Author Topic: NCSoft Stockwatch  (Read 727281 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: NCSoft Stockwatch
« Reply #1600 on: February 06, 2013, 05:13:44 AM »
They'd probably take Lineage 2 out of the western market like they did the first one, if anything. Or cancel B&S coming here or something.

Lineage 2 actual has a larger percentage of sales outside of Korea.  And they are still saying just wait until B&S goes worldwide and Wildstar comes out.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Kosmos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1601 on: February 06, 2013, 05:18:44 AM »
Back when Aion came out, NCsoft became the new hot girl all the guys wanted to hook up with and now it looks like word got out that she's psycho ex-girlfriend material and everyone to trying to flee.

LOL. Great analogy.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1602 on: February 06, 2013, 05:22:25 AM »
They'd better be thinking about the best way to GTFO. I would be, anyways.

Carbine is probably next on the chopping block, then I WOULD NOT BE AT ALL SURPRISED to see another of NCSoft's older games get the axe. Which one? Dunno, but profitability alone will not save it. If they want it gone its gone, and be damned to the money. We dont need money, and dont ask why we're closing! Let's just only remember the good things, shall we?

What a bunch of dyed-in-the-wool geniuses. LOL!

Here's the problem with Carbine, NCsoft is telling investors that Wildstar will be their next big hit coming out of the west.  See GW2, just wait for Wildstar.  NCsoft had been hyping GW2 and B&S for the past four plus years.  They have no other MMO in development other than Wildstar and Lineage Eternal (video).  It's not going to look good if they axe Wildstar after hyping it as much as they have.

Edit: And what's so special around noon everyday in Korea.  Both yesterday and today large sell orders were executed around that time.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:29:09 AM by FatherXmas »

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1603 on: February 06, 2013, 05:59:28 AM »
Let's not order those party supplies just yet. They appear to have stabilized.

Heh! Xmas is cackling and I'm the one advising caution. Times change.

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #1604 on: February 06, 2013, 06:07:38 AM »
It's not going to look good if they axe Wildstar after hyping it as much as they have.

What hype? Aside from the occasional gaming site article and slapping one of the characters on their English facebook banner I've seen little "hype" for Wildstar.
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #1605 on: February 06, 2013, 06:09:10 AM »
i actually havent heard anything about wildstar since its first introduction announcement and everyone on the old coh forums was discussing it lol

hell if it werent for the coh forums i wouldnt even know wildstar existed lol

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #1606 on: February 06, 2013, 06:10:10 AM »
What hype? Aside from the occasional gaming site article and slapping one of the characters on their English facebook banner I've seen little "hype" for Wildstar.

Knowing NCsoft and their tendency towards certain fashion styles, it's probably been renamed 'Stars Gone Wild'.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1607 on: February 06, 2013, 06:23:55 AM »
Knowing NCsoft and their tendency towards certain fashion styles, it's probably been renamed 'Stars Gone Wild'.

BAAAZINNGGG.  That literally made me laugh out loud sir.

I also haven't heard much hype on Wildstar.  I imagine though, they hype it up a lot more to investors quite awhile before they start hyping it up to customers.  I'm not speaking from a professional stand point though so I have no idea.  Is Wildstar suppose to be the next big western market release or is it more anticipated and hyped in Korea?

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #1608 on: February 06, 2013, 07:05:53 AM »
I hope for the sake of Carbine that our efforts are causing NC Soft to hold back a bit and decide how to proceed with Wildstar.  If they monitize it, the West will balk.  They do not want another community to stir the pot with us.  On the other hand, they may be trying to find a way to monitize it in such a way as to not offend those of us out "there" in the West.  Either way, I think that anything new from them is going to planned a bit more carefully to avoid this situation. 

It's just a hope on my part, for those still willing to purchase NC Soft products, that we have had an effect on their business model that seemed to be "Take what we give you and deal with it when we take it away."
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #1609 on: February 06, 2013, 07:16:10 AM »
After seeing their continuous stock plunge, my first thought was:

"Wow, NCsoft, you really need a hero right about now... too bad you killed all of ours..."

Second thought was:

"Huh, guess they were mad that we actually made COMPETENT villains..."

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:25:04 AM by Samuraiko »
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #1610 on: February 06, 2013, 07:23:08 AM »
I must be tired, other good pithy comments going through my head include:

"Apparently NCsoft's idea for designing a flagship game is to model it after the Titanic. It looks gorgeous, cost a fortune, it can't possibly fail..."

leading to...

NCsoft: "But this game can't sink!"
Gamer crowd: "It's made of crap, sirs, we assure you, it can."

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1611 on: February 06, 2013, 07:58:48 AM »
Back when Aion came out, NCsoft became the new hot girl all the guys wanted to hook up with and now it looks like word got out that she's psycho ex-girlfriend material and everyone to trying to flee.
LMAO!  I'm sorely tempted to put that on a t-shirt... :)

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #1612 on: February 06, 2013, 08:06:46 AM »
Even if worse case for them and they go into bankruptcy and COX IP is sold it doesnt mean it will be revived.

Ubisoft (one of my most loathed companies ever) bought the Might and Magic IP soley to sell Heroes games. Five was okay (better than 4, not as good as 3, whatever, nothing is! :) ) and 6 is an insult in every way.

So the main RPG line is dead in the water. While 9 may have been an unfinished pile of bugs (as I hear it you cant beat the game, I never owned it as a kid and while I own it on GoG now I'm nervous to try if I can get hours in and not win :/) I loved 6, 7, and 8. There aren't really games like those anymore. There probably never will be, since 6 was barely even a heroes game.

So this is a very real problem with game IP. To me, it seems dumb to hold onto something people want to buy, and not use it, but this is a very common practice.

Ugh. Reality is nothing like my super hero videogame.

That reality took away. Grr. :/
Woo! - Argent Girl

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1613 on: February 06, 2013, 09:06:56 AM »

They have been hyping it to their investors.  Once you do that you're committed because dropping it after that is the opposite of instilling confidence about future products.

And you've never been to Carbine's site have you.  Developer blogs, feature videos, "friends" and family alpha testing, as well as getting articles posted about the game at least once a week at Massively.  Read this thread about Wildstar.  2nd post is interesting.

Edit: Link fixed
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:09:54 PM by FatherXmas »

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #1614 on: February 06, 2013, 03:41:52 PM »

HarvesterOfEyes

• Lieutenant
  • Mine is to collect from the wicked.
« Reply #1615 on: February 06, 2013, 03:46:17 PM »
Um...

Yeah that's pretty damning. I hope for the sake of the shareholders that they aren't buying it.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1616 on: February 06, 2013, 04:29:27 PM »
The link seems to be broken.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1617 on: February 06, 2013, 05:10:19 PM »
Fixed now.  Helps to actually paste it in.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1618 on: February 06, 2013, 06:10:40 PM »
Here's the problem with Carbine, NCsoft is telling investors that Wildstar will be their next big hit coming out of the west.  See GW2, just wait for Wildstar.  NCsoft had been hyping GW2 and B&S for the past four plus years.  They have no other MMO in development other than Wildstar and Lineage Eternal (video).  It's not going to look good if they axe Wildstar after hyping it as much as they have.

This is predicated on the idea that this company behaves logically. Seems to me that logic has little to do with their decisions. As such, literally anything is possible - and really, the more insane it is, the likelier it seems.

Hence if I were working for Carbine I would be extremely nervous.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1619 on: February 06, 2013, 06:11:57 PM »
Fixed now.  Helps to actually paste it in.

Link shows over here as "http:///" and that is all there is.