Author Topic: Status Update (October 2)  (Read 98861 times)

Flashtoo

• Minion
Re: Status Update (October 2)
« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2012, 05:20:13 PM »
Yes, and I haven't even read any of her books yet.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2012, 05:24:08 PM »
For those who do not know:

http://www.twitch.tv/paragonstudios

Hit Streak will be on in about 7 minutes. Come join the fun.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #242 on: October 03, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »
I am utterly confident that the fanbase and sales for our good friend and compatriot will see no harm. Anyone here become a Mercedes Lackey fan recently? :)

Not *recently*, no...

Well, unless you count 1986 as recent. :)
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2012, 05:49:56 PM »
Thanks as usual TonyV for the update and the words of cheers.

I must admit that reading the announcement made my trigger finger seriously itchy and my Low Orbit Ion Cannon was aimed straight at NCSoft !

But then I thought that there would be a time for retribution and that the time had not come yet !

NCSoft can still come to their senses and release the IP and source code to the community ... or instead of pretending, actually listen to the various offers they must have received by now !
--

sl701

• Minion
« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2012, 06:11:45 PM »
[First Post]

Hey all, new poster here. First, a big thank you to all the guys here. I rarely have seen such community spirit and positivity!
I'm almost a seven year vet of CoX (well... my 7th year would have been on 1st of December  :roll:), having started with City of Villains and staying mostly redside. I haven't heard that CoX was clsoing down until last weekend. Never got an email from NCSoft. I had to learn it from a buddy from Germany who was visiting on Saturday... a buddy I met seven years ago in, you guessed right, City of Villains. I was shocked. I never played much during the last years, popped in a few times every year to see how things are going, though I never cancelled my account, not even when "Freedom" hit (I dunno - felt like treason to me).
I started digging around on the net and found this place. Good, I thought, something is on its way. Nontheless Monday at work was horrible, even Tuesday. I couldn't get CoX out of my head. What can I do? What can I do? I asked myself.
This morning, before going to work, I saw the new letter from NCSoft. I was shattered. All those efforts for nothing? I read through this thread during breaks and my spirits lifted again.
Thanks to you guys I'm feeling better. I've got some ideas how to reach some non-gaming forums where I frequent and will raise the issue there. Perhaps one of them might sign the petition, too.

And although I was more at home in the Rogue Isles:

We are Heroes. This is what heroes do. (well, there has to be something which I can conquer, after all  ;))

LastRonin

• Underling
« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2012, 06:38:20 PM »
You've got my axe... um... well I don't have an axe. I'll go buy an axe.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2012, 06:43:13 PM »
*hands you a Fender American Deluxe*

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2012, 06:44:10 PM »

I may have a spare. It has some nicks and dents, the last time I used it was to chop up a computer...
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

LightofthePhoenix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #248 on: October 03, 2012, 06:47:23 PM »

I'm sure there's a few people on this forum who could use my Axe.  If gamer stereotypes are to be believed.
My CoH documentary class project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGcFC197rfQ

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #249 on: October 03, 2012, 06:48:30 PM »

cptbarcode

• Minion
« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2012, 07:03:33 PM »
It prompted me to finally order the Heralds of Valdemar series, something a friend had recommended a while ago too.

Now if only they'd deliver them so I can have some quality reading material for my long train rides... =/

Many people enjoy them, although they aren't my personal cup of tea. Tried them, bounced. Enjoyed some of her other work, though, and she's certainly a class act in re COH.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2012, 07:05:19 PM »
did i miss the twitch tv thing?

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2012, 07:05:51 PM »

I wouldn't say you 'missed' anything...but yes, it's over.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Blacjac84

• Minion
« Reply #253 on: October 03, 2012, 07:07:44 PM »

The video is up for your leisure, but DrakeGrimm said, nothing new that was allowable by NDA.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #254 on: October 03, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »
For those of us unable to watch it, can we get a synopsis? In particular, did they corroborate, deny, or in any way address the press release about "exhausting all options?"

Quinch

« Reply #255 on: October 03, 2012, 07:11:23 PM »
If you can't see the archived video on TwitchTV, I uploaded a copy to https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33551029/paragonstudios_City_of_Heroes_Freedom_on_live_user_paragonstudios_1349285364.flv

I don't know how much bandwidth allocation I still have, though, so if someone can upload it elsewhere, that'd be groovy.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #256 on: October 03, 2012, 07:13:19 PM »
My issue is mainly "I'm at work for the next few hours."

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #257 on: October 03, 2012, 07:15:06 PM »
For those of us unable to watch it, can we get a synopsis? In particular, did they corroborate, deny, or in any way address the press release about "exhausting all options?"

Not really. I got the distinct impression that they've told Hit Streak about as much (or in this case, as little) as they've told us.

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #258 on: October 03, 2012, 07:19:11 PM »
Positron mentioned in the stream's chat that, by and large, the community seemed more well-informed about what was going on than the dev team, so I doubt there's anything else any of them could tell us about what's going on that we don't already know.
green hair

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #259 on: October 03, 2012, 07:27:49 PM »
Positron mentioned in the stream's chat that, by and large, the community seemed more well-informed about what was going on than the dev team, so I doubt there's anything else any of them could tell us about what's going on that we don't already know.
Positron's not working there anymore, as far as I know.  But Hitstreak is the acting community manager.  It stands to reason that Hitstreak probably knows something, even if it's just a handful of inferences based on what NCsoft tells him he can't say.