Author Topic: Lairs  (Read 2678 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Lairs
« on: July 29, 2013, 06:05:03 PM »
Ok so I jumped into a pug the other day to finally find out what Therakiel's Temple is all about and whoops, it's not that easy. There's a string of mishes to complete first. (I of course got laughed out of the zone due to complete lack of l33tness.)

Anything else I should probably know about lairs? Interesting factoids? TT seems to be the one I always hear people going to. Are there any other ones I should look into? Anything soloable that's worthwhile? Is TT even worth it? Just curious what people think. I see lots of boss mob fights in TT so I have to find out for myself on that. Once I go through this laundry list of pre-req mishes.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: Lairs
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 06:07:56 PM »
Uh... you can enter TT as long as at least one person has the mission. Sorry you ran into an idiot.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 06:18:13 PM »
Sooo this is just old news? I was hoping to hear this, actually  : ) Gotta luv the dumbing down of MMOs.

Any interesting tidbits about lairs? I've got Apoc Aversion in my mish list so I think I'm gonna go check it out just for kicks (assuming I can)..

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 06:22:08 PM »
You still need the mission to get into this particular lair. It's just like Mandragalore in Lemuria. You don't have to necessarily have the mission as an individual, though.

There are a few lairs at endgame to play. Andrithal, Mandragalore, Viper's Nest, Moreau's Lab, and Therakiel's Temple are notable ones. They have costume drops and perks in them. TT is not meant to ever be soloed because of the light ray mechanic.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 09:26:01 PM »
Decided to go ahead and do the mishes just for kicks. So now I can enter on my own. I'm still not clear on some things..

Do I have to have a full group to even just go in and look around? I enter TT and am stuck in the entrance talking to Caliburn and his mirrors and there's a tombstone blinky that has some Therakiel info.

If I drag a team through there, how do I pick up Apoc Aversion again? Does someone have to share it or can I run the mishes again or..?

There were some entertaining and rewarding mishes to get access to TT. The final mish, where you have to zap Therakiel 100 times... I would like to run this one again. Got two costume pieces and oh man the rot.. I shoulda just started dumping green gear but for some reason I exited with a pile of loot on the ground.
Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 09:47:20 PM »
Destroy the statue to reveal a hole. The mission can be repeated.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 10:38:19 PM »
Ohh ahh, I see how it works now. Dr. Ka has his first mish up again already and sure enough that statue is fragile. Thanks! Good stuff.

Even the entrance to TT is tough.. Should be fun with a decent team.

On to the next one.. Any of them soloable on elite?
Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 11:27:46 PM »
Most of them can be soloed by very specific tank builds.Stealthers can be seen by toughs at all times, though, so watch out.

Try Moreau's lab.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 01:07:38 AM »
Good stuff. Moreau's is tougher than I thought it'd be when I first saw the grey mobs. I'll be back to spend more time there. Today has been a good introduction to Lairs. Tyvm. They were kinda a mystery to me until now.

Today was a good give my main guy luv day. No technical problems, minimum distractions at home, and plenty of new things to check out, tough fights & decent loots. All the planets have been in alignment for a brain reboot out of reality in time for a challenging week to come (new second job). Can't beat that. Still a lil time left too..

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:13:45 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 04:50:07 AM »
yeah I'm going to get more into the lairs. Probably end up soloing. My internal clock of timing when others are interested in running lairs is broken and off sync.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 02:39:45 PM »
I ran through with my Unleashed and could hold my own some in TT (just wanted to look around) but it was too much for me right now even at the entrance. Even Moreau's was tougher than I thought it would be but I plan on making another stab at it. Leezard doesn't get humbled often but yesterday was his day.

My first FF is going to be a Con Primary SS toon. Something tanky. I'm leaning towards con/dex/rec or str. As-is my 4 guys are healer, glass cannon, paper cannon, and melee. I wanted a tank in that lineup to keep the variety theme going (made a Behemoth at least 3 times) but for some reason I decided to level an Inferno to 40 and had to make another dps toon to make up for that mistake, or, delete the Inferno. Somehow the Inferno survives... Maybe in hopes of being tuned someday. As-is, he *is* fun in a team with good agro control.

If the timing's right I'll definitely hop in the next lair team I see and look forward to trying different toons in them.
Some Faves:

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 05:54:14 PM »
I ran through with my Unleashed and could hold my own some in TT (just wanted to look around) but it was too much for me right now even at the entrance. Even Moreau's was tougher than I thought it would be but I plan on making another stab at it. Leezard doesn't get humbled often but yesterday was his day.

My first FF is going to be a Con Primary SS toon. Something tanky. I'm leaning towards con/dex/rec or str. As-is my 4 guys are healer, glass cannon, paper cannon, and melee. I wanted a tank in that lineup to keep the variety theme going (made a Behemoth at least 3 times) but for some reason I decided to level an Inferno to 40 and had to make another dps toon to make up for that mistake, or, delete the Inferno. Somehow the Inferno survives... Maybe in hopes of being tuned someday. As-is, he *is* fun in a team with good agro control.

If the timing's right I'll definitely hop in the next lair team I see and look forward to trying different toons in them.

Yeah I usually run lairs with rounded builds. One of my best Lair runner was a FF passive. Krazy. Dont think there was any mission or lair I came across yet that I did that she found herself over her head. She went strength/con/rec. I would have prefered endurance but since rec. is mostly a side effect on strength and con gear, it was best for her to go rec for the super stat numbers and for the strength spec tree.

not sure about the FF AT personally. But heard mixed reviews. Some say you can do awesome things with it and it's a good AT, other say outside of Force Cascade and force geyser, it's not very good at all. From experience, it's best to go ahead and give it a try. Sometimes the "weakest builds" are monsters in the right hands while the best cookie cutter made by a gaming legend that defeated Gron in two hits is poor performing in another set of hands.