Author Topic: Recovering SG Bases from demo recordings...?  (Read 1774 times)

Shenku

• Elite Boss
Recovering SG Bases from demo recordings...?
« on: June 28, 2013, 05:00:04 PM »
Sitting at school waiting for class to begin in about 30 minutes, and in my idle time my mind started drifting towards thinking about City of Heroes and Icon, and a thought popped into my head that made me currious.

I know that Icon is now suppose to let you load up custom map files from the Data folder, but what I was wondering is, is there a way to convert a demo recording's map information into a loadable map file?

For example, on the last day the servers were up, I did a quick demo recording of my character running through my SG's base as a way to try and preserve it, is it possible to take the info from that demo recording and create a usable map file from it for use with Icon?

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
Re: Recovering SG Bases from demo recordings...?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 01:05:01 AM »
Same here. Would love to see them again and maybe run through them a little. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could still edit them?
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Sonic Moonbeam

• Underling
Re: Recovering SG Bases from demo recordings...?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 05:03:47 AM »
I loved base building and I am not sure about reconstructing the whole thing from demo recordings but I wanted to contribute what I could, so I have at least took a step in that direction and am trying to dig through and catalogue base items so that maybe someone can use the info. Here are the items I've found so far with some items having a powered and non-powered state. You can add them to maps you build just like adding grass plates, etc. as written in the map building thread. My goal is to re-create base rooms and have my base back so I can walk through it.

"Listen to my Light~~~~~~~"