Author Topic: Standing Vigil in game  (Read 31726 times)

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
Re: Standing Vigil in game
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »
(grin) I'm up to 3 instances now, going to create accounts and see how many I can get running concurrently. Here's the current census

Virtue AP33 - at least 30
Triumph - 4
Vigilance - 1 merci!
Liberty -  1
Defiant - 0
Pinnacle - 4
Champion - 5
Union - 0
Infinity - 1
Victory - 1
Zukunft - 0
Guardian - 5
Justice - 5
Freedom -  8
Protector - 2

(drat - 3 instances seems to be the limit on that box. Have to try cutting the graphics and stuff way down, that should help)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 09:52:18 PM by The_Hunter_JLJ »

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2012, 11:09:16 PM »
Them EU servers need to get on it!

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2012, 01:35:07 AM »
Holy CRAP! Now I understand why my wife set us up on Infinity way back when she brought me into this game. I cannot believe all the negative jerks in here. It is ongoing. I never thought I would hear this sort of thing in CoH. I certainly hope nobody logs in to do a 'report' on the vigil and record some of the latest broadcasts :(

Just wow.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2012, 02:14:37 AM »
Tunnel Rat just stopped in AP1 to say hello and thank us for our support and how much it means to them. The fact the Devs take time to pop in makes it all worth it.

[Local] NCsoft_Tunnel Rat: You're all heroes.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2012, 02:33:25 AM »
Standing by for my first Vigil on Champion overnight.
Its good to see im not alone.  :D
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

Nightkind

• Underling
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2012, 03:48:09 AM »
(grin) I'm up to 3 instances now, going to create accounts and see how many I can get running concurrently. Here's the current census

Virtue AP33 - at least 30
Triumph - 4
Vigilance - 1 merci!
Liberty -  1
Defiant - 0
Pinnacle - 4
Champion - 5
Union - 0
Infinity - 1
Victory - 1
Zukunft - 0
Guardian - 5
Justice - 5
Freedom -  8
Protector - 2

(drat - 3 instances seems to be the limit on that box. Have to try cutting the graphics and stuff way down, that should help)

Virtue's AP1 has had a good number of heroes standing vigil most of the week. I'm hoping there are enough to keep a strong vigil on AP33 and AP1 both.

Also, hi everyone! 7 year vet. Tonyv and Titan Network have been awesome since our crisis hit. Thank you guys for leading the charge to save our City!

It would have been much easier just to give up. But, that's not what heroes do!

I am one of you forever, heroes of Paragon!  :)

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2012, 04:14:01 AM »
Well there are now 7 in Infinity... counting my pets lol

I'll stand with 'em tonight while I work. Keep it up all!

Jetfire99

• Lieutenant
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2012, 09:01:06 AM »
Embyron/Maya of Oasis here. I'll be chilling out over night too, I'm just grabbing all my alts with Titan Extrator before my VIP could run out and I get locked out of characters. D:

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2012, 03:39:45 PM »
This morning's census

Virtue AP33 - 26+
Virtue AP1 - 15
Triumph - 4
Vigilance - 2
Liberty -  1 (me, tho chat evidence of more)
Defiant - 1 (me)
Pinnacle -  4
Champion - 2
Union - 1 (me, tho I see chat evidence I was joined by someone for a while)
Infinity - 4
Victory - 0
Zukunft - 0
Guardian - 6
Justice - 4
Freedom -  3
Protector - 2

comments in reply below

Too Good

• Underling
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2012, 03:57:49 PM »
@Too Good here, just dropping by to let you know I've answered the call to come back in support of the game.

I had previously uninstalled the client when the news struck.. I was simply too depressed to play anymore. I see now that if I do nothing, I let this happen. Me and the wife stood in vigil all last night in AP 33 (Apothesis and Marin Avarix). I will continue to do so unless I'm needed elsewhere.

I'm here to help in any way I can.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »
I started checking AP1 in addition to AP33. I always knew there were heroes standing vigil there, was just saving myself one extra zone load.

The numbers of people standing vigil is I think slowly trending upward. I can see some pretty clear examples of a server where one heroes resolutely standing out there for days on end is slowly drawing attention and recruiting additional people.

The raw numbers do not tell the whole story. On several of these servers, I've seen the same person standing there now for several days running, and now he's got people with him. That is one reason I created 3 more accounts and am parking them in low population servers.

Another thing that is not obvious from these numbers is how much impact even a spontaneous event on the server has on the number of people standing vigil. Any time someone calls out that they are doing a flash mob or a CC over the SaveCOH channel, I pop over to join in. Since most of my toons are now parked in AP for Vigil duty if I am not actively playing them, I always get a glance at the vigil action both on arrival and when I relog to someone else. There is ALWAYS a bigger crowd for a while after any SaveCOH event that generates a lot of chat on a server.

Oh yes, another observation worth editing in. I am seeing more and more people use some variant of the idea of putting up an explanation of what they are doing using /afk. Most of them say simply "save our City of Heroes" or something along those lines. Only a few so far are including a link, but that idea seems to be spreading, too. I need to swing by the official forums and suggest people go AFK rather than logout if they can spare the computer to do so.

Here's a link to a consolidated table of the numbers I've gathered. Will try to swing through all servers once a day and keep this updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnJyUcNZYr_EdEx2VVgtbkdDYjJUNFRWbmxTT0tZdkE#gid=0
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 04:20:19 PM by The_Hunter_JLJ »

ObsidianPhoenix76

• Lieutenant
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2012, 05:20:19 PM »
Got my character and my wife's char side by side holding vigil on Guardian!  Under the Atlas Statue next to ShadowRavenwolf, who has been there for the whole time since the announcement!

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2012, 06:31:10 PM »
Got my character and my wife's char side by side holding vigil on Guardian!  Under the Atlas Statue next to ShadowRavenwolf, who has been there for the whole time since the announcement!

My Wife "Fiery Spirit" and I (As both Drew Blue and Patri-bot at various times) have been on the City Hall Steps on Guardian for the better part of a week. These were our first 50s on our first server. Should we move over by you guys or stay where we are?

I didn't even realize there was another group on vigil, to be honest. I just signed-on the server to set us up and then moved on to do my characters on other servers. I was afraid that being so close to Ms. Liberty there would be a lot of AoE Powers taking you out of AFK. We can't check on our characters very often.

ObsidianPhoenix76

• Lieutenant
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »
We can move over by you.  It might be better as my wife's char was called a not so nice name because a person kept begging to join her team, when she was AFK.

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2012, 06:50:25 PM »
We can move over by you.  It might be better as my wife's char was called a not so nice name because a person kept begging to join her team, when she was AFK.

My wife got one invite in the 5 days we've been on 24/7 (Minus play time) and we both have gotten many "Keep it up" and "Good job!" tells. No bad tells at all, but I think someone might have pushed me (As Drew) off the ledge at some point during the night, because I was in the middle of the stairs the next morning.

I put us off to the side by the Eternal Fire for the same reason I mentioned for not being too close to Ms. Liberty, fear of AoE buffs as people exit City Hall.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2012, 06:50:39 PM »
Finished rebuilding my laptop, new thermal paste (arctic silver) so hoping it won't overheat and crash anymore.

Lord Apollon is back!

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2012, 06:51:05 PM »
I will start doing this shortly, every day until the end.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2012, 06:55:14 PM »
My wife got one invite in the 5 days we've been on 24/7 (Minus play time) and we both have gotten many "Keep it up" and "Good job!" tells. No bad tells at all, but I think someone might have pushed me (As Drew) off the ledge at some point during the night, because I was in the middle of the stairs the next morning.

I put us off to the side by the Eternal Fire for the same reason I mentioned for not being too close to Ms. Liberty, fear of AoE buffs as people exit City Hall.

I got knocked off the ledge near the stairs because I wanted the fire pit between me and the ice armor buffs. But in my case, it was pink imps who were running laps around the city hall trying to get back to their owner who was flying above everything... also trying to stay away from the ice armor buffs.

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2012, 02:10:33 AM »
Are the villains haveing a spot to Vigil?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2012, 02:33:31 AM »
Are the villains haveing a spot to Vigil?

Other than AP I would say the most visible spot to Vigil would be Pocket D
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido