Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7321502 times)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #9060 on: August 18, 2014, 08:58:04 PM »
I hope they understand themselves something like this would happen.  It's not the first time we had a damage control situation.  Remember the facebook situation anyone?
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9061 on: August 18, 2014, 08:58:59 PM »
You may notice some creative editing here. Last word for now on anything.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9062 on: August 18, 2014, 09:00:33 PM »
On a positive note - I will post some pics of my grand daughter when I can.

Tenthyr

• Underling
« Reply #9063 on: August 18, 2014, 09:01:12 PM »

Justin's articles are always belittling CoH and the fact that the playerbase continues to try. (Mostly because of his inherent hard-on for SWG.)

While i do agree that Massively should have been a tad more tactful with this. I don't see Justin being negative at any point in the article. He's quite decidedly Neutral, if anything.

EDIT: Eww one post I feel like such the no one I totally am.

MattTreck

• Minion
« Reply #9064 on: August 18, 2014, 09:02:12 PM »
On a positive note - I will post some pics of my grand daughter when I can.

Can't wait to see them! Happy that everything is going well.

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #9065 on: August 18, 2014, 09:03:46 PM »
While i do agree that Massively should have been a tad more tactful with this. I don't see Justin being negative at any point in the article. He's quite decidedly Neutral, if anything.

I saw an unhappy post to the article about him reducing the successor efforts down to "knock-offs".
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9066 on: August 18, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »
I saw an unhappy post to the article about him reducing the successor efforts down to "knock-offs".

Yeah it's almost like he really doesn't care about the effort and was just going for attention.  May even be he posted it- meh, at least massively was contacted on it........sigh.

Edit: Contacted as in the team contacted them.  I still worry alot.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:12:24 PM by LaughingAlex »
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Blightrix

• Underling
« Reply #9067 on: August 18, 2014, 09:08:35 PM »
You may notice some creative editing here. Last word for now on anything.

Does this mean no more updates until further notice or are we going to have be in the dark until the deal does or does not go through?

PS. Congrats on your grandchild

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #9068 on: August 18, 2014, 09:13:28 PM »
Thank you folks - so far everyone is as healthy and happy as could be. The baby is still baking in the incubator but the bun in the oven will soon be done!
Kudos on the new spawn. How long until you're a great-grandparent?
Just came to the forums now to see what was the reaction to the Massively article i just saw. i'm hoping the increased attention doesn't become an issue.
Now off to read the article itself...
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Dal

• Minion
« Reply #9069 on: August 18, 2014, 09:15:57 PM »
Yeah it's almost like he really doesn't care about the effort and was just going for attention.  May even be he posted it- meh, at least massively was contacted on it........sigh.

Edit: Contacted as in the team contacted them.  I still worry alot.
May it be worth striking a deal with Massively to have them take it down perhaps?

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #9070 on: August 18, 2014, 09:18:02 PM »
Would it be wise to delete or hide this thread for now? It saddens me to ask this question, but if this is a threat to the deal...
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9071 on: August 18, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »
Kudos on the new spawn. How long until you're a great-grandparent?
Just came to the forums now to see what was the reaction to the Massively article i just saw. i'm hoping the increased attention doesn't become an issue.
Now off to read the article itself...

I figure the attention was always on the rise, but more we need to be respecting them.  Some people really made us look bad way back, belittling them and whatnot on the pages.  Heck, some people immediately misinterpreted and then decided to be all defiant "Well i'm going to start spamming them anyways because thats the right thing to do and I don't care what anyone else says!" very early on, me and a few others were telling these same fools to not do it as they'd ruin the chances for everyone else.  This was on the same save city of heroes page that now has one of Iron Wolfs messages stickied.  I was the first to mention to them but I also mentioned they need to quiet down.

Heck I remember when facebook was getting to the point of really going haywire, facebook of all places, which was funny since people tend to post with their real name.

For me and posting on facebook that time, it's a mixed bag for me.  I regret doing so, as I felt maybe spreading word was to fast.  On the other hand, word needed to get to them to stop flooding NCSoft and at the same time, they needed to be told to be quiet on this.  It ended up that kind of grey area of "am I doing the right thing or should I wait?".  Knowing all that happened today i'd probably have made the same decision to forward what was being said here.

For the record, my post is not the one stickied on the save city of heroes page anymore.  Someone else posted a similar message, this time relaying Iron Wolfs message directly to the facebook crowd.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9072 on: August 18, 2014, 09:25:28 PM »
Would it be wise to delete or hide this thread for now? It saddens me to ask this question, but if this is a threat to the deal...

Hmmm, maybe some people can keep in touch perhaps as long as they keep quiet with regards to the thread?  Or maybe make the thread private?

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #9073 on: August 18, 2014, 09:28:28 PM »
Creating a thread about the possible sale on the main CoH community website, then giving semi-regular updates over the months, generating 450+ pages, over 9,000 replies and close to a quarter of a million views makes it kinda hard to say "but shhh! Don't tell!" to anyone who thinks it might be worth writing an article about.
I get why sharing something this exciting with the community would seem like a good idea, but if NCsoft were going to throw another tantrum over publicity, it might have been better to keep this to the limited access area of the forums, or not even mentioned it until ti was a done deal.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9074 on: August 18, 2014, 09:29:10 PM »

So, in other words, we're back to being at the mercy of someone posting all this stuff in a venue it didn't need to be posted in the first place without his talking to Ironwolf first.  :|

Reckon this means no more updates.  Too easy to take stuff out of context or to misinform people or to get this whole attempt blown.

Yaaaaaaay.

tomborocks1

• Underling
« Reply #9075 on: August 18, 2014, 09:31:33 PM »
Congratulations, Ironwolf. Babies are awesome.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #9076 on: August 18, 2014, 09:33:49 PM »
One of the Massively mods posted this:

With all due respect, nothing we've published was not already posted publicly in a 454-page thread on an open forum, which belies a desire for secrecy.

It doesn't seem like they're going to change much in the article they've already published.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9077 on: August 18, 2014, 09:35:56 PM »
Creating a thread about the possible sale on the main CoH community website, then giving semi-regular updates over the months, generating 450+ pages, over 9,000 replies and close to a quarter of a million views makes it kinda hard to say "but shhh! Don't tell!" to anyone who thinks it might be worth writing an article about.
I get why sharing something this exciting with the community would seem like a good idea, but if NCsoft were going to throw another tantrum over publicity, it might have been better to keep this to the limited access area of the forums, or not even mentioned it until ti was a done deal.

Hmmm.  Perhaps I could shed an idea here.  See NCSoft doesn't want people spamming there emails or their facebook pages like people had been before this deal started.  Such action doesn't help us in any way, especially if the words and tone are always bitter.  Even positive messages in their email from people outside the team would be disruptive in this and damage the efforts.  Let the team be our voices in this, they have gotten us this far and honestly until this article came up I was extremely confident.  I still have some confidence, I just have a little worry in there now.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9078 on: August 18, 2014, 09:40:03 PM »
One of the Massively mods posted this:

It doesn't seem like they're going to change much in the article they've already published.

I saw that to and am annoyed.  My trust in massively.com has gone down because of that.  Like, seriously can't they respect us until we got more details and the deal comes through?  Can't they wait for this deal and the team to finish or fail before posting about it?  But the way Justin talks it's clear he doesn't give a crap.  :/

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #9079 on: August 18, 2014, 09:44:27 PM »

Low post count or not i quite agree with your post. The article itself was rather neutral in its approach to reporting on the efforts.
On the other hand it has been requested time and again that people keep it low key while the negotiations are going on, so if Justin really does have some sort of animosity towards CoH and the associated community posting an article on Massively right at a time when negotiations are supposed to be at a critical stage could be a very deniable way to try to hinder the deal. Of course this is assuming he even read much more than the first and last few posts in this thread before writing the article. Either way it's now out there, so it doesn't matter much what his intentions were if there was even that much thought put into it.
So far so good. Onward and upward!