Author Topic: CoX Chat app?  (Read 1795 times)

bugzee

CoX Chat app?
« on: July 17, 2013, 12:55:43 AM »
Hello peoples,

I replied to another topic about this but I think I should post this here to get the right attention. Forgive me if someone had already suggested this: Can some coders get together and develop a standalone chat application with similar look and functionality as the in game CoX chat? I would love to help dev it as well. I think it would be a lot of fun to chat on it and use it as a consolidated area for realtime chatting.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: CoX Chat app?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 06:59:18 AM »
It's called IRC, and that's what CoX's chat was modeled on and not the other way around. :)
So all you would need is make it look similar. That's something that can be customized in many clients, but the way it's done varies.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Sin Stalker

• Boss
Re: CoX Chat app?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 06:32:32 PM »
I would use it.