Author Topic: Coh 2.0  (Read 2017 times)

metallica127

• Underling
Coh 2.0
« on: October 26, 2015, 09:54:07 PM »
it is possible to have city of heroes 2.0?

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
Re: Coh 2.0
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 10:15:45 PM »
If Nate and crew secure the intellectual property rights (referred to all over the forums her as simply IP), they intend to license the IP to all other "successor" groups, in which case a CoH2 could be created and share some of the characters and story lines from the original, and may also include the ability to import your characters (or their likenesses) from the old game to the new.

If the IP cannot be bought (or licensed) from NCSoft, then there will be no CoH2 (per se), but there are several "spiritual successor" projects (look under Plan Z in the forums), which intend to create something which embodies the general qualities without needing intellectual property rights. Personally, I'd get TONS of mileage out of the existing game if it can somehow be resurrected. There were so many power combinations I never tried, and lots of content I would gladly experience many more times (some I haven't seen at all yet).

We all liked CoH for a combination of different reasons, and there's no saying that any of the successor projects, or even CoH2 would appeal in all the same ways. We'll see! Valiance Online is about to go Alpha, and City of Titans is chugging along nicely, so there is some kind of hope either way.

microc

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 02:38:01 AM »
also a lot of the newer game engines have been made to help people make or upgrade older games into the newer engines. the easer it is to drop art and code from older game into new engine the less cost it is. time is money.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 02:17:56 AM »
I'm seriously starting to think CoH 2.0 will come into being when AI/expert systems are so sophisticated that they can generate fully-functional games from the kind of documentation available in Paragon Wiki
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"