Author Topic: The worst thing  (Read 7528 times)

Colette

• Elite Boss
Re: The worst thing
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 10:00:35 PM »
I knew what we had. I tried CO when it came out. Nowhere near as fun as CoH. Tried DCU. Same thing.

Coh was my first MMO, and until Plan Z comes to fruition, my last.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 10:13:39 PM »
I knew what we had. I tried CO when it came out. Nowhere near as fun as CoH. Tried DCU. Same thing.

Coh was my first MMO, and until Plan Z comes to fruition, my last.

Same here.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 10:54:36 PM »
Nothing comes close for me, either.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Ironbull

• Minion
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 01:36:33 AM »
  Every so often, I stop back in.  It's tough to do, but I do it for hope.  Like you, I've tried other games.  I've tried to cope with the pictures of my toons and the old memories.  I too want to fly again.  I want to stand around in pocket D.  I want to run with super speed from one side of the Hollows to the other.  I do not want to settle for poor imitations or Phantasy MMO substitutes.  It may take years, but if we keep rejecting the crap they throw at us, maybe...  just maybe the day will come when we have something that brings us all home.  This was my first MMO and I am still proud to say I haven't found anything that holds a candle.  I miss you all and still hope for the day we take to the skies again.  Till then, I'll keep checking in, keep hoping, and once in a while, I'll even pop in and say hi.

-Josh 

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 12:07:12 PM »
All I want is another MMO where teaming is the norm like in CoH. A game, regardless of setting or mechanics or anything, that will let people drop in and out of a team doing absolutely any mission in the game, with the game maintaining an equal level of challenge regardless of player count. A game that doesn't have solo content and team content with clearly labelled distinctions between the two. A game where the solo content IS the team content, because everything scales and very little if not outright nothing demands that you have x players before you can go in.

Which is to say, I want any game, no matter what setting it uses or how its combat works or anything, that's truly multiplayer. Not the endless parade of WoW clones who think all it takes to be an MMO is a persistent world and a couple of truckloads of grind. Is that really so much to ask? Apparently it is. :(

Cobra Man

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 10:51:18 PM »
The worst thing for me is ..... I'm pretty damn sure that no one at NCsoft realised just how good CoH actually was - compared directly to it's supposedly superior rival games in the genre.

I think that all they saw were numbers or charts.

CoH had pretty much everything I wanted in a game .... and I just can't find anything to replace it.

:(

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 01:16:08 AM »
CoH had pretty much everything I wanted in a game .... and I just can't find anything to replace it.

:(

This.

I keep making costumes in Icon and sighing, thinking 'if only...'