Author Topic: What will you do different?  (Read 14469 times)

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
Re: What will you do different?
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 10:56:57 PM »
Slot my Tankers, Defenders, Corruptors and Controllers for damage. I always would slot up their defensive powers (armors, buffs, heals, holds) and leave their attacks minimally-slotted. This worked great for teaming, but every time I tried to solo it was an ordeal. Next time, I'm making better use of multi-builds and respecs and turning them into hitters.

I had the opposite problem. I also built for solo and maybe I could have been a better team player. True, I usually could look after myself but I might have been more help with different slotting,
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 11:49:11 PM »
With the I24 changes to Blasters, I might finally be able to shake my melee addiction. Let's see my 50's were SS/Fire, Dark/Dark, Energy/Will, Claws/Elec Brutes, Shield/SS tank, Spines/Regen and Katana/Willpower scrappers. I had two non-meleers, a Plant/Psi dominator and a Spider Soldier that was basically a Blaster-Brute-Mastermind.

I kept trying Corruptors and Masterminds, but kept failing to hold interest with them. But then again with an SS/Fire Brute as my main, literally everything else seemed to go sssssssoooooo ssssssssloooooowlyyyyyyyy.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 11:57:42 PM »
I loved blasters! Even before i24. You have to play pretty carefully and develop good situation awareness. I slotted for positional defense when I could and soft-capped with inspires. I found them very solo-able all the way to 50. I was doing ok with some controllers and just so so with others.

I need to give corrupters another try. I had one in the mid 30's who was fun and maybe my main problem was that I didn't particularly enjoy red side so much. I'll add that to the list of things to do different.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 12:45:34 AM »
Swap the dual pistols for AR on my bubble def.  Otherwise, keep connecting my foot to hellion, skull, council (nazi), plant critter, clocks, etc. tail.

No Surrender!

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 02:24:38 AM »
Spend more time on teams. I solo'd way too much and had much more fun when teaming.
IKR!!? I was mostly solo and small teams.

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 02:28:31 AM »
I loved blasters! Even before i24. You have to play pretty carefully and develop good situation awareness. I slotted for positional defense when I could and soft-capped with inspires. I found them very solo-able all the way to 50. I was doing ok with some controllers and just so so with others.

I need to give corrupters another try. I had one in the mid 30's who was fun and maybe my main problem was that I didn't particularly enjoy red side so much. I'll add that to the list of things to do different.

May I recommend Fire/Cold for a corr. It's Ab/Fab! RoF + Sleet! Plan for a perma hasten build.
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 04:09:33 AM »
May I recommend Fire/Cold for a corr. It's Ab/Fab! RoF + Sleet! Plan for a perma hasten build.

I had a fire/ice blaster who was very much fun to play. I always plan for perma hasten, I just don't always get it! :) But yeah, I'll try it. I have a bunch already in mind though so it may be a while.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 04:39:22 AM »
I think I'd try to spread my time out a bit more and play a larger variety of characters.  Yes, I managed to get ALMOST one of each AT to 50, but some I enjoyed more than others... and I think I'd like to get better with melee.  I spent the majority of my time on a Troller, which was great, but I neglected melee pretty hard, focusing on control/support primarily.

Oh, and I'll definitely have to re-imagine my MM Skull-Force.  He was Thugs/FF, but I think I'd make him Thugs/Dark or something instead.  Maybe I'll have him be an ex-Hellion instead of an ex-Skull and go Demons/Thermal or something.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 04:59:04 AM »
this might not be what I would do different for my characters but socially. I would make time for team ups, on my trollers and blasters, and masterminds. I wont join or make a super group (long story), I will treasure my online friends more.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 05:30:41 PM »
I had the opposite problem. I also built for solo and maybe I could have been a better team player. True, I usually could look after myself but I might have been more help with different slotting,

Yeah, it all comes down to playstyle. I loved to solo--I teamed on occasion, but I loved to just log in and jump into missions, and looking for a team slowed that down. So I gravitated to solo-friendly archetypes, and got very frustrated when I logged in a Defender or a Tanker and couldn't get that same viability I got from Brutes and Scrappers and Masterminds. But towards the end, I realized I was slotting them for teaming and then soloing with them, which was just a mistake no matter how you slice it. :)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2014, 02:44:23 AM »
I had a fire/ice blaster who was very much fun to play. I always plan for perma hasten, I just don't always get it! :) But yeah, I'll try it. I have a bunch already in mind though so it may be a while.

I had as 50 fire / ice blaster - was pretty good soloing since you could drop ice patch and hit them with a slow and then do your fire AOE's and kill mobs very fast.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2014, 03:46:56 AM »
I played mostly hero side.  Ran one character through praetoria.  My highest level villain was level 30 and a second at 25,  so I think if the game returns I will be spending more time villain side.  Would also love the chance to get my peacebringer to 50.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2014, 03:48:21 AM »
I think I want to play the Loyalist thread completely through in Praetoria.  I wimped out at the last question with True Blue Steel.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2014, 12:21:15 PM »

I played mostly blasters. Had a bunch at 50. Only ever got one tank (fire/fire) to 50. That and a Warshade. The other ten or so were all blasters (which was a feat in itself before they eased the leveling curve).
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 02:19:00 AM »
I was like 13 when the game closed so I was more focused on farming my guys to 50 and then doing all of the trials and stuff on characters that I didn't want to main, and those that I did main I focused on getting recipes.

If we do get it back I really want to actually play the game instead of farming my way to 50. Yeah there will be some characters I want to farm to 50 but some characters I would actually like to see some of the lore because I got my FF/Ice (he sucked) Defender up to level 24 or so before AE came out, and I pretty much forgot about actually going through the game and doing actual contact missions.

Also I want to branch out. I mainly focused on DPS and tanking and never really support or crowd control. When CoH shut down I went to SWTOR because some friends were on that and I loved playing Healer Bounty Hunter, so I realized I wanted to do more than killing dudes,

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 06:32:20 AM »
I was like 13 when the game closed so I was more focused on farming my guys to 50 and then doing all of the trials and stuff on characters that I didn't want to main, and those that I did main I focused on getting recipes.

If we do get it back I really want to actually play the game instead of farming my way to 50. Yeah there will be some characters I want to farm to 50 but some characters I would actually like to see some of the lore because I got my FF/Ice (he sucked) Defender up to level 24 or so before AE came out, and I pretty much forgot about actually going through the game and doing actual contact missions.

Also I want to branch out. I mainly focused on DPS and tanking and never really support or crowd control. When CoH shut down I went to SWTOR because some friends were on that and I loved playing Healer Bounty Hunter, so I realized I wanted to do more than killing dudes,

Start with the Hashaby arc and then do Shooting Stars at least once. Very good stuff.

Let me then recommend to you the Faultline and Crotoa Arcs. Simply Awesome. Striga is very good as well and there is an awesome ring you get that is very useful, It's really several arcs that thematically linked rather than continuity heavy. Through a Mirror darkly as a follow up to Faultline and Rikti War Zone story arc is a nice topper.

I would recommend the Hallows arc but it's a little tricky. because they eased the leveling curve and since it is low level it is very easy to outlevel it before you get to the last contact who unlocks the Cavern of Transcendence. Also that last mission with the trolls is a bugger!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow

Nightmarer

• Boss
  • We all float down here
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2014, 07:42:37 AM »

What About You?

This time I defiitely won't be playing the game naked and covered in strwaberry jam!! Time to move to new things and see what all the fuzz on that orange marmalade is about :p

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 08:00:54 AM »
I won't be changing a single thing about the way I play.  Why mess with perfection?   :roll:

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2014, 10:44:56 PM »
I would try to form a group to bring down low flying Rikti Spaceships.

The final game posts during the shut down ,people posted such successes,
I never knew that was possible, nor did I think of trying that...everyone would go to Vanguard.
we should have stayed outside and fought from a different angle.

....especially with Incarnate Power, that would be interesting to try.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2014, 12:11:40 AM »
I would try to form a group to bring down low flying Rikti Spaceships.

The final game posts during the shut down ,people posted such successes,
I never knew that was possible, nor did I think of trying that...everyone would go to Vanguard.
we should have stayed outside and fought from a different angle.

....especially with Incarnate Power, that would be interesting to try.

Oh i would love to try that assuming I can get someone who is of use!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow