like you miss my money, wouldn't you say?

I'll let you in on a secret.  NCSoft *can* have some of my money... *every month*, and at double the rate if you like... when City of Heroes is back up and running and I can play all of my characters again, with the people I enjoyed playing with. 

Go murder Aion instead and bring back City of Heroes.  With the Paragon Staff you can still get, and advertise it so it grows in the North American Market, like it should have been doing all this time.

Or maybe don't be a horder, and let City of Heroes escape the black pit you've put it in and sell it away.  Your stock value would probably like that, and you'd get a nice injection of the money you want from me playing Aion.

Pending either of those... well, I'll just stop there.  No sense in pouring fuel around here.

#SaveCoH

houtex

---

But since I never played Aion, I probably won't get one of those emails.

/And likely it wouldn't do anything but be cathartic for me in the first place.

Knight Light

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 06:01:12 AM »
Oh, I held back. I can't actually afford my real response which would be to fly to Korea and kick Kim Taek-Jin's teeth down his throat.

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 06:20:01 AM »
I got the same email, and I just sat there for a good three or four minutes SERIOUSLY contemplating sending them an absolutely obscenity-laden reply.

Discretion was the better part of valour, however.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 06:23:16 AM »

You sir! Yes, you!  Take all the thumbs up!

^100

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 06:23:29 AM »

Just great !
--

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 06:25:20 AM »
reply this:

"Your Fortune: before the end you will give up the IP of city of heroes to another company for free when your company is audited because your profits tanked below 0% when you were expecting a raise in profits and made too much efforts to advertise your failed game titles like GW2 and Aion, if you don't sell it now your fortune is to be forced to give the rights up at a governemnt auction for thier profit not yours. seriously shutting down city of heroes was so shameful the internet feels you are full of cancer and players don't want to go anywhere near your games. Especially Aion, Blade and soul, maple story and Guild wars 1 and 2.

you are a bunch of shamefilled dastards ridden with internetcancer, may it consume you with vigor! :D"
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 08:20:22 AM »
I got the same email, and I just sat there for a good three or four minutes SERIOUSLY contemplating sending them an absolutely obscenity-laden reply.

Discretion was the better part of valour, however.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
It usually is.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 08:31:31 AM »
Aion misses me? Well, I miss City of Heroes. Hurts, doesn't it?

#SaveCoH
~Aggelakis, Empathy/Archery Defender, Justice Server
~~ We are heroes. This is what we do!

What I sent in via direct support email and also via their support ticket system. I doubt I'll see any response beyond template.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 10:34:19 AM »
I got this Email to and now have some great choices for a response. This is what happens when you bought other games from a mother to help support your fav child. Man does this mean I can expect a message from GW & GW2 at some date too!?

Greg Lloyd

• Minion
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 11:43:07 AM »
"Dear Sir or Madam,

Go $#*@ yourself. "

Nah, I actually flagged the one I got as spam and didn't reply. If enough people on my mail server do the same NCSoft won't be able to send mail through there anymore. At the very least I won't be receiving anything more from them.
G

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 12:51:30 PM »
"I used to play a game. It was called City of Heroes.
One of my characters was <name>. (s)He was a <alignment>. The world of City of Heroes was the only world (s)he has ever known.
(repeat the above line for every single alt you ever had on CoX)
These characters - their origins, their stories, their struggles - were each a part of me. A part your company has murdered without a second thought when you shut down City of Heroes.
This action of yours has prompted a realignment of trust in your customer loyalty and expenditure plans relating to your company and your offerings.
In other words, City of Heroes, my trust in your loyalty towards your customers and any plans I had to spend my money on your games have one thing in common: as of December 1st, 2012, none of them exist anymore.
You say you miss me? Tough luck, because I sure as hell don't miss you."

That, is all. :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:02:48 PM by The Fifth Horseman »
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 01:09:59 PM »
Oh I remember a time where I had problems with my City of Heroes, I crashed so many times, so I write to the support. I got a reply that I had to try this or that to get my Aion game running fine again. I send them a message back that I never played Aion and I need help with City of Heroes, but all in all they can't help. You see they alway thinking about Aion, "Do we really had any other games, I don't think so..."  ???