Author Topic: Yes, yes, I know, WHY ISN'T MERCEDES DOING AWESOME THINGS RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!???  (Read 22300 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Actually got OUT today, ran a few errands until I ran out of steam and baked in summer-like heat and sun like a lizard on a rock.  Emailed my contact at Google.  I feel like a stone tank with rooted on, but I'll build momentum!
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
Actually got OUT today, ran a few errands until I ran out of steam and baked in summer-like heat and sun like a lizard on a rock.  Emailed my contact at Google.  I feel like a stone tank with rooted on, but I'll build momentum!

Damn! Who forgot to invite a kin for V.V.?!?!
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
Just rooted? Or are you in full on Granite mode too?
If so, who are you about to tank?  ;D

Sailboat

• Boss
Yeesh.  Sympathies!

I had flu earlier this season and it hit me harder than anything in a decade -- ten days off from work, for starters, and of course I didn't start staying home until it really kicked in.  Counting weekends, the thing lasted 16-17 days, and at one point (well into the illness) I happened to measure my temperature.  I had a fever from that point on for 66 unbroken hours (and who knows how long I had it before I thought to measure?) and eventually developed a secondary infection of bacterial bronchitis.

It took me weeks to get caught up at work.

But now I'm brimming with antibodies!  :)

Nightwatch

• Lieutenant
Request:  Let's rename this the "Let's talk about flu" thread.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
One flu over the cuckoo's nest....
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
I glad I'm not the only one wishing he could bring in a healer to buff everyone. :)

(Did that come out wrong?  :o)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

TargetOne

• Lieutenant
Said it in another thread before I saw this one: get well, VV!

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Omega Mark V

• Boss
Wish I'd pay attention. I could have prayed earlier.

Glad you're getting better, VV!

(By the way, awesome picture healix. XD)
- Omega Mk. V

TargetOne

• Lieutenant
The flu is never fun. Every time I get it, my cough just seems to run on and on and on forEVer.

One time, a year or so ago, when I had the flu, I was coughing so hard I swear it felt like I had cracked a rib AND given myself an abdominal hernia. Fortunately, I healed up from that. This winter, I had the flu again, but the consequences weren't quite so painful (thank God).

TargetOne