Author Topic: Need a Location for Group Photo  (Read 2349 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Need a Location for Group Photo
« on: June 27, 2013, 06:54:10 PM »
I'm planning a group photo of my toons, and I want to fit as many in as I can. The trouble is in trying to fit a lot of them in (I have a list of 43), while showing as much of each as I can. The trouble with posing them on, say, the City Hall steps is that the back rows get a ways from the camera, and those toons can't be seen as clearly. Is there somewhere with something resembling tall, shallow steps, where the risers are about knee-high or waist-high, that would stack my toons vertically while keeping the rows close together? (As an example, if I just wanted two rows, I could stand the first row on a train-station platform right next to the guard railing, and put the second row on the railing.) I'd really rather not have several rows hovering, if I can avoid it. If I can find a location like that, all I'll have to worry about is who to put where, and whether or not someone will be in the middle of changing poses when the shutter clicks. Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:16:53 PM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Re: Need a Location for Group Photo
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 08:32:48 PM »
It's not on a building, but why not try the main hill in Talos north of the train station? It has a large tree-less area and a gradual slope that should allow you to stagger the characters and see them all.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 08:40:11 PM »
There's another good hill not too far from the black market location in Port Oakes.  There might be some good spots in the haunted fort, too.  Or the Golden Giza in St. Martial.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 08:01:58 AM »
Thanks, but I wasn't looking for a gradual slope. I wanted a steep one, so that the toons in the back row wouldn't be too much farther from the camera than those in front, while being raised high enough to show costume detail. What I had envisioned was like I described before: imagine two rows of toons on the train-station platform - the front one standing with their backs against the safety rail, and the second row standing ON the rail.

I think I may have finally found my location: the double-sided concrete bench, about a block northeast of the Atlas Park Wentworth's, past the black-clothed contact. I can put three rows of standing toons: in front, on the seat, and on the backrest. It's still a little deeper than I'd prefer, so I might keep looking, but that's likely to be it.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Unsung_Corpsmen

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 09:22:29 PM »
Ok question. How do you get multiple heroes on one map? Icon only allows for 1 hero I thought. Is it a separate program? I want to make Unsung's family again and get a family photo.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 09:51:39 PM »
Ok question. How do you get multiple heroes on one map? Icon only allows for 1 hero I thought. Is it a separate program? I want to make Unsung's family again and get a family photo.

You can only control one hero at a time, yes, however....

Spawn NPCs and load your saved costumes on them. Target the NPCs and then do the load costume command from the instructions below.

Not targeting anything will have the costume load on yourself.

See this section of the wiki page:
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Titan_Icon#Spawning.2C_Moving.2C_Deleting_NPCs
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Unsung_Corpsmen

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 12:28:01 AM »
Sorry, duh. I feel stupid...the minute you started explaining it broken glass everywhere. I should have figured that one out on my own. Jeebus.....I feel so noob.

daveyfiacre

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 12:52:50 PM »
this is one i did, first try loading all the in-game water and some nature themed characters, sprinkled with some of my own aquatic characters and Aquaman and Namor hehe. i went to Nerva for the scenery. thank you Icon! for some of them, i simply was 'flying' and controlled their height with that to spawn the npc with desired placement, and then loaded costumes onto them at the end. you can try spawning them slightly in the air by row and just have a background that lends to the illusion that they are all on the same hill?

anyway, here's a sample of my first attempt. sorry for the poor quality, these were uploaded to facebook before being posted here. even then, lol my laptop cant do much high res stuffs.

'Months after the cataclysm, so earth shaking and world altering that it woke the long dead Merulina from her eternal Slumber. Revived by the pleas and prayers of her people, at the last instant she enveloped them in her power at the bottom of the ocean. Shielded from the apocalypse, some few did survive, protected by the Leviathan herself. Today is the day that they rise again to the surface, to begin building anew, searching for survivors, and understanding the new world... after the end.

All hail Merulina, Goddess of the Sea. Even Hequat and Lilitu bow to the superior glory of a real God for salvation.'

long live C.o.X.