Author Topic: An organized (sorta) shot at #SaveCoH on the Humble 'leader' board  (Read 20008 times)

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
Re: An organized (sorta) shot at #SaveCoH on the Humble 'leader' board
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2012, 03:21:03 AM »
The only input I got on the split was someone suggesting 45/45/10 so that's what I did.

So, at the 1100ish that we've done (before I add the latest run):
$110 to Humble.
$495 to authors
$495 to charity
(all ballparked)

Knightward

• Minion
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2012, 12:31:20 PM »
You are getting not just the unabridged version of Invasion! which has 35,000 more words (several characters and two story arcs that ended up on the cutting room floor, plus a couple stories with the rest of the cast that also ended up there), but 3 short stories that take place between book two and the (turned in two months ago) Book 3, PLUS a Diana Tregarde novel.  So you aren't getting shortchanged!
WOOOOO!!!!

Though personally, even if I was getting shortchanged, I'd have done it anyway.  Again, it's for a good cause.  Plus, YOU deserve our support for all you've done to save CoH!

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2012, 06:11:02 AM »
Chipped in after having had lots of problems with my paypal account ...ugh.
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

Kalikamata

• Underling
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2012, 06:34:13 PM »
Ok, chipped in! 

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2012, 07:06:37 AM »

OK, someone is going to get stabbed. Who claimed the key to their Humble account?
No one else can access it now. Thanks.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2012, 10:16:37 AM »
Start a new one, I'll chip in again.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2012, 10:58:29 AM »
key? what? explain please?

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2012, 05:03:17 PM »
key? what? explain please?

The page is unique to the purchase, and Humble introduced a system a while ago where you could have an account (like say GOG or Steam) and you could tie your Humble Bundles to your account, so that you could log in and always have them.

Someone tied the unique page that we got for pledging to their Humble account. Rendering it unavailable for anyone else to use.

VV:
It's gonna end tomorrow, anyways.

Is there anyone who has downloaded the whole thing that could set up a DropBox or similar system, so at least those of us who didn't download them all at once can get them?

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2012, 06:53:41 PM »
This is serious; we should contact Humble and see if they can do anything about it. Not acrimoniously, but seriously and professionally. Maybe appoint a spokesperson. (I suggest either the OP, the person who started the chipin, or VV.)

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2012, 07:45:12 PM »
i have every format of everything
i don't do dropbox but i have a rapidshare account or skype if that helps.

Is there a way for whoever accidently linked it to their humble account to give access?

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2012, 09:19:25 PM »
This is serious; we should contact Humble and see if they can do anything about it. Not acrimoniously, but seriously and professionally. Maybe appoint a spokesperson. (I suggest either the OP, the person who started the chipin, or VV.)

I wouldn't recommend contacting Humble... From their terms of service:
Once you make a purchase, you should receive a unique download page. You shall not, directly or indirectly, disclose the unique URL for your download page to anyone else or use anyone else's download page. You are solely and entirely responsible for all activities that occur on your download page. Humble Bundle shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your download page.

They're probably willing to look the other way when people do it, but it's probably not a good idea to directly bring it to their attention.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »
Yeah, don't contact Humble.  I have PDFs but not the HPDFs or the Epubs or Mobis.

If there is anyone who hasn't downloaded yet, we should organize a shared dropbox; Moonfyire can upload there, and everyone else can download from there.  Dropbox is free and easy to set up.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2012, 09:56:03 PM »
I didn't download any of the things; I was waiting until the end. But I did chip in. :/

Anyway, I have a dropbox and I can set up a folder if you guys can get me the files.
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2012, 10:34:02 PM »
I had separately bought my own copy before chipping in, so I have access to all of them. I don't want to personally make them publicly available, but I'm more than happy to share a copy with someone else who wants to. I'm uploading them right now and will send a PM to syrusb so she can download a copy and make them available to everybody else.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2012, 11:17:57 PM »
If only we were in charge of the whole NCSoft debacle, we'd not only have a solution in place we'd be running in parrallel with the NCSoft CoX while Codewalker slowly imported our toons.   :'(

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2012, 11:23:19 PM »
I'm archiving the books into .rars right now, i'll link here in this post for you guys...or should i wait to be infromed who to link to? Maybe someone could tell me who paid and i'll link them.

EDIT: Correction, my internet isn't working properly today so let me know who paid and needs the files and i will upload tomorrow after i contact my isp to fix it. Thanks.

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2012, 04:37:01 AM »
So, we keep the current ChipIn running and distribute the DropBox link instead?

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2012, 06:20:00 AM »
Okay guys, I got the files from Sekoia and split them up int 6 zips 'cause my Dropbox was freakin' out over super large files. Here are all the links, and please let me know if there are any issues.

[removed]
Links have been distributed and unless otherwise requested, will remain as they were.

edit:
Forgot about this link which may have some helpful info:
http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/776614-signal-to-noise-file-choices
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:21:28 PM by syrusb »
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2012, 06:49:59 AM »
Okay guys, I got the files from Sekoia and split them up int 6 zips 'cause my Dropbox was freakin' out over super large files. Here are all the links, and please let me know if there are any issues.

[removed]
Links have been distributed and unless otherwise requested, will remain as they were.

edit:
Forgot about this link which may have some helpful info:
http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/776614-signal-to-noise-file-choices

You rock.

And apparently that does what I was considering anyways and makes it availible to everyone on behalf of #SaveCOH. :)

Moderator edit: I updated the quoted portion to match the change syrusb made to her post. -- Sekoia
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:07:26 PM by Sekoia »

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2012, 12:00:33 PM »
ok, welli have it on rapidshare if anyone doesn't want to install dropbox. Dropbox stays on and takes up ram if you don't close it from your tray which is why i don't use it. I had to compress them into .rar  files to upload them easier so you will have to unzip them. Internet is still crappy today but at least it has upload now. Yesterday i had 0Mbs upload speed. Today i only have half .5 but it's better than 0. Gotta call isp tomorrow if it still isn't right.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:53:55 PM by Moonfyire101 »