Author Topic: California Senator Tells Gamers to Quiet Down  (Read 7650 times)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: California Senator Tells Gamers to Quiet Down
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 04:40:43 AM »
Damn it!  Someone told me that was _music_!  Those bastards.. now what am I going to do with these trombones and this oboe?!?
lmao

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 05:30:12 AM »
Since the media was brought into play on a post, I have to point out a headline on MSN yesterday. "Gun in Il kills woman's 4th child".  There again is the lazy way out in the media too.  I'm not getting into the gun control argument, but that headline did make it sound as if the gun got up and attacked the child.  It's all in the way things are worded.  Our elected officials do the same thing.  "Violence in video games causes violence in our children"  Easy to say and plenty of "experts" to prove and disprove the idea. 

While there are a couple of games, MMO or not, that have fluffy bunnies and puppies...they are few and far between.  I have played plenty of FPS games too, but never have I thought it could ever apply to r/l. 

Ok, my rant is over and probably made little sense...
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 06:14:52 AM »
"Gun in Il kills woman's 4th child".

Wow. Obvious propaganda is obvious.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 12:22:52 PM »
/em cynic on

Follow the money, folks.  Chances are he is getting huge campaign contributions from the NRA.  It's guaranteed he is getting nothing from the gaming industry.  Thus, the gaming industry becomes the safe target du jour.  Because he has to say something.  A politician cannot be seen to be saying nothing in the face of a big news item.

So perhaps an examination of his campaign contributions, followed by an inquiry that goes something like "Senator, we've noted that you got $X from the NRA, would that be why you are saying nothing about guns themselves?"  The closer you can shape the question in the form "Senator, when did you stop beating your wife?" the better.

/em cynic off
That and he's probably trying to curry favor with all the groups that frequently go on a crusade against video games.
Money and votes... the only things that matter to those people.