Author Topic: Out of touch  (Read 1686 times)

hurple

• Elite Boss
Out of touch
« on: April 01, 2013, 04:40:22 AM »
So, I've been out of touch, without a computer, since Feb 22 when my wife called me at work with the words, "I think our house is on fire."

It was.  It was a total loss.

We're just now getting back up on our feet enough to be getting back online.  To be honest, I don't have the time to go through the boards and see what's been happening in regards to the game, or the new games.

Can someone give an update to get me current again?

Arnabas

• Minion
Re: Out of touch
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 05:06:04 AM »
Sorry to hear about the loss of your home...

I'd try to update you, but I have been away myself.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 03:37:53 PM »
Oh my.  That's horrible news, hurple.  I am hoping to hear that nobody was hurt, yes?  I am sorry to hear this.  I hope you were insured and things will be getting better for you soon.

Update is no real updates.  You can catch up on HaV and Missing Worlds in their updates here and on their webpages.  No news on the CoH front to speak of, except NCSoft is laying off more NCSoft West people, but is still not letting CoH go...yet.

/The day will come.  I have no doubt.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 03:41:52 PM »
No news on the CoH front to speak of

Except for Jack Emmert bluntly offering to negotiate CoH's sale, publicly, in the middle of PAX East...

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 11:14:06 PM »
I've been out of touch, too. But missed the people here so I returned.
Sorry about Hurple and a few others with tragedies.
Hugs are all I can offer. :'(

This Jack Emmert thing sounds interesting. We can only hope.

I read some comic books on Devient art website.Captain Electric, Goldengirl etc
very nice CoH comicbook tribute. ;D

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 03:16:06 AM »
When I wrote that, I didn't know that Jack part yet, it was a couple of tabs to the right, and not yet been read by me.  So yeah, that.  :)

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 04:57:44 AM »
Oh my.  That's horrible news, hurple.  I am hoping to hear that nobody was hurt, yes?  I am sorry to hear this.  I hope you were insured and things will be getting better for you soon.

Update is no real updates.  You can catch up on HaV and Missing Worlds in their updates here and on their webpages.  No news on the CoH front to speak of, except NCSoft is laying off more NCSoft West people, but is still not letting CoH go...yet.

/The day will come.  I have no doubt.

Yes, I should have been specific that nobody was hurt.  My wife, though, was lucky to get out.  She had no idea anything was wrong until one of my daughters visited from college and saw smoke when she went upstairs in the house.  She went down, told my wife, and my wife immediately had her get the pets out (a guinea pig and a turtle) and then she called 911.  As they left the house... something major happened.  They say it was "an explosion" but there was no evidence of that happening.  More likely it was the floors collapsing or the fire reaching a gas line or some such... The only thing lost was *stuff* and we lost ALL our stuff.  I lost my Dr Who collection which I had amassed over 35 years and a 3,000+ CD collection.  She lost her Monkees memorabilia collection and all her keepsakes. 

But, at least all the "heartbeats" got out. 

Plus, luckily, we were overinsured.  My wife picked the policy, and at the time I was a bit upset she picked such a high-priced one... I'm not anymore.   :P  Now, we just have to get on our feet and navigate all the red tape (and find a contractor who understands the concept of "you work *for* me" instead of "do your own thing and hope we like it" which is proving to be harder than I thought it would.

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 03:53:19 PM »
I'm really glad to hear everyone is all right! (It sounds like a scary close call.) And it sounds like your insurance will be able to recover most of the damages (eventually... and probably with a lot of whining... insurance never seems to like actually having to give money out...) Will you be able to get most of your items back? And with your collections, were those under the insurance policy as well?

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 07:15:11 AM »
  She lost her Monkees memorabilia collection and all her keepsakes. 

Sorry to hear about the fire,

Damn....let your wfie know, as a Monkees fan, I feel for her.  I am glad everyone was okay...THAT was the important part
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne