Author Topic: I went to Disney World  (Read 13809 times)

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
Re: I went to Disney World
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 05:06:05 PM »
There's no secrecy, subtlety, or sneaking around in Walt Disney World. Your best bet is to assume you're on camera (and possibly microphone) at every moment, except in your hotel room & in the park bathrooms... and the only reason I'm assuming those places aren't fitted with cameras is because no disgruntled ex-employees have come forward to reveal it & cause the company a major PR nightmare.

"Have a great day in Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom! If you don't... Mickey will know!"

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 03:54:44 AM »
That would be against the law "Defacing Private Property" and "Vandalism" not really something that would be good for our cause.

"Oh, now, I'm just a 14 year old, I didn't know that would be a bad thing, I just thought it'd be a cool thing and show some love for my favorite game, 'cause, y'know, #SaveCOH, Disney, please?!" and all that there like that for a while or two when the cops pick me up.

/Although, I seriously don't think I'll pass for 14 these days... Hm.
//It'd be those non-defacing stickers that could be peeled right off... and then a new set stuck right back on.  Over and over.  No harm, just... prankfun.
///But yes, if it's negatively lighting things, I retract the idea.  But you know it's good except for that whole 'legal' and 'vandalize' thing....

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 03:58:50 AM »
A shop job wouldn't hurt, though. Hero logo over the blue arrow and villain over red?

Superimpose a couple of toons, walking to their respective lots?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 04:25:02 AM »
]

Now that I like!
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 05:09:56 PM »
There's no secrecy, subtlety, or sneaking around in Walt Disney World. Your best bet is to assume you're on camera (and possibly microphone) at every moment, except in your hotel room & in the park bathrooms... and the only reason I'm assuming those places aren't fitted with cameras is because no disgruntled ex-employees have come forward to reveal it & cause the company a major PR nightmare.

"Have a great day in Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom! If you don't... Mickey will know!"

mickey knows all, and mickey was expecting me.

I went to get on big thnder mountain with my GF there was a 210 minute wait, and someone randomly chose me and my GF to give s thier spare fast pass tickets, same thing happened on exploration everest. we rode 2 coasters without having to wait in line.

as I said, mickey was expecting me and I must say I am pleased with his hospitality. long live the mouse!.

I'm actually rather glad the whole place is on camera, I lost my debit card while there and the park workers found it and kept it for me when I came back the next day.

That would be against the law "Defacing Private Property" and "Vandalism" not really something that would be good for our cause.

not quite actually, seeing as it would only be an easily removable peice of paper, even if a guard saw you do it they'd only give you a slap on the wrist and say enjoy your day.

now if it were spraypainted on thats a different story.

thing is it really wouldn't do that much good, the executives almost never visit those parking lots, and the customers wouldn't know what to make of it. and the cleanign crew would take it down and throw it out eventually without any higher ups even seeing it.

you want the higher ups to see it? take a picture like the one above and shop the hero and villain symbols onto it and send it to the disney executives.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 08:57:05 PM »
I'm actually rather glad the whole place is on camera, I lost my debit card while there and the park workers found it and kept it for me when I came back the next day.

It is actually meant in the interest of public safety. There's FAR more security in Disney parks than people realize... these guys, as usual, know what they're doin'. There isn't really an Orwellian angle to it (although in the Eisner days, I wouldn't have been so certain).

And I'm sure they appreciate the protection from liability it offers them. I notice there haven't been so many "Goofy kicked my kid" lawsuits lately.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 09:06:05 PM »
Mickey, Tony Stark, and Scrooge McDuck parting ways with Pete, the Kingpin, and David Xanatos after discussing a merger of certain interests pertinent to both hero and villain alike?

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 09:16:31 PM »
Mickey, Tony Stark, and Scrooge McDuck parting ways with Pete, the Kingpin, and David Xanatos after discussing a merger of certain interests pertinent to both hero and villain alike?

I was thinking of the in-game variety of toon.

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 09:27:54 PM »
It is actually meant in the interest of public safety. There's FAR more security in Disney parks than people realize... these guys, as usual, know what they're doin'. There isn't really an Orwellian angle to it (although in the Eisner days, I wouldn't have been so certain).

And I'm sure they appreciate the protection from liability it offers them. I notice there haven't been so many "Goofy kicked my kid" lawsuits lately.

True story:  I visited the park for the first time back when I was in high school.  Yes, it existed back that long ago.  I was there with an adult supervised group of high school kids.  Needless to say, the oversight pretty much only extended to "outside of the park." 

Being the smart a** that I am, I decided that it'd be HILARIOUS to get pictures doing stupid things with the guys in the costumes.  Now, I'm not a mean person.  The type of things I'm talking about were stupid poses, etc.  And I convinced two good friends to go along with it.

We were there for about three days total, and it POURED the first two days.  The costumed folks weren't out.  It rained the morning of our last day in the park, and then the skys parted around lunch, and suddenly...COSTUMES!

The first one we spotted was the big bad wolf.  "He" had his back to us and was talking to two teenage girls. (stereotype much?)

I shoved the camera into friend #1's hand, and friend #2 and I bolted towards him.  "Dude!  Dude!  Wait up!" we were yelling... or something along those lines.  The wolf didn't really register that we were shouting at him until we got right near him.  And he turned.... right as I entered the turning radius of his nose.

And the snout on the costume clocked me right on the head.  Snouts hurt more than you think.

The guy in the costume was all over himself apologizing, etc.  We thought it was funny and didn't give it a second thought.  The only thing hurt, really, was my pride, and as a teen boy, I didn't have much of that to begin with.  We got the stupid pictures and went on our way.

It never occured to me until later that things could've been bad for the guy in the suit...

Beware the mighty faceplant!

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 09:39:09 PM »
I shoved the camera into friend #1's hand, and friend #2 and I bolted towards him.  "Dude!  Dude!  Wait up!" we were yelling... or something along those lines.  The wolf didn't really register that we were shouting at him until we got right near him.  And he turned.... right as I entered the turning radius of his nose.

And the snout on the costume clocked me right on the head.  Snouts hurt more than you think.

The guy in the costume was all over himself apologizing, etc.  We thought it was funny and didn't give it a second thought.  The only thing hurt, really, was my pride, and as a teen boy, I didn't have much of that to begin with.  We got the stupid pictures and went on our way.

It never occured to me until later that things could've been bad for the guy in the suit...

That's gotta put the guy in a paradoxical mental loop too. Because to be in a full "furry" costume there, the moment you open your mouth, you've gone out-of-character, which is a major no-no. But on the other hand, it'd be completely rude to not apologize, and potentially get you in bigger trouble later.

CrimsonCapacitor

• Boss
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 03:23:32 AM »
I've always wondered...

Just how bad did that head smell inside after a hot day outdoors?   :o

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 08:05:42 AM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 01:29:57 PM »
Even if this has nothing to do with us, it will still help us.

It shows that 'Heroes and Villains' as a concept is currently very popular, and thus has a great deal of marketing potential.

What we have to do is link that potential to the idea of re-starting our game, and find someone who is willing to give us a chance. Easier said than done, but we're heroes; this is what we do.

I'd say that's always been the case; whether it's movies, novels, or even myths - no light without darkness and all of that.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 04:50:53 PM »
I'd say that's always been the case; whether it's movies, novels, or even myths - no light without darkness and all of that.

True, but due to various Hollywood successes, there seems to be a bit of a spotlight on the super-powered right now.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 07:57:45 PM »

how about Mickey putting on a costume with the camera from behind, it turns around as the mask is about to go on and bam! Statesman Mickey!
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 05:33:29 PM »
Statesmickey?

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 02:24:04 AM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

CrimsonCapacitor

• Boss
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 04:17:07 AM »

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 04:29:24 AM »
*unless you pull his finger*

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 08:57:29 AM »
this thread went from "generic response" to "awesome" in <3 pages, +1 interwebz for everyone!