Author Topic: News?  (Read 241545 times)

Arctic Force.

• Lieutenant
  • I am A Blaster.....Floors Fear Me!!
Re: News?
« Reply #400 on: September 27, 2012, 03:36:04 PM »
and if she is allergic to said flowers this could be construed as malicious

add...little stuffed animals and cards may be a different story :)
One the biggest entertainment franchises was saved by a letter writing campaign. Now it has 4 spin-off tv shows an animated series, eleven movies plus 1 in the works, multiple games And pretty much started "Fan-Cons". Thanks Mr. Roddenberry  Earn free bitcoin

frostcoh

• Minion
« Reply #401 on: September 27, 2012, 03:36:45 PM »

If she's allergic, she can give them to her support staff.

Tanglefoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #402 on: September 27, 2012, 03:37:59 PM »
Quick!  Someone show TonyV!

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #403 on: September 27, 2012, 03:38:21 PM »

Just don't send any scarlet carsons.

And if it's going to be construed as anything, I think it'd be... well, let's just say it wouldn't go over very well if she calls hubby and says, "Why are all these geeks suddenly hitting on me?"

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #404 on: September 27, 2012, 03:38:30 PM »

Look, we can sit here and be timid and worry about that, or we can actually do stuff. I for one am not going to be content to sit on my duff doing nothing.

We could also tie this in with another idea someone had, and have some of the cards invite her to come play with us. >.>
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Tanglefoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #405 on: September 27, 2012, 03:41:17 PM »
I really like both ideas actually.  The only thing with an invite is that the FAQ said you couldn't create new accounts. 

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #406 on: September 27, 2012, 03:42:16 PM »
I really like both ideas actually.  The only thing with an invite is that the FAQ said you couldn't create new accounts.

Like I said in the other thread...yeah, that's kind of a bummer. Guess they'd have to just. You know. Fix that or something. *shifty eyes*
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #407 on: September 27, 2012, 03:49:00 PM »
The least expensive, appropriate arrangement I could find using my phone is called"Pretty Please" on the Teleflora website. I have no idea if Teleflora is in Korea, but it seems like it was when I visited 15 years ago. It may have been FTD. It's odd, the little familiar things that catch your eye in a foreign country.

Also, the jealousy point is a valid one. Mix it up. There are three people whose office addresses we have.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #408 on: September 27, 2012, 03:51:39 PM »
Sign the card on the flowers with our character name:

"I normally keep Paragon City quite safe
Day upon days; hour upon hours.
But I had to pause for a moment,
To send to you these friendship-based flowers."
               --- Soundtrack, Virtue Server

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #409 on: September 27, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »
These are all great ideas. HEY TONY! I THINK WE GOT A NEW CALL TO ACTION FOR YOU! XD

Quinch

« Reply #410 on: September 27, 2012, 03:56:07 PM »
Couple of tips, don't use red wrapping or ink unless you want to make an entirely different kind of message.

Now, where's that post about Korean customs....

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #411 on: September 27, 2012, 03:59:23 PM »
Couple of tips, don't use red wrapping or ink unless you want to make an entirely different kind of message.

Now, where's that post about Korean customs....

Okay, red is bad.  Associated with Death, or what?

Sounds like finding that post is a real good idea Quinch. 

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #412 on: September 27, 2012, 04:00:49 PM »
Yeah, a little research to make sure Korean flower customs won't make this send the wrong message is advised. Once we settle on a kind of flower that is appropriate to send, I think it might be good to have people send one flower each. Those who want to invest in bouquets can, but floods of single-flower gifts will send a pretty poignant message.

I, unfortunately, don't know Korean customs. I know in Japan, red is even more associated with romance than in America, due to the idea of the "red thread of Fate" that binds together destined lovers.

Quinch

« Reply #413 on: September 27, 2012, 04:08:31 PM »
I'm not sure how to find it - it was on the CoH forums, one or both links went to export.gov; I don't have it in my history on this computer, though I could pull it up tomorrow morning if nobody else fishes it out in the meantime.

Blacjac84

• Minion
« Reply #414 on: September 27, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »
Does this help?  It's not exactly specific, but it's more than I knew before.

http://www.vayama.com/etiquette/south-korea/

I also found out that it's bad luck to write the person's name in red.

"In Korean culture, writing a name in red ink often means that someone has died or is about to die."

This will definitely send a wrong message.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #415 on: September 27, 2012, 04:40:15 PM »
Interesting. So red wrappings are considered acceptable, but red ink is offensive. *ponders*

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #416 on: September 27, 2012, 04:42:18 PM »
"In Korean culture, writing a name in red ink often means that someone has died or is about to die."

Well.... TECHNICALLY that would be accurate....

...but I doubt anyone has ever used that to convey the death of a game.  8)

Blacjac84

• Minion
« Reply #417 on: September 27, 2012, 04:45:37 PM »
Well, we could put "City of Heroes" in red, but that might also be misinterpreted.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #418 on: September 27, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »
Well, we could put "City of Heroes" in red, but that might also be misinterpreted.

Do they play with this in Korean mafia movies? Like... send someone a business letter in red ink to say, "Either finish those TPS reports, or IKILLJOO!!!"

Mindscythe

• Lieutenant
  • "Any world is what you make of it."
    • SoR Radio
« Reply #419 on: September 27, 2012, 07:48:33 PM »
Second, if you have talents such as being a video wiz, musically inclined, artistically inclined, comically inclined, ...whatever your talent is, if you can spare some of it for our cause, please do!

Unfortunately, I'm mainly an audio guy, but I do have an idea. I have to talk with someone tonight, but I may be able to bring a couple true CoH "characters" back and have them enter the fray. :)
"Radio... Radio... RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY!"

http://www.profj.org/theradiospeaks/