Author Topic: Reply from contact at Google!  (Read 93280 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: Reply from contact at Google!
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2013, 09:50:28 AM »
You said Rae, Quinch and Ammon are doing it. How's your own book writing going ? Did you get a postpone for a month's worth of flu ?

Alas, no, deadlines are deadlines.  I'm chugging away.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2013, 04:29:26 PM »
Alas, no, deadlines are deadlines.  I'm chugging away.
Sidenote: Glad to see you pulled through ok VV. And I wholly understand that deadlines are deadlines. Rain sleet hail snow uphill bothways they dont care the deadline is deadline.

It's marvel that you have time to catch up while doing the things you do for here at the same time with not even letting the flu stand in your way much. Oh yeah and good job with that article.

On subject at hand to the genral crowd:

I agree that's it's better to take time with the proposal making sure it's right and tailored as a specific picth to google than rushing and sending something half done or generic. They will be able to smell half done from a mile away and will probably treat it accordingly by feeding the shredder. It's a very good sign that Google is entertaining our proposal which means there is probably some interest or else I dont think they would have bothered. I suck at proposals as I couldnt sell a filet mignon for 2 cents to a starving carnivore man. So my hats off to the writers. I'm eager to hear a reply but understand it will take a while even after they recieve the proposal. I think it would be awesome to have google at the helms although my friend, an ex-long time cox player, would have a cow. She seems to hate google with a passion (think one of the founders flipped her off in traffic or something :p). My morbid sense of humor is itching to have a good laugh watching her flip out.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 06:38:11 PM »
I certainly thank you VV for all of the work you put in to help us get our game back.  :D

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2013, 08:20:11 AM »
I certainly thank you VV for all of the work you put in to help us get our game back.  :D

Ditto

Said it before but really I don't think we can say it enough. Thank you V.V

Same to you Team Wildcard and TonyV, the programmers working on the reverse engineering.  We all owe you a lot.

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2013, 10:16:26 AM »
This is definitely a very good sign. Thank you V.V. for being our hero.
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2013, 03:17:39 PM »
Im trying to figure out angles for Google Play..

Can the costume creator work on Google Play? could I download it onto my phone or a Nexus and upload it to the game later..

Could Google Play purchase Mids ( who actually owns it ). Could I add Mids to my phone or Nexus.. I could be working on builds on the way home on the bus.. ( joy joy )

How would the auction house play into this. could I purchase items over Google Play ??

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2013, 04:35:56 PM »

Can the costume creator work on Google Play? could I download it onto my phone or a Nexus and upload it to the game later..

Could Google Play purchase Mids ( who actually owns it ). Could I add Mids to my phone or Nexus.. I could be working on builds on the way home on the bus.. ( joy joy )

How would the auction house play into this. could I purchase items over Google Play ??

Yes please, to all of the above.  I would use the heck out of those features if they were added.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2013, 12:37:40 AM »

I would say its far too early to think of any of those things.  But it is google, so I could see those things happening.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2013, 01:57:31 AM »
 Im saying these ate the kinds of things that Google might be interested in.  These have got to be the kinds of ideas that I think need to be presented to Google..

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2013, 05:13:26 PM »

It would require a change -- that could be propagated back to the client codebase -- to put the costume pieces and power animations in their own .pigg file, because the app doesn't need to have all the game-graphics data (putting them in their own file for the client also makes other updates simpler), but the savefiles from the costume creator are just textfiles with different extensions. Making the graphics work would be harder, but as long as you don't expect the same graphics-rendering speed on an Android device you get on your gaming rig, I don't see why it couldn't be made to work.

antarcticaa

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2013, 12:27:33 AM »
We're still working on the rewrite of the pitch, Josh.

Still can't believe all the work you're doing for us, despite the flu and your own deadlines VV.  THANKS!

And to quote Airplane again "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue."

chasearcanum

• Boss
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2013, 02:34:35 AM »
Still can't believe all the work you're doing for us, despite the flu and your own deadlines VV.  THANKS!

And to quote Airplane again "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue."

Agreed.

...err...  "Agreed" on the "all the work" part, not the "sniffing glue" part...
...not that I'm saying that I didn't pick the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.   
...because that would imply that I haven't stopped sniffing glue...
...well, technically I haven't stopped sniffing glue because I never started sniffing glue...
...unless you count that time where I was working on My bootleg Macross model in a non-ventilated space and forgot to put the cap back on...
...and the time I didn't let the glue fully set on my halloween mask's mouthpiece before putting it on for the '93 Camp Castle costume party ...
...which, by the way, is why it wasn't really my fault that some masked maniac terrorized Tongduchon, South Korea that night brandishing a 3 foot summer sausage like a club and screaming incomprehensibly at the nationals...
...you try being comprehensible when your mustache is glued to your mask, and it hurt, dammit, so you bet there was screaming...

... um... anyway, thanks for your commitment VV.

Adrenalin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »
Agreed.

...err...  "Agreed" on the "all the work" part, not the "sniffing glue" part...
...not that I'm saying that I didn't pick the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.   
...because that would imply that I haven't stopped sniffing glue...
...well, technically I haven't stopped sniffing glue because I never started sniffing glue...
...unless you count that time where I was working on My bootleg Macross model in a non-ventilated space and forgot to put the cap back on...
...and the time I didn't let the glue fully set on my halloween mask's mouthpiece before putting it on for the '93 Camp Castle costume party ...
...which, by the way, is why it wasn't really my fault that some masked maniac terrorized Tongduchon, South Korea that night brandishing a 3 foot summer sausage like a club and screaming incomprehensibly at the nationals...
...you try being comprehensible when your mustache is glued to your mask, and it hurt, dammit, so you bet there was screaming...

... um... anyway, thanks for your commitment VV.

Uhm... what he said...   sorta...

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2013, 08:58:28 PM »
And that can even happen with a bit of honey. The thought hurt me >;(
Yeeessss....

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2013, 03:11:07 AM »
I just finished the book.  It was due at the end of the month and I sneaked it under the electronic door at 6 AM this morning.

I will be working on the new proposal starting today.  I figure it to take about a week.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2013, 03:34:19 AM »
I just finished the book.  It was due at the end of the month and I sneaked it under the electronic door at 6 AM this morning.

I will be working on the new proposal starting today.  I figure it to take about a week.
Grats on the book!  6am next day...close enough for government work (and hopefully for publishers).   :)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2013, 04:03:13 AM »

WOOOOOO!!! Congarats!!! hope it sells well!

back before I started to study game dev I wanted to be a writer, most I could ever write was 25 pages (3 chapters) then I'd get bored.. Even though the stories are Super winfest!!

I don't know how you do it, to actually write and publish an entire book. "Kudos" I guess is the best way to say it.

And Also

HEY JANESSA!!

I've been missing you lately, I've been playing some of aeria games MMO's and tried the games PVP... I miss CoH PVP! CoH had so many anti-abuse/cheating mechanisms it made it semi-fair... I miss that..

cause nobody likes getting 3 hit PWNED then sent a /tell with a taunt message.. GAH I MISS COH SOO MUCH.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2013, 04:09:28 AM »
Congrats, VV from Robin formerly @ Luna.  I handed in ms pursuant to hideous revision ltr today, at 4:50 EST, and ed was IN.  Whew.  CONGRATS.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2013, 04:28:33 AM »

Congratulations! May the gods of revenue bless it bountifully! :D

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2013, 04:51:10 AM »
Congratulations on the book.  Keep us posted when it is Available.  Looking forward to reading it.