Author Topic: Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but...  (Read 2568 times)

pixelBlitzer

• Underling
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but...
« on: October 06, 2012, 09:26:07 PM »
Hey all. I asked this on the CoH forums as well, but given the current state of things I didn't know if I'd get a concrete answer, so I figured I'd ask here too. I was wondering if it was possible (or legal) to somehow acquire a sound file of the little boop that plays when you get a /tell? I really, really want it for my phone for when I get a text message. I think that would probably be the coolest thing ever. If anyone has the file or knows how to get it, I would greatly appreciate any and all assistance! :D

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 09:28:46 PM »
I'm sure that can be extracted from the PIGG files.  (Not something I can do while I'm at work, though.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

pixelBlitzer

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 09:31:57 PM »
How hard is that to do?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 09:33:47 PM »
Not very.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

pixelBlitzer

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 09:34:48 PM »
Is there a program for that that I'd have to download? :o

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 09:36:17 PM »
You could probably find one by searching for "PIGG viewer".  (I don't have a link handy at the moment.)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

pixelBlitzer

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 09:37:15 PM »
Okay! I'll give it a try. Thank you very much!

EDIT: So, the program I tried doesn't seem to want to run. I have to leave for now, so I guess I'll try again when I get back.

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 11:19:30 PM »
Are you running Windows Vista/7? Try running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP.  Even still, it's not going to work terrifically well if you're using what I think you're using.  Game Extractor works more stably and on other games to boot.

pixelBlitzer

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 07:23:44 AM »
So, I tried running Game Extractor, but the only one of the three versions it gives you in the download that actually did anything just gave me this infinitely long scrolling list of, like, command prompt errors. I guess it doesn't like 64 bit Java, so I tried uninstalling GE, installing a 32 bit Java, but still nothing. Has this happened to anyone else? D:

pixelBlitzer

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 12:43:09 AM »
Thanks! :D
So, I've got the file now, but none of the sites I've used seem to like the file. That, or they're just plain not working. xD
I'll keep you guys posted though.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 12:45:50 AM »
http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3

This should be able to convert ogg to mp3. Then you should be able to just use the mp3 file as your texttone.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 04:23:12 PM »
Are you running Windows Vista/7? Try running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP.  Even still, it's not going to work terrifically well if you're using what I think you're using.  Game Extractor works more stably and on other games to boot.

Is Games Extractor better to use than the usual two pigg viewers we've been using for years?