Author Topic: Did you play much towards the end?  (Read 7141 times)

Bubba Crush

• Underling
Re: Did you play much towards the end?
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2013, 04:04:37 PM »
For me...it was mixed. Some nights it was too depressing to be online at all...especially the first few weeks after the announcement. But I joined in...I had a small bucket list for Bubba to finish. I had a couple of alts that made incarnate status...a little disappointed that I could not completed them. I was generous with giving away some of my influence...helping others to enjoy their toons as I enjoyed mine.When I was away...I left at least one toon online bearing a torch in support of my fellow gamers. I was glad to have marched from Atlas to Peregrine with my fellow Guardians :D. I had to work early...so the final night...I bid my best wishes and went ot bed. Bubba stood in Atlas with his torch held high. When I woke the next morning...my computer was still on...the screen was dark. :gonk:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:40:57 PM by Bubba Crush »

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2013, 06:48:15 PM »
I have 2 terabtyes of video that I took with FRAPS in the final month.  I doubt I'll ever be able to stand to watch it.

glimmershade

• Underling
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2013, 12:59:49 PM »
I played it every day. Every day. Even as my friends grew disillusioned, I kept going. It made me sad to see everyone leave by Sept. 1st. But I wasn't done with the game or the community.

Still aren't.

Me too.

I was on every day, but mainly hung around those friends that didn't abandon the game. I confess to feeling a bit mopey about it sometimes and didn't wind up actually playing the game as much as I maybe should have. I wish that I had taken some time to maybe 50 out one last character, spent some time doing my favorite missions and story arcs, maybe just smell the roses a bit before the lights went out. I wish I had now, but at the time it was just hard to do.

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2013, 02:23:04 PM »
I got a Plant Control/Ma to 50 on beta.
Played a few of my toons on triumph but without access to my incarnate abilities it just wasn't the same
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

ahmpizzedoff

• Minion
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2013, 04:46:22 PM »
I got two toons to 50 in the final days, then went on to play all my others right up until they shut everything off.
Keeper of the toons from the SG, Sugar Coated Suicide, Freedom
Older'n Dirt and proud of it!

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2013, 12:02:21 AM »
I never stopped playing. I was a quick subscriber from the first month I tested City of Heroes.
7 years of bliss.  :roll:

Woodsfire

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2013, 12:16:11 AM »
I tried to play.  But always ended up standing in Atlas park with my torch.

Aye... this was me, too.

Senkan

• Minion
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2013, 01:05:41 AM »
I had been playing on and off since May 2004.  From the moment they announced the game was closed till the end I didn't go on a single mission.  I didn't defeat a single foe.  I was there for Atlas 33.  I had my main online at the end.  I would come on to say hey and that's pretty much it. 

My biggest joy from playing was developing heroes and the thought of making them better for the future.  Since there was no future coming on just put me in a depressive state.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2013, 06:58:26 AM »
I only logged in to delete all my characters.  I couldn't bring myself to play - it just seemed so meaningless at that point.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

okami

• Minion
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2013, 07:03:44 PM »
I mostly just logged into the weekly Saturday group events on Guardian.

No point in grinding out levels and absolutely no point in continuing my latest attempt to do the DA grind.

Stood on the chrononaught badge in Ouro waiting for the lights to go out at the end.

Golden Ace

• Boss
  • Moon Zone Damn it!
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2013, 11:45:48 PM »
Fell asleep, woke up and it was gone.  :(

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2013, 01:11:49 AM »
Over the years, I lost a lot of interest in CoH.  It was a lot of fun, but too many other good games out there to play, too much schoolwork to play CoH like I used to.  Things were just changing- I'd come back every once in a while, at least once or twice a month for a mission or two, but that was basically all.

When they added Water Blast, I came back in force.  It was the one powerset I'd wanted in the game since launch, and it was PERFECT.  So fun, so powerful, so pretty.  I rerolled my main as a Water Blast/Traps Corruptor, and made a new character who was a Water Blast/Elec Blaster.  Had plans to make a Force Field/Water Blast defender as well, once both of those hit 50.

And then the shutdown announcement hit... I was on the day of the announcement, along with a lot of other people, kind of saying my goodbyes then and there.  I logged in from time to time as the slow shuttering of Paragon Studios lingered, but it wasn't fun anymore.  I was just dreading the shutdown, knowing everything and everyone would be gone.

I didn't really play more than a mission or two until the final day.  I was on it as much as I could be, through the repeated server crashes.  And once Virtue went down for good, I hopped onto Pinnacle and played a character I hadn't touched since the week CoH launched(I moved from Pinnacle in the beta to Virtue once the game launched- but Bluescreen, on Pinnacle, was my lone reserved character name from beta).  Went down as the first character I had made in the game.

So, no.  Towards the end I didn't play much.  Until the last day.
green hair

Aura Controller

• Minion
  • "Hey, is there room in that head for one more?"
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2013, 08:41:41 AM »
I was on my oldest char of freedom hanging out with someone I just met that day while running a hami raid.
I have a screen shot of when the screen froze and I lost connection for the last time. And then I cried some more.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AccidentalPsychopath

Look I'm on YouTube!
Is it OK to advertise that down here? O.o
Also does anyone ever read these?

Intone

• Underling
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2013, 11:33:26 PM »
Played since June 2004, just a few months after launch, almost exclusively on Protector.  Dropped off a little after the closure announcement, but still hung in there playing mostly my mains -- Dragon Rage (katana scrapper) and Eschaton (illusion controller). And of course like so many here, logged on that last day and held my torch high in Atlas Park until the lights went dark. What a wonderful community, what an extraordinary game.