Author Topic: The Mob You Hated  (Read 10598 times)

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
Re: The Mob You Hated
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2014, 12:20:36 PM »
Didn't much like the following;

Avalanche Shaman (BP)
Agony Mage (CoT)
Devouring Earth

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2014, 03:05:31 AM »
The first time I saw an acracnobot I nearly had a movement in my pants.
And it was in a cave with those cob webs and everything.
And the stupid thing was charging me.

Killed it though.

It seems that certain enemy groups were worse for different AT's.
Tanks hated sappers.
Blasters hated mezzers.
I hated them all.
That's why I killed them, well that and for the babes.
Later.

Myrmydon

• Minion
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 03:11:49 AM »
Longbow. They started on Redside around level 12 and were so prevalent that I just got sick of seeing them.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2014, 04:12:52 AM »
Yeah the Longbow were blue side too.  And I got sick of them, but because they stood around and got press while I was out there risking life and limb.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 01:29:41 PM »
Malta.

Frak. Those. Guys.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2014, 08:09:54 PM »
I hated the fire imps. Cave after cave of them... Millions of imps waiting for you. I hated how they fell after only a few points of damage giving level after level in minutes or seconds.

I hated having to level up so often during that mission.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2014, 09:16:01 PM »
I hated the fire imps. Cave after cave of them... Millions of imps waiting for you. I hated how they fell after only a few points of damage giving level after level in minutes or seconds.

I hated having to level up so often during that mission.
forgive me but I do not remember any missions with fire imps, I have seen missions with demons but not fire imps. please tell me the mission with these this has got me curious.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2014, 09:26:48 PM »
It was an infamous AE mission that was used to PL characters from 1-50 in something like 2 hrs. Waaay faster than the PL missions that followed in AE.

It lasted for a week or so and then the Devs brought the hammer down... including some week long bans from the game. 
I got a good 8-10 characters some serious PL lovin in a single weekend, but since I stopped short of level 50 on all of them I never got the ban.

So, it's not so much I hated the imps, just that I felt bad about it. :)
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2014, 01:19:10 PM »
Shadow Cyst Crystals ...and Void Slayers
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

DocHornet

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2014, 01:52:32 PM »

Yes, Shadow Cyst Crystals. Hated them because of the bad decision-making that led to putting them into the game in the first place:

"Hey! Let's give Khelds their own version of Kryptonite but so in a way that penalizes teams that invite a Kheld to join them (and continues to annoy them hours after the Kheld leaves the team)."

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2014, 07:08:46 PM »
Has anyone said CoT ghosts, yet?

Hated their -to hit and then going invis and flying away before you could finish them off.  You'd then end up scouring a map clean before realizing the mission won't end because one of the runners had vanished.

Hyper Ai

• Underling
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2014, 02:03:10 AM »
Caves. They weren't technically a enemy group but they sure did kick my butt at times.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2014, 06:18:42 AM »
Caves. They weren't technically a enemy group but they sure did kick my butt at times.
Which kind of cave?
Council Caves,
Five-layer cakes,
Gray Hallows type.
For me by far were the 5-layer cakes.  Try one of them at level 12, pretty i23 when flying waited for level 14 and the jet pack just ran out of fuel.
Now, there's a fun afternoon.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2014, 07:45:34 AM »
It was an infamous AE mission that was used to PL characters from 1-50 in something like 2 hrs. Waaay faster than the PL missions that followed in AE.

It lasted for a week or so and then the Devs brought the hammer down... including some week long bans from the game. 
I got a good 8-10 characters some serious PL lovin in a single weekend, but since I stopped short of level 50 on all of them I never got the ban.

So, it's not so much I hated the imps, just that I felt bad about it. :)

I used this on the double XP weekend to level my Elec/Shield Scrapper to 1-50 in about 2 hours and they didn't ban me for it.  It was probably just the people who made the missions.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2014, 05:58:34 PM »
I used this on the double XP weekend to level my Elec/Shield Scrapper to 1-50 in about 2 hours and they didn't ban me for it.  It was probably just the people who made the missions.

They did some database mining to determine who got the ban. I had a few SG mates who got the boot for about a week.

I'm starting to remember this a bit better. There were several of these farms that cropped up over a week or two. The devs closed some down only to see others create clones of them.

I think you were right about when it took place though. I forgot the dbl exp weekend. The farm may have been up less than I thought.

Honestly it might have been altitus that saved me. I did as much PLing as they did that weekend (maybe not quite), but spread over like 8 or 9 different chars.

But man it was a blast to see a new character have three or four sets of level buffs on him at the same time. :)
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Byakuya523

• Underling
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2014, 12:19:16 AM »
Malta (sappers)
CoT (D.A ones)
Tsoo (D.A ones)
Nemesis
Rikti
Vahzilok
Nahar 50 Energy/Energy Blaster
DraconicSins 50 Fire/Fire Tank
Chaotic Princess 50 Robotics/Thermal Radiation MM
Kugari 50 Titan Weapon/Super Reflex Brute

Dal

• Minion
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2014, 12:33:17 AM »
Freakshow... I f'ing hated Freakshow... particularly lieutenant and higher, because you'd turn your back on them and they'd respawn on your ass while you were recovering.  I was no great fan of either version of the clockwork for all their stupid electric holds/end drains.
And those electricity moves were really annoying on endurance-heavy characters.

Has anyone said CoT ghosts, yet?

Hated their -to hit and then going invis and flying away before you could finish them off.  You'd then end up scouring a map clean before realizing the mission won't end because one of the runners had vanished.
YES, the ghosts were a real pain too, especially on my Dark Melee scrapper, since most of my attacks were pretty much useless.

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2014, 12:46:28 AM »
I forgot about those damned crystals.  when they first intro'd them.  talk about a slaughter.
No Surrender!

Fridgy Daiere

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2014, 06:30:24 PM »
Ghouls.  And ghouls.  Did I mention ghouls?
I don't think I ever played Praetoria after the balance changes the devs made because I was still so angry at the pancaking ghouls...

Power Arc X

• Minion
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2014, 07:32:44 PM »
I always hated the DE. All of those pet buffs/debuts going on. As soon as you get rid of one they would drop another pet.