Author Topic: City of Heroes Community Team for Extra Life 2013  (Read 4457 times)

Maressa

• Boss
City of Heroes Community Team for Extra Life 2013
« on: July 02, 2013, 03:00:25 PM »
Hi all! Extra Life 2013 is just around the corner, terrifying to think of November as that close but it really is. That means it is time to start organizing for this year's 24 hour gaming marathon for charity called Extra Life. Last year 49 of us, with the help of the community raised nearly $10,000 for Children's Hospitals around the world. We hope to make this year even bigger than last. Though we may not have City of Heroes to play in anymore and many of us have spread throughout the MMOsphere we are all still one big family. We will be arranging a chat room for players to come together in as well as helping coordinate people who will be playing the same games so no one has to be alone. Right now we're just getting people registered for the team but more will be coming in the short future. So please, if you'd like to take part sign up using the link below, join the City of Heroes Community Team and spread the word to all your friends!

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=10979

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:06:58 PM by Maressa »

Cryair the Twiceborn

• Underling
Re: City of Heroes Community Team for Extra Life 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 12:47:33 AM »
Thanks, Maressa. I got your e-mail today. This is wonderful.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 01:36:25 AM »
I'm a little fuzzy on how this works - I'll donate $50, but not an entire weekend of my time - the former I can afford, the latter I cannot (I'm working 7 days a week at present).

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 03:20:59 AM »
You can donate to the City team, or you can be a marathoner for the City team - or you can do both.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 05:17:17 AM »
I'll go have another look at it again later - when I was signing up, it seemed like I only had the option of doing the gaming all night long, so I halted before completing registration.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 05:25:43 AM »
I'll go have another look at it again later - when I was signing up, it seemed like I only had the option of doing the gaming all night long, so I halted before completing registration.
You don't have to join the team to donate. Click on one of the listed names and donate to them. That will bump their donation amount AND the amount of the City team.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 12:34:16 PM »
Wouldn't it be a dream for ncsoft to look at this and restore the game as a game for the former devs to play again? And us too ofcourse. They could jump on this as a way of "helping charity" while at the same time improving the company image.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 04:37:40 PM »
I think it's pretty safe to assume at this point that NCSoft cares absolutely not one bit about their company image, so I'd say not even the tiniest chance of that happening.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 06:28:03 PM »
What game are we going to marathon play?

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 01:57:59 PM »
What game are we going to marathon play?

We aren't going to play any one game. So many of us spread out so far across the internet, getting everyone in one place would just be difficult. Instead we'll be organizing a chat room for people to talk to eachother in as well as making sure we know who is playing what so people can team up!

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 03:49:05 PM »
Ok. Sure do wish it were City of Heroes!

Thanks!

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 06:14:45 AM »
I participated for the full 24 hours last year, and this year i'll probably be doing it on FF14 ARR.
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 10:20:12 AM »
Woo, we're doing amazingly well so far! We have 12 people on our team so far and have already raised $200! And we are still months away from the event and the big fundraiser push. I've put together a spreadsheet to help with coordination. I know it may still be a bit early on for some of the information. It is for me even. But I wanted to get the ball rolling and help people start coming together for the big day. So, put in what you can. I'll also send this out as an email for the team to catch the people who may not come on Titan much. Please keep helping me spread the word about the event. Anyone is welcome to join us. Can't wait until the big day

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiEOZz_qY_Q5dGtSYWpVRFRlQ1k4QlNvS29aRGdPS1E&usp=sharing

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 05:51:02 AM »
I'll do this if I can. I did it last year, but it falls during the GOTV campaign for our county and we have an issue on the ballot that we need to turn out the vote for. I'll know more closer to the event.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »
I did this last year, in CoH with a few people who signed up for this, and I even had the honor of playing with Ascendant for most of the 24-hour run, on alts of course. So, I would LOVE to do this again, Don't know which game(s) I will be playing so I'd like to coordinate and organize ASAP.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »
Hi again folks!

We are just one month away from the big event. So far the City of Heroes community has already raised $560 before the real fundraising drive has even begun. We have 18 team members from all across the globe and are always open to more. So if you're up for gaming for 25 hours straight in the name of charity we would love to have you.

If you can't dedicate that much time, but still want to contribute you can donate to any of our 18 team members and help them reach their fundraising goal for the year.

I'm also happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you for all your help and I hope I see you on the day!

http://www.extra-life.org/team/CityofHeroes

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 10:43:47 PM »
I'll try this again..I posted 2 spots above about joining the team for this and coordinating, etc..but no one got in touch with me.  :'(

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 02:28:06 PM »
http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=52134

I'm playing MechWarrior Online for my game.

And yes I'm part of team COH