Community > Comics and Other Media

Spider-Man: No Way Home

(1/3) > >>

Dev7on:
GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!! IT'S WORTH YOUR MONEY AND THE HYPE IS REAL!!! ALSO, BRING SOME TISSUES!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tenzhi:
I'll see it when it's up for streaming rental at a reasonable price.  I'm done with theaters.

Xev:

--- Quote from: Tenzhi on December 24, 2021, 06:17:23 AM --- I'm done with theaters.

--- End quote ---

I wanna tell some movie theater stories but with difficulty I'm gonna restrain my off-topic self and just say I haven't gone in forever, either, but, I have many great theater memories. Especially as a kiddy kid when I got into the movies for free for years.

Of course that was pre-living in a plastic bubble and pre-covid.

I can relate with both sides. I have no urge whatsoever to hit a theater right now but I'm rooting for movie theaters and their magic.

Tenzhi:
Oh, I have some fond memories.  I never liked crowds, but when I was younger streaming wasn't an option and the time between theater and home/rental release could be quite lengthy.  The $1.50 theater might even get a movie before Blockbuster.  So I frequented theaters more often once upon a time...

But the last straw for me was assigned seating.  No more getting there early and getting the position I want.  Johnny Membership already reserved it in advance and may not even show up to use it.  Also, while I used to drink absurd amounts of liquid without needing a trip to the restroom, I now find the ability to pause a movie invaluable.  Hooray for streaming.

Xev:
Assigned seating?? Wha?? No way. That can't be everywhere? Is that just a covid thing?

Most of the movie theater movies I saw were probably the matinees I saw in a mall as a kid when I could get away from my parents shop. Matinees showing in a small city while most people who can afford to go to movies are at work. Sometimes it was just me and like 1 - 3 others. The movie ratings only significance was that I might have to sneak in. One time it was just me and another kid my age who shared this shopping bag full of popcorn he snuck in. Ah, the sticky floors.. I tried like every seat to find the perfect ones. Sometimes I just liked to sit in the back. I can't even imagine assigned seating.

I totally get the concept of being at home where I am king of the castle, for watching movies. That's where I am. I totally get the concept of some movies are meant to be seen in the theater, too. It's just not the same with lesser tech and atmosphere than in a theater.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version