Author Topic: What will you do different?  (Read 14408 times)

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
What will you do different?
« on: July 08, 2014, 05:40:27 PM »
I know that we will all do the things we love to do, but what about something that you missed or always wanted to try?

I would love to finish the rest of the incarnate arcs. I last i did was Keyes. I didn't feel I brought enough to the team and no one really seemed to want to clue me in.

But mainly, I'd like to try roleplaying a character on whatever the RPG servers ends up being.

What About You?
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
Re: What will you do different?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 05:42:45 PM »
I know that we will all do the things we love to do, but what about something that you missed or always wanted to try?

I would love to finish the rest of the incarnate arcs. I last i did was Keyes. I didn't feel I brought enough to the team and no one really seemed to want to clue me in.

But mainly, I'd like to try roleplaying a character on whatever the RPG servers ends up being.

What About You?

Spend more time on teams. I solo'd way too much and had much more fun when teaming.
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Fridgy Daiere

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 06:33:22 PM »
LOL, I'd like to solo more; I spent way too much time being dragged around by Happ.  He liked to speed through things and I didn't get to read through all of the stories.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 06:38:27 PM »
I soloed a lot, too, mostly because I work at home and I'd grab a little time to play through a mish or something.  Definitely going to try and team more in the evenings.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 06:44:12 PM »
I might actually dabble in Inventions. Most of my characters ran on SOs or generics I built with my main (who had the memorize badges so crafting generics was moderately cheap). Hell, my main (emp/archery/power defender) still wore all her pre-Hami-revamp HOs up to the day of shutdown - I'm not sure I ever respec'd her out of pool-power Stamina (lol!). She only had a couple procs, and I had replaced her SOs with generic 50s.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Dinah Might

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 06:56:20 PM »
I'm going to try to do something else besides tanking or smashing.

Dinah Might

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 07:07:01 PM »
I'll also RULE the AE system.  I plan to do lots of stories.

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 07:15:48 PM »
Not re-level my ill-rad controller and just focus on my scrappers I am going to rebuild and may make different versions of them if we have to start over.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 07:38:41 PM »
I'd probably reroll most of my melee alts to use something other than Super Reflexes. When I first learned how Defense worked compare to Damage Resistance, I thought I'd found some sort of magic formula, and rerolled all my melees into SR. Later I learned that SR had a great big hole in its protection called "enemies who can debuff your defense." And since SR really only has defense, and nothing else to back it up, that's just setting yourself up to be really weak against certain enemies.

So yeah. Given a clean slate or a chance to reroll, I'd use a lot less SR. Maybe give Willpower a try instead. That seems pretty solid from what I've been seeing of it in Mids.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 07:45:16 PM »
Your SR information is out of date! SR's defense debuff hole was filled with defense debuff resistance. IIRC, SR has the highest amount of DDR in any set (something like 90%?), to the point that they can basically shrug off defense debuffs.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 07:49:34 PM »
DDR or DDR?

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 07:50:29 PM »
I'd probably reroll most of my melee alts to use something other than Super Reflexes. When I first learned how Defense worked compare to Damage Resistance, I thought I'd found some sort of magic formula, and rerolled all my melees into SR. Later I learned that SR had a great big hole in its protection called "enemies who can debuff your defense." And since SR really only has defense, and nothing else to back it up, that's just setting yourself up to be really weak against certain enemies.

So yeah. Given a clean slate or a chance to reroll, I'd use a lot less SR. Maybe give Willpower a try instead. That seems pretty solid from what I've been seeing of it in Mids.

Super reflexes had the highest debuff resistance of all the defense based builds and was the easiest to softcap and go over the number for extra protection ; Willpower is a hole regen debuff  I mean we can go on a dissertation for hours over all the holes on builds. I had 2 lvl 50 /sr Scrappers dm/sr and Katana/sr I also had fire/sd; db/ea all capped defense. In truth layering as much def, regen; resistance and health is always the way to go.

What you find with WP,EA, Inv, Bio armor and shield as a scrapper that will make you hate SR,DA, Fire,Reg,Elec is no taunt aura once you get a maxed out scrapper with a taunt aura you will hate all the sub groups with out the taunt aura makes a scraper want to shed a single tear in frustration.

Just an fyi on the debuff

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 07:50:37 PM »
Your SR information is out of date! SR's defense debuff hole was filled with defense debuff resistance. IIRC, SR has the highest amount of DDR in any set (something like 90%?), to the point that they can basically shrug off defense debuffs.

Correct, it muight even have been 95%, cimerorans were taking like .5% each off me, which given that I had about 60% was not worrying.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 07:52:07 PM »
DDR or DDR?

Neither, the old east Germany, Deutsche Demokratische Republik

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 08:03:53 PM »
Huh, well I'll be. The last time I looked into it, I remember hearing talk of "cascading defense failure" and thought, "well bugger." Maybe that was only when dealing with incarnate stuff? I never did get into that much, so maybe that's where the confusion came from.

Well hey, that's great then! I'd still branch out and try other stuff I think, but I guess I wouldn't kick SR to the curb right away. Thanks for the info guys! :D

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 08:05:17 PM »
Correct, it muight even have been 95%, cimerorans were taking like .5% each off me, which given that I had about 60% was not worrying.

That is correct /sr was 95% which is why on my shield in itf's my shield charge would save me because are DR was much lower and after the HO nerf/slash 10 year after the fact fix we took another hit. Brutes and tanks had it nice with the taunt auras the scrapper forum was begging for the taunt auras in our builds that brutes and tankers got in /sr and /da  ;D

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 08:29:25 PM »
Cut down on alts. I had SO many after 8 years and only really bothered to play 3 or 4 the last few years.

This way I can concentrate on getting 4 50's instead of having 24 level 20's or so.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 08:32:49 PM »
Cut down on alts. I had SO many after 8 years and only really bothered to play 3 or 4 the last few years.

This way I can concentrate on getting 4 50's instead of having 24 level 20's or so.

I was thinking along the same lines but more like level them consistently. Because once I really started playing them I always enjoyed it. I just needed to stop getting so distracted.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 09:34:54 PM »
Slot my Tankers, Defenders, Corruptors and Controllers for damage. I always would slot up their defensive powers (armors, buffs, heals, holds) and leave their attacks minimally-slotted. This worked great for teaming, but every time I tried to solo it was an ordeal. Next time, I'm making better use of multi-builds and respecs and turning them into hitters.

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 09:44:06 PM »
Having hero/villain archetypes open from day 1 on both factions would make me rethink a lot of class and powerset choices.  My Energy/Devices Blaster would become a Water/Traps Corruptor for sure, and I've got a Bots/Traps Mastermind that is probably going to be a Beam Rifle/Elec Blaster instead.

I'd probably also try to focus on fewer, more fully leveled and geared out characters.  (but I doubt that would last for long)
green hair