Author Topic: Seer Death mov animation?  (Read 1685 times)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Seer Death mov animation?
« on: November 16, 2014, 08:32:38 PM »
I'm not 100% positive but I think I recall finding the mov command for this once and now going through the list... nothing seems to jump out at me...

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Seer Death mov animation?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »
Using ctrl+f to find "death" at http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Demo_Editing/List_of_MOVs, there's a few that seem possible:

AIR_DEATH
EMOTE_FEM_FLOAT_TO_DEATH (and others near that)

The problem is that the first I suspect is the generic death in the air mov, and the second has a male counterpart, which wouldn't be needed for seers. I'm at work so I can't test these. Seers have a mov called SEER_CONTACT_LEVITATE_CYCLE and searching for "Levitate" finds a few with levitiate and "post" in the same, but I suspect that's coming back to the ground, not dying after levitating.

Edit: I forgot I also found CAM_AIR_DEATH_CYCLE and others near that, but that seems unlikely as well.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 05:18:26 PM »
Let's see... Seer_Scanner_01 uses the V_Seers_Bound ent type.  V_Seers_Bound uses the Seers_seq.txt sequencer with a sequencer type of "Seer". Seer_Augur_01 ends up using the same sequencer, but with a type of "Unbound", probably because the bosses can move their arms.

Dumping sequencers.bin and finding FileName=SEERS_SEQ.TXT, and looking for moves that require the DEATH bit...

Aha, the MOV for it is DEFAULT_DEATH. It plays either fem/seer_death.anim, fem/corrupt_seer_death.anim, or fem/seer_unbound_death.anim, depending on the entity subtype, as well as playing the FX feet/seerdeath1.fx.

The catch is that DEFAULT_DEATH will only play the animation you want on an actual Seer NPC. The player rig has different animations for that MOV, and I don't see those animations used anywhere else except in the SEERS_SEQ sequencer.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 03:23:00 AM »
Do you really walk through code or Run through it?  Your knowledge never ceases to amaze me haha.

I've noted some odd results with "body type" at the top of a costume file.

CostumeFilePrefix fem
HeadScales  0,  0,  0
BrowScales  0,  0,  0
CheekScales  0,  0,  0
ChinScales  0,  0,  0
CraniumScales  0,  0,  0
JawScales  0,  0,  0
NoseScales  0,  0,  0
SkinColor  255,  178,  155
NumParts 28
BodyType 1

Changing the number and loading the costume caused my character to howl like a warwolf. Do know the extent of what that entry field actually does? Yeah I'm basically wondering if it changes the player model to an npc so that what you're talking about might work. As a player and not just on clicked seer npcs.

I do thank you for your time, response and for icon :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 03:57:36 AM by Noyjitat »