Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7309532 times)

Shifter

• Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #9340 on: August 21, 2014, 01:41:47 AM »
1) Devs
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

opprime2828

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9341 on: August 21, 2014, 01:58:51 AM »
I second just calling them DEVS.  I mean, we've gone through multiple Dev teams already. It's not like it was ever too confusing before. 

If you really want to get fancy call em NeoDevs.  And then they have to start every Dev post on the forum with "Whoah!"

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #9342 on: August 21, 2014, 02:00:58 AM »
5) Susan
4) Susan
3) Susan
2) Susan
1) Susan

Now you're doing it on purpose.  How juvenile.

"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9343 on: August 21, 2014, 02:06:47 AM »

Vote for your top 5 favorites ranking top down --  5, 4, 3, 2, 1 -- and that's how many votes each will get respectively

Voting will end next Wednesday unless the "Devs" (Lame, Iron Wolf  :P ) reveal themselves before then
Name with the most votes wins

My vote : 5 - Mysterions, 4 - Ouroborous, 3 - Resurrectors, 2 - NEMESIS,  1 - Demigods

NEMESIS

and their theme song goes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5kkcOvPW6Y

The sun shines
 And people forget
 The spray flies as the speedboat glides
 And people forget
 Forget they're hiding
 The girls smile
 And people forget
 The snow packs as the skier tracks
 And people forget
 Forget they're hiding.

Behind a NEMESIS plot
 NEMESIS plot - Ain't no put on.

Come on join the party
 Dress to kill
 Won't you come and join the party
 Dress to kill.

and for the interim, may I suggest this as our theme song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhuLhcbY_08

Who knew they were talking to us? :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:23:38 AM by Ankhammon »
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9344 on: August 21, 2014, 02:29:02 AM »
5) Susan
4) Susan
3) Susan
2) Susan
1) Susan

Dylon, Dylon, Dylon, Dylon, Dylon

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
« Reply #9345 on: August 21, 2014, 03:19:21 AM »
I like the potential 60's super spy group implications of an acronym name, but not one that takes after a term in-City, sooo:

5. Rebooters
4. Mysterions
3. Arcanatime
2. HORROR
1. RAIDER

Des_Tructive

• Lieutenant
  • SLAP!
    • Meta - Superhuman Covert Ops (german)
« Reply #9346 on: August 21, 2014, 03:19:51 AM »

Raise:
5) Lois
4) Mom
3) Mommy
2) Mama
1) Ma

But seriously, I'm all on the mom - no wait - Dev or "Devs to be" bandwagon.
CoX: @DeS Tructive
TSW: BloodyCarrie; HrFaust; TheContact

Optimus Dex

• Boss
« Reply #9347 on: August 21, 2014, 03:21:05 AM »

5. Marsha
4. Marsha
3. Marsha
2. Marsha
1. Marsha

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9348 on: August 21, 2014, 03:39:53 AM »
Heh. You know, I never could level one of those up. At shutdown I was powerleveling an Illusions Controller, because I wanted one but didn't want to deal with actual missions as a lowbie. I tried it once and it was *facepalm*. I got her to about level 24 using only that Boomtown "Defeat Battle Maiden" map when the game closed.

Most Controllers struck me as almost overpowered [Fire/emp anyone], but not Illusion. Not as a lowbie, anyways.
You simply must try Ill/Rad....does everything very well and made me (a mediocre player) feel godlike.

So if the press wants to report that "the players" are buying the game, good. That defuses and deflects attention away from those trying to pull this little miracle off, even more than now.... because "the players" is a group of people tens of thousands strong, right? Or however many were still subbed at shutdown. Picking the actual buyers out of that pool of names is not gonna be easy.

Good.  8)
Agreed.  Misdirection ftw!

One positive about the apparent lack of research for that article is that....though this is a public forum....even a website about gaming isn't that aware of what is going on and is apparently not that inclined to investigate very much.

So if it needs to stay on the quiet side....we may not have anything to worry about.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9349 on: August 21, 2014, 03:43:35 AM »
Okay,  Updated list of proposed things to call the new developers until they reveal themselves
(because it's something to talk about besides food and we should have something to call them anyway)

And we are WAY past 10 pages from the original 10 page announcement, so following this post the nominations are declared closed

FARM Fanatics Acquiring Recreational MMOs
Rebooters
Resurrectors

Doc Quantum and His Quantumeers
Arcanatime
The Cottage Rulers
Susan
DEFENDER Dedicated Enthusiasts Financially Enabled to Negotiate Deals for Environmental Resurrection
Ouroborous Studio
BRUTE Bold Revivalists Undertaking Taxing Efforts
HEAT Honorable Entrepreneurs Attempting Transfer
VEAT Valiant Efforts Arranging Transfer
HORROR Host Of Remarkable Reprobates Organizing Revival
FRUITSALAD Friends Renegotiating Unexpectedly Inspiring Talks Shall Acquire Long Anticipated Desire
KHELD Kindly Heroes Enabling Life to a Discontiuned game
NEMESIS Negotiating Entrepreneurs Managing the Exhumation of a Super-heroic Interactive Simulator
Mysterions
WARSHADE Watching And Resurrecting Silent Heroes And Defying Extinction
RAIDER Running the Always Insightful and Daring Effort for Reclamation
Devs (Lame and confusing, Iron Wolf  :P )
Potential Buyers (Lame, Serpine.  Lame, Lame, Lame!  :P )
Demigods
NADs New Age Developers

And I'd like to add as a final nomination Sphinx!

SPHINX!

Not that SPHINX -- 

THAT Sphinx

Because they are mysterious

Terribly Mysterious

'Mystery Men' is my favorite movie.
8)
Mystery Men is my favorite comic book movie for sure (tied at #1 with Watchmen, Kick Ass, and Captain America 2).

So I gotta vote for the terribly mysterious Sphinx.    Also like the sound of Ouroborous.

Surelle

« Reply #9350 on: August 21, 2014, 03:55:11 AM »
Wow, I saw this new effort's info on Massively and just came over here to say thanks to all involved, no matter how it turns out!

I'm not here to cause trouble, I don't even have a Facebook account and never will so I don't care about whatever kerfuffle was going on over there, and I am glad Massively wrote up that story because I was having a really bad week and that little blurb totally made my day!  I shrieked so loudly at my computer that my kids came running over.   ;D

Best of luck, and even if it stalls/falls apart, thanks to all those who tried, and thanks even to those like Rae, Mercedes, and Amon who tried to help get CoH back up and running in the past.

I have just been going to college for Digital Forensics, working, and playing a little Bejeweled 3 and Tetris (and some Everquest 2 here and there) since the lights went out on CoH.  I feel so lost gaming-wise really.   :-[  I'm old.  I can't see phone screens too well, don't care about tablet games, and could care less about whatever new MMOs are out.  I just want my CoH back.

Scendera

• Boss
  • Faith Manages.
« Reply #9351 on: August 21, 2014, 04:16:07 AM »

I have just been going to college for Digital Forensics, working, and playing a little Bejeweled 3 and Tetris (and some Everquest 2 here and there) since the lights went out on CoH. 

I'm on Everfrost if you want to look me up...do a /who all Ninth and anyone in Ninth Island except Oroken or Inarin is pretty darn likely to be me.

Ohioknight

• Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #9352 on: August 21, 2014, 04:22:07 AM »
If you really want to get fancy call em NeoDevs.  And then they have to start every Dev post on the forum with "Whoah!"

That's so cosmic, while I was away from the boards, we were watching the Matrix with the Rifftrax voiceovers

Ohioknight

• Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #9353 on: August 21, 2014, 04:38:09 AM »
5) Susan
4) Susan
3) Susan
2) Susan
1) Susan

So I gotta vote for the terribly mysterious Sphinx.    Also like the sound of Ouroborous.

So if you're not following the format, I'll just have to try to interpret your votes

Houtex
That's 5 votes for Susan (you get a max of 5 votes for any one name)
and no votes for any others

Harpospoke that's
5 votes for Sphinx
4 votes for Ouroborous
no votes for any others

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9354 on: August 21, 2014, 04:41:09 AM »
I don't really think this vote thing is appropriate. No one's going to call them one name until they reveal who they are. And what if they don't like what you (the populace, not YOU) pick? What if the name with the highest votes is just...stupid? There's some real poopers on that list, just IMO :p

Just "the new devs". Just call them the new devs. It's what they are/will be.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #9355 on: August 21, 2014, 04:47:35 AM »
I will name them George, and I will hug them and pet them and squeeze them and pat them and pet them and rub them and caress them...

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9356 on: August 21, 2014, 04:51:23 AM »
I will name them George, and I will hug them and pet them and squeeze them and pat them and pet them and rub them and caress them...

Tony, you started out great, then fell into weird, then just creepy.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Ohioknight

• Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #9357 on: August 21, 2014, 05:00:18 AM »
I don't really think this vote thing is appropriate. No one's going to call them one name until they reveal who they are. And what if they don't like what you (the populace, not YOU) pick? What if the name with the highest votes is just...stupid? There's some real poopers on that list, just IMO :p

Just "the new devs". Just call them the new devs. It's what they are/will be.

WHAT!!! It's as if you don't recognize my inherent authority to standardize our nomenclature throughout the community -- Don't you realize I have vast armies of enforcement drones prepared to wield swift justice on any who don't obey the results of this vote and use the decided-on name?

Do you think I'm simply wasting my time here on an utterly pointless diversion simply because we have no news on the development front and I wanted something other than a discussion of pastry merits?  FIE, I say to you, FIE!!!

:D

The vote BTW stands:
12   NEMESIS
10   Ouroborous
10   Devs
9   Mysterions
5   Susan
5   Sphinx
5   Rebooters
4   NADs
3   Resurrectors,
3   HEAT
3   Arcanatime
2   HORROR
1   RAIDER
1   FRUITSALAD
1   Demigods

amrobinson

• Lord Spittle
  • Lieutenant
  • Thermal Bloom
« Reply #9358 on: August 21, 2014, 05:17:36 AM »
You simply must try Ill/Rad....does everything very well and made me (a mediocre player) feel godlike.
Agreed.  Misdirection ftw!

One positive about the apparent lack of research for that article is that....though this is a public forum....even a website about gaming isn't that aware of what is going on and is apparently not that inclined to investigate very much.

So if it needs to stay on the quiet side....we may not have anything to worry about.

I always liked the Illusion Controller set. After my original Illusion/Empathy character, I set up a Illusion/Trick Arrow Controller...just because I felt it would never run out of attacks/debuffs.

Of course the combination made no sense, but she ran over everything she saw, hence the name, "Ms. Rampage".

There aren't five names on the new dev listing I like, so I'll just go with 1) Ouroborous 2) Resurrectors   8)
"I'm sorry, did you want to be set on fire as well?" - Dark Malice, 50+ Fire/Dark Corruptor
- Freedom, Champion servers

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9359 on: August 21, 2014, 05:20:44 AM »
WHAT!!! It's as if you don't recognize my inherent authority to standardize our nomenclature throughout the community -- Don't you realize I have vast armies of enforcement drones prepared to wield swift justice on any who don't obey the results of this vote and use the decided-on name?

Do you think I'm simply wasting my time here on an utterly pointless diversion simply because we have no news on the development front and I wanted something other than a discussion of pastry merits?  FIE, I say to you, FIE!!!

:D

xD