Author Topic: News?  (Read 241552 times)

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
Re: News?
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2012, 11:15:42 PM »
Right now I see that absolutly nothing is happening. NC-Soft is ignoring everything what we do and it's good that we have a Plan Z...  ???

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2012, 11:18:32 PM »
Right now I see that absolutly nothing is happening. NC-Soft is ignoring everything what we do

If they are negotiating a sell-off, it's unlikely they'd say anything until everything was signed.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2012, 11:34:25 PM »
Right now I see that absolutly nothing is happening. NC-Soft is ignoring everything what we do and it's good that we have a Plan Z...  ???

Brian Clayton contacted me to say he had no news for me yet.  In delicate business negotiations, "no news" means "They haven't killed us yet."
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2012, 11:39:58 PM »
We've reached the most painful part of this process. "Hurry up and wait."

We won't get news until there is news. All we can do is continue our campaign to support the game. Spread the word, recruit others, and continue planning new Call to Action Projects. We must now exercise the most difficult Power Set to master...Patience Defense!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2012, 11:43:15 PM »
My son is 100% confident that it will be saved.
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2012, 11:44:15 PM »
My son is 100% confident that it will be saved.

Good enough for me!  ;D
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2012, 11:49:16 PM »
Well I can give you two things OUTSIDE of Paragon Studios.

Baen Books has agreed to put the whole of my webpage letter to fans on THEIR website.

Janis Ian has agreed to post something from me on HER website.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Takeda

• Underling
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2012, 12:04:07 AM »
Wow!  I've really fallen in love with the Baen Free Library (and I've bought a bunch of stuff from them because of it), but it's really cool they're backing you. 

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2012, 12:33:51 AM »
Wow!  I've really fallen in love with the Baen Free Library (and I've bought a bunch of stuff from them because of it), but it's really cool they're backing you.

Us.  There's no "me" and "you" here.  They're backing us.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2012, 12:37:02 AM »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2012, 12:43:17 AM »

...I've run out of ways to praise you without sounding like a creepy stalker or something. Just...pat yourself on the back for me, for being awesome, and we'll call it even. >.>

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2012, 12:51:32 AM »

We won't get news until there is news. All we can do is continue our campaign to support the game. Spread the word, recruit others, and continue planning new Call to Action Projects. We must now exercise the most difficult Power Set to master...Patience Defense!
Channel any airport experience you have into this, it helps >.<

Hey, you can always play the game :)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2012, 01:09:36 AM »

Six years in the Navy prepared me for THIS moment! :)

Fortunately, the game still works, if the internet holds up. (issue with my ISP)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Render112

• Underling
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2012, 02:12:16 AM »
I have not played since my graphics card on this trusty laptop was not enough. Tomorrow I will get another computer and join everyone after the DL of the client. I was the one that bought a computer on Black Friday not knowing what lay in store for me, lol, then abruptly took it back when GW2 wasnt to my liking, but mostly because I learned CoX was setting sail.  :o

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2012, 02:26:10 AM »
I find playing the game to be incredibly helpful. Especially when I'm creating a new character or leveling a lowbie. Something about the act of making progress in the game is reassuring, as if the game has to stay open because "I'm not done yet." Probably some kind of psychological phenomenon, maybe it stems from my frequent use of the game as an escape from RL stress. Whatever the reason, it's effective. Plus it keeps me on the servers, so two birds with one stone and all that  :P
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2012, 06:24:15 PM »
If they are negotiating a sell-off, it's unlikely they'd say anything until everything was signed.
I can't agree more. I know that not hearing anything is probably more demoralizing the longer it goes on, but nobody in a business deal with this much public interest will want to risk anything slipping prematurely and possibly messing up any delicate deals going on.  The hardest thing we can do  now is play the waiting game, but we have action points to use up on our turns, keep signing petitions, sending letters, posting on any and everything that is covering this story.  It may not seem it, but everything that we are doing I believe is being noticed and could be making a difference.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2012, 10:30:17 PM »
I recall a demonstration I took part in at university many years ago. It involved occupying a campus building, and lining several flights of stairs with students to provide an intimidating gauntlet for our opposition to walk through.

We were all in place, students as far as the eye could see...and a group of suited people came slowly up the stairs, receiving cold, silent, withering stares from every pair of eyes as they ascended to the conference room.

Once they had passed, a student rep appeared on the stairs to congratulate us for the intensity of our 'welcome' ...and added that the opposing group would be along shortly, so could we get ready to repeat the performance?

Yep, that's right - we'd unknowingly welcomed our own side with a battery of cold stares. But the thing is, they didn't take offence because they knew what we were doing was not aimed at them.

And so it is with the current situation with NCSoft I believe.

If there are secret negotiations going on, then any actions on our part are unlikely to compromise them because by definition if a negotiation is in progress, the game's future is undecided. Protests are expected, and if a save plan is on the table, those protests will be remembered as being parallel to the issue at hand.

If however there are no negotiations, no talks, no hope of saving our game, and NCSoft's continuing silence is simply them sticking their fingers in their ears and saying "la-la-la, not listening, can't hear you!" because they want this embarrassing problem to go away as if it never happened...well, then our protests are not parallel to the issue - they ARE the issue, because as far as the decision makers are concerned, the closure is a done deal, so all we have left is our right to let them know what we think of that decision.

A gauntlet of icy stares is quickly forgotten in the warm light of reconciliation...but if there's no light, then the chill will linger, and the memory of that chill will stay.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2012, 11:04:06 PM »
I recall a demonstration I took part in at university many years ago. It involved occupying a campus building, and lining several flights of stairs with students to provide an intimidating gauntlet for our opposition to walk through.

We were all in place, students as far as the eye could see...and a group of suited people came slowly up the stairs, receiving cold, silent, withering stares from every pair of eyes as they ascended to the conference room.

Once they had passed, a student rep appeared on the stairs to congratulate us for the intensity of our 'welcome' ...and added that the opposing group would be along shortly, so could we get ready to repeat the performance?

Yep, that's right - we'd unknowingly welcomed our own side with a battery of cold stares. But the thing is, they didn't take offence because they knew what we were doing was not aimed at them.

And so it is with the current situation with NCSoft I believe.

If there are secret negotiations going on, then any actions on our part are unlikely to compromise them because by definition if a negotiation is in progress, the game's future is undecided. Protests are expected, and if a save plan is on the table, those protests will be remembered as being parallel to the issue at hand.

If however there are no negotiations, no talks, no hope of saving our game, and NCSoft's continuing silence is simply them sticking their fingers in their ears and saying "la-la-la, not listening, can't hear you!" because they want this embarrassing problem to go away as if it never happened...well, then our protests are not parallel to the issue - they ARE the issue, because as far as the decision makers are concerned, the closure is a done deal, so all we have left is our right to let them know what we think of that decision.

A gauntlet of icy stares is quickly forgotten in the warm light of reconciliation...but if there's no light, then the chill will linger, and the memory of that chill will stay.
Good points.  If there still are negotiations going on, then no news isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I mean, it will be come November.  But for now I think it's too soon to tell.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2012, 02:54:13 AM »
The fact that there are negotiations happening AT ALL is a positive sign. Right now we have to wait and let things take their course. Meanwhile, we need to keep doing what we're doing. Spread the word, make noise, make it impossible for them to let this die quietly.

But, if we do nothing else, we should remember why we fight. For those of you who haven't recently, get back in there and play. There are Freaks to beat and Nemesis plots to untangle, sappers must still be a primary target and we can always Go. Hunt. Kill, Skuls...

We're not dead yet. And, since we seem to have a bit of time on our hands, let's play!

Who's with me?
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.