Author Topic: NCsoft Email Says "Aion Misses You!" ... Reply Back to Customer Support?  (Read 14183 times)

Aura Controller

• Minion
  • "Hey, is there room in that head for one more?"
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: NCsoft Email Says "Aion Misses You!" ... Reply Back to Customer Support?
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 01:17:56 PM »
You miss me? Hmm well you see I have to disagree.

What you miss isn't me you miss my monthly fee.

But you know something funny you could have had my money.

But it's to bad you took what you had and killed it maybe you could rebuild it?

What I really want is my city it was so pretty it's a pity really that someone like you withdrew all I knew.

Bring it back jack if you want my papers back.

City of Heroes forever.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AccidentalPsychopath

Look I'm on YouTube!
Is it OK to advertise that down here? O.o
Also does anyone ever read these?

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 01:40:26 PM »
True, but I think they got enough money from us in all the years. Right now I'm more happy with my money  ;)

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 02:27:58 PM »
What I sent in via direct support email and also via their support ticket system. I doubt I'll see any response beyond template.

This...Times a million!
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...

Quinch

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 02:43:09 PM »
I didn't get anything.... I feel so left out.

{then again, because I never played Aion?}

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 02:55:49 PM »
I'd treat it like any other solicitation email. Straight delete.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 04:25:12 PM »
"In a realignment of player focus, it has been decided by the general public that NCSoft is unworthy of any manner of support until such time as the City of Heroes servers are reopened permanently.

Kindly email me when you are finished making stupid decisions and either become or sell City of Heroes to a company that cares about its loyal customers.

Sincerely, go screw yourselves."

Better yet:

'NCSoft Team,

We wanted to let you know that your voice has been heard and your lack of concern has been taken into serious consideration. We do not appreciate the overwhelmingly insensitive, abrupt manner with which you decided to end City of Heroes. It has not been an easy decision for us to cancel our subscriptions to your other games and remove ourselves from your customer base. We're still leaving all options on the table including the reopening of the studio and the purchase of the rights to the City of Heroes intellectual property, but to date, efforts to do so have not been taken seriously. City of Heroes has a special place in all of our hearts, and we want to ensure its reputation and the memories we share for the game continue to live on.

Once again, we will be holding events throughout the process of preparing for the game's reopening, and we encourage developers and other fans of the franchise to join forces and prepare to once again enjoy their time in a game that we've enjoyed supporting for more than eight years.

-The City of Heroes Community"

"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

4thirty5

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 05:24:05 PM »
I think LadyShin just hit the nail on the head.

Bravissimo.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 06:02:47 PM »
Better yet:

'NCSoft Team,

We wanted to let you know that your voice has been heard and your lack of concern has been taken into serious consideration. We do not appreciate the overwhelmingly insensitive, abrupt manner with which you decided to end City of Heroes. It has not been an easy decision for us to cancel our subscriptions to your other games and remove ourselves from your customer base. We're still leaving all options on the table including the reopening of the studio and the purchase of the rights to the City of Heroes intellectual property, but to date, efforts to do so have not been taken seriously. City of Heroes has a special place in all of our hearts, and we want to ensure its reputation and the memories we share for the game continue to live on.

Once again, we will be holding events throughout the process of preparing for the game's reopening, and we encourage developers and other fans of the franchise to join forces and prepare to once again enjoy their time in a game that we've enjoyed supporting for more than eight years.

Brilliant!  Makes me wish that they hadn't bollixed up my e-mail years ago.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 01:40:04 AM »
I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't get one of these emails now. Though I suspect the permanently banned Aion account I have probably had something to do with that. Nevermind I never actually played Aion aside from the one beta weekend it took me to realise it was just a crappy Korean grindfest and cancel my preorder. Apparently they can't actually delete accounts outright so they permanently banned it instead.

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 02:33:25 AM »
"In a realignment of player focus, it has been decided by the general public that NCSoft is unworthy of any manner of support until such time as the City of Heroes servers are reopened permanently.

Kindly email me when you are finished making stupid decisions and either become or sell City of Heroes to a company that cares about its loyal customers.

Sincerely, go screw yourselves."

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 02:42:44 AM »
I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't get one of these emails now. Though I suspect the permanently banned Aion account I have probably had something to do with that. Nevermind I never actually played Aion aside from the one beta weekend it took me to realise it was just a crappy Korean grindfest and cancel my preorder. Apparently they can't actually delete accounts outright so they permanently banned it instead.

I think the same thing happened to me more or less. When I first tried the game(shortly after release), I was underwhelmed and never bothered going back to it. About a year or so later when I looked at my account info to take care of some billing stuff for CoH, it showed my Aion account as banned. You would think if they were "banning" me, they'd at least have told me that they were, but I never even got an email about it... Either way, it's not much of a loss in my opinion. They could ban me from every other game in their repertoire for all I care, but they'll never get another penny out of me until they either relaunch City of Heroes(highly unlikely they'd admit they were wrong), or sell it to a company that will actually appreciate its value and community devotion for what they are.

If I ever did get an email from NCSoft saying they missed me though, I think my response would be similar to Knight Light's...

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 03:01:09 AM »
Aion misses me? Well, I miss City of Heroes. Hurts, doesn't it?

#SaveCoH
~Aggelakis, Empathy/Archery Defender, Justice Server
~~ We are heroes. This is what we do!
What I sent in via direct support email and also via their support ticket system. I doubt I'll see any response beyond template.
The email I sent them got a daemon response (no such email exists error) and no response to the support ticket, not even a template. Thumbs up, NCsoft. You keep on keepin' on. Right into the dirt.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 03:13:39 AM »
I will say Aion was/is a very artistcally pretty world but the korean grind was a killer turn off I can't understand how that was missed or not changed.
But yes sent off my "No Thank you" message just now and the CoH reason for it. It would be killer to push though that Aion grind fest just to be sun setted in 2 years. lol ouch!

Rubberlad

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 03:37:50 AM »
Well, I sent a reply, we went back and forth a bit, and it actually ended on a very kind note. I'll repost the important bits here:

Starts "Aion Misses You" and then:

Quote from: Rubberlad's initial reply
Funny, I miss City of Heroes.

Email me when you finally bring CoH back -- or agree sell it to another
publisher for a reasonable cost.

Thanks.

Quote from: GM #1's reply
Hi ___,

NCsoft currently has no plans to reopen the City of Heroes servers. For a complete list of NCsoft games available, please visit the NCsoft website.

http://us.ncsoft.com

Additionally, if you sign up for the NCsoft newsletter you can receive automatic email updates for any new news going on with us.

Answer Title: Newsletter Subscriptions
Answer Link: https://help.ncsoft.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3708

Thank you,

Quote from: Rubberlad's follow-up reply
Thanks _____.

I'm not interested in any NCsoft products now that CoH is offline. As a 8
year veteran of that game, I don't trust NCsoft to maintain their MMO
communities for very long. Please make sure I do not receive NCsoft
solicitations like "Aion misses you!" ever again.

NCsoft betrayed the US players trust after closing CoH and I'm mortified
they'd even ask to support another of their dying, unreliable products.

With all respect to you having to do your job, no thanks but I'll be
avoiding all NCsoft products like the plague going forward.

Quote from: GM #2's reply
Hey ____,

That's quite alright. I understand your disappointment since many members of our staff loved the game as well, but the harsh realities of business required the necessary decision to be made.

In any event, we would always be happy to assist you with any of our products, even if you only intend to use free to play games!

Regards,

Needless to say I was happy to see GM #2's pro-CoH reply. He knows and I appreciated his honesty (but I'm still not touching an NCsoft game - ever).

MishaFox

• Minion
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 03:46:21 AM »
You have to remember that the poor person reading your reply is just a Customer support person and had nothing to do with shutting down the game. BUT a smart company pays close attention to ALL comments and suggestions sent by people.

But NCSoft has never been smart has it?

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 04:39:40 PM »
i think if enough of their GMs got these types of emails they would have to report it to their superiors cause im sure this is definitely not the normal response that they expect

Quinch

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 04:52:13 PM »
Well, that depends on how common a practice shooting the messenger is.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 04:52:30 PM »
Better yet:

'NCSoft Team,

Ding... Someone leveled up awesome.  Bravo!
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 05:18:55 PM »
"Harsh realities of business," my @SS!

Here's another harsh reality: spurned ex-customers are tough to get back, as I hope is being made clear to them even as I type.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 06:19:51 PM »
"Harsh realities of business," my @SS!

Here's another harsh reality: spurned ex-customers are tough to get back, as I hope is being made clear to them even as I type.

not just spurned ex customers, but spurned ex customers with a vengeance lol

aside from being tough to get back a thorn in their side as well