Author Topic: Easy Q  (Read 1789 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Easy Q
« on: July 14, 2013, 05:14:44 PM »
Is it just me or is it easier than ever to get Q lately? Seems like every time I log on, which hasn't been any more often than normal, there are Nemesis Alerts or Q boxes dropping in other Alerts and I even logged on during Q bonus time twice without trying in recent memory - once, while farming Nemesis Alerts! hehe..

Maybe I've just been lucky? Well, and I'm too stubborn to drop my price for Q in the Exchange and I've not sold any Q since weeks now. Usually, it takes 1 or 2 days max.

It's all part of a plot to foil my FF slot saving/buying plans, I know it!
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
Re: Easy Q
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 07:05:10 PM »
OK so last word on the topic. I just say... 40+ boxes of Q.

Couldn't get Xev out of MI so I fired up Leezard and set him loose on Nemesis Alerts. They are still going...
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 08:05:51 PM »
I didn't start seeing an increase in the Q boxes the first time you posted, but over the weekend I was able to go from no Q leveling armor to a full 6x Armadillo set of tanking armor. So ya... at least with Dockside Dustup: Nemesis missions I've seen an increase in Q drops.  Mind you, I'm the one the RND hates and only gives 200 Q per box... but there has been a plethora of them lately.

Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 01:42:13 AM »
Had someone that was going to log in for me and get Xev outta MI... Hey, lemme try another toon and see if he gets stuck there first.. Sure enough, Leezard gets stuck there, I have probs to log back on, and now my helper is gone and two of my best guys are stuck in MI.

Sooo I logged on the Marksman and ran another 9k of Q worth of Nem Alerts.. 
Some Faves:

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 11:45:23 AM »
How are you stuck in MI? Bug (gasp!) Or do you need a hand with something?
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »
I'm stuck with a Fatal Error. Or I was.

For some reason I was able to get Lee out basically by trying a few times. Couldn't get Xev out no matter what I tried. So finally I re-install CO from the install program I had saved to disk, copy over my patched version minus texture.hogg & texture2.hogg, run the patcher to let it update, and voila, Xev is free.

The clue was in a file called hog_errors.log. It shows more info than the above link - it shows the actual .hogg that the problem file is in. Telioslab whatsits is in texture.hogg. I had some errors with texture2.hogg (and have before) and it is a small patch to bring it up to date so I just went ahead and did that one too to do it.

Afterwards I logged on all my guys and in the process of doing that and zoning into and out of MI, and the patcher doing it's thing when logging on the first time it was < a 200 meg dl and my texture.hogg file shrank ~ 300 meg from the version I had before re-installing.

Trivia: When doing a 'force verify' from the launcher, if you hit ctrl-c, it pops up with a debug screen that shows the same info that is in hogs_error,log.

Oh yeah, I ended up with ~ 18k of Q just (being peeved at my situation and...) doing Nem Alerts yesterday. Took 2 runs.
Some Faves:

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 12:05:50 AM »
I rarely get the Q bonus hours but always end up logging in during the junk Vehicle mod spam hour.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 03:46:23 PM »
I was watching the schedule for a while, but the open Q hours (not the story Q) were coming at inconvenient times. Since the Alerts are short, I may try doing some of those for a while.

Oddly, I had forgotten about an STO character that I hadn't logged onto in 6 months. When I realized that the same type of system is in that game, as well, I logged in to see what he had, and it was something like 7100 dilithium. The exchange rate is much more friendly, there, too.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 06:41:07 AM »
I stopped looking for the Q hours on the calendar awhile back too and always am surprised when the message comes up that I got Q after a fight, because it is so rare.

Kinda like 18k worth of Q boxes in 2 runs of Nemesis alerts! Price of Q is still down too.

Some Faves: