Author Topic: News?  (Read 241546 times)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: News?
« Reply #500 on: October 02, 2012, 09:28:02 PM »
(Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?)

Japanese.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #501 on: October 02, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
@Vulpy
Protector Server

zybron

• Boss
« Reply #502 on: October 02, 2012, 09:30:42 PM »
Japanese.
"Forget it, he's rolling."

:)

Edit: Beat me to it, and with a link, even.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #503 on: October 02, 2012, 09:31:33 PM »
As has been mentioned, even if it's true and negotiations with Paragon ultimately fell through, that doesn't mean that things are over. It just means that we have to approach the problem from a different angle. We move on to Plan 'x'.

...can we at least hit up plans B-W first? >.>;
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

candidate

• Underling
« Reply #504 on: October 02, 2012, 09:32:39 PM »

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #505 on: October 02, 2012, 09:34:02 PM »
...not feeling much of an 'ouch' really. Mostly a bemused "...really? you're going to try that?" here.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #506 on: October 02, 2012, 09:35:06 PM »
That's the most rational approach, I think: await confirmation.
Absolutely.
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #507 on: October 02, 2012, 09:35:15 PM »

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #508 on: October 02, 2012, 09:36:25 PM »
I didn't even bother reading the whole thing, but you guys can think about it, if you want.   8)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Elias

• Underling
« Reply #509 on: October 02, 2012, 09:36:59 PM »
...can we at least hit up plans B-W first? >.>;

I was going for a variable, because I didn't know if we were on plan B yet. o_o I thought plan A was trying to rescue Paragon before some staffers moved elsewhere. I think Cryptic has already hired some at the very least.

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #510 on: October 02, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »
I also want to say...
Way to go, everyone involved with the SaveCoH movement! Thank you!

We may not have gotten the words we wished to hear today, but we positively created the situation for NCSoft to actually deliver us a response.

I doubt we're done trying to change the minds of the people behind these decisions.

Again though, let's wait and see what more we hear from other parties that would have been involved in these "exhausted" efforts.

--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #511 on: October 02, 2012, 09:39:49 PM »
I didn't even bother reading the whole thing, but you guys can think about it, if you want.   8)
Assuming that's a response to me, I was noting that "candidate" literally had a quote of that NCSoft response and the line "Ouch!" as his very first Titan Networks post.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #512 on: October 02, 2012, 09:43:29 PM »
Remember your Mohandas Gandhi

First they ignore you.
They laugh at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.

This straddling stages 2&3 here.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #513 on: October 02, 2012, 09:44:37 PM »
It was, and your point is why I didn't give it any attention.  If it's not a troll (unicorn?), it's at least someone who didn't bother doing the reading. :)

I'm not changing my opinion until I see something here from VV, Tony, or Brian, unless someone with an established connection to the devs chimes in.  All of this is what they want, otherwise, assuming it is misinformation. The only thing I did like was the nuclear graphic that followed the first post. That made me snicker.

eeek

• Underling
« Reply #514 on: October 02, 2012, 09:45:17 PM »
It sounds like complete rubbish.  "Exhausted ALL"....??   

Sounds to me like they're saying "How do we politely tell them to shut the heck up?"

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #515 on: October 02, 2012, 09:46:27 PM »
Remember your Mohandas Gandhi

First they ignore you.
They laugh at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.

This straddling stages 2&3 here.

Now we need to avoid Step 5. You know. The one where they shoot you with a revolver at close range. (that's a joke, I seriously doubt NCSoft is evil enough to hire HITMEN to kill us.)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #516 on: October 02, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »
If it's not a unicorn (unicorn?), it's at least someone who didn't bother doing the reading. :)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #517 on: October 02, 2012, 09:59:28 PM »
((And please tell me the "Germans bombed Pearl Harbor" thing was a deliberate joke. >_> ))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE <- (language warning for anyone who's sensitive to that sort of thing)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #518 on: October 02, 2012, 09:59:54 PM »
I'm not normally one to start speculating on such things...but a guy with only one post on the Titan Networks, and it's this, after said link had been given and commented on for a page or so worth of "let's wait and see..."

Interesting.

VERY interesting, if one thinks about it deeper still...
I feel like I should point out that several other first time posters have popped up after that announcement, though most were of the positive variety.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #519 on: October 02, 2012, 10:00:24 PM »

* DrakeGrimm dies laughing hysterically