Author Topic: Corrupters in I24  (Read 2253 times)

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
Corrupters in I24
« on: August 26, 2014, 09:18:50 PM »
Were Corrupters supposed to get a huge damage boost in I24? Looking at the icon beta vs. icon it seems like they got like a 15% damage increase.
Enhanced that would have been 30% damage over where they were in I23.

If that was true, then I would have had to park all of my defenders for corrupters.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Re: Corrupters in I24
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 09:42:06 PM »
These are the changes listed in the beta patch notes that might be what you were referring to:

Beta Patch 1
Corruptor
* Beam Rifle/Overcharge: Reduced this power's scourge damage to deal 50% of the power's normal damage down from 100%.
* Dark Blast/Blackstar: Increased this power's scourge damage to deal 50% of the power's normal damage up from 25%.
* Electrical Blast/Thunderous Blast: Increased this power's scourge damage to deal 50% of the power's normal damage up from 25%.
* Energy Blast/Nova: Increased this power's scourge damage to deal 50% of the power's normal damage up from 25%.
* Fire Blast/Inferno: Increased this power's scourge damage to deal 50% of the power's normal damage up from 25%.
* Psychic Blast/Psychic Wail: Increased this power's scourge damage to deal 50% of the power's normal damage up from 25%.
* Radiation Blast/Atomic Blast: Increased this power's scourge damage to deal 50% of the power's normal damage up from 25%.
* Sonic Blast/Dreadful Wail: Increased this power's scourge damage to deal 50% of the power's normal damage up from 25%.
* Water Blast/Geyser: Increased this power's scourge damage to deal 50% of the power's normal damage up from 33%.
* Archery/Rain of Arrows: This power's damage has been increased very slightly; it was dealing an incorrect amount of damage.
* Assault Rifle/Burn: This power's damage has been reduced, it was previously using Blaster damage mods. It now uses Corruptor damage mods.
* Ice Blast/Ice Storm: This power's damage has been reduced, it was previously using Blaster damage mods. It now uses Corruptor damage mods.
* Ice Blast/Blizzard: This power's damage has been reduced, it was previously using Blaster damage mods. It now uses Corruptor damage mods. This power's To Hit debuff has been moderately increased to match Corruptor mods.
* Fire Blast/Rain of Fire: This power's damage has been reduced, it was previously using Blaster damage mods. It now uses Corruptor damage mods.
* Corruptor Full Auto's PvP damage has been considerably boosted to use the Corruptor PvP damage formula.
* Corruptor Flamethrower's PvP damage has been increased by approximately 100%

I didn't play Corruptors, so I didn't pay attention to anything specific coming for them.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 10:56:46 PM »
Thanks for the info. Some of those I knew about.

I was just playing around in icon beta and saw some numbers for dark blast that gave me pause. So I looked at the numbers for the same set in icon and it showed something like a 30% across the board damage increase. So I looked at a couple other sets and it looked like that for them also.

This would have been a lot more changes than you have listed.

And with the changes to snipes and nukes, it seemed like a really considerable change to the corrupters ability to lay out the damage.
BTW, Corrupters can get insta snipe if they put in a kismet and overload Tactics.

It would put them higher on the food chain (for me) than my beloved Defenders.

With the buff/debuff numbers they get and scourge, I would think it would leave them as the solo damage kings of the game. At least for hard targets. 
Just running a Psi blast you could get up toward 350 dps (if you can keep up the endurance) with insta-snipe and high recharge. That's without any other buffing/de-buffing other than the ToHit. 
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 12:15:34 AM »
I think that the single-target damage king is a Demon/Storm MM. If you can stay alive and keep everyone alive.

Two powersets that do high damage, and also a good amount of -Resist in each one to multiply the damage done by both sets.

My calculations had one at over 500 effective DPS (pre-Incarnate), without really trying for a super build. Granted, Storm is Endurance-intensive, and I'm not sure that it could maintain a full activity set of bringing up Storm powers and also blasting for the -Resist.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 12:51:12 AM »
I think that the single-target damage king is a Demon/Storm MM. If you can stay alive and keep everyone alive.

Two powersets that do high damage, and also a good amount of -Resist in each one to multiply the damage done by both sets.

My calculations had one at over 500 effective DPS (pre-Incarnate), without really trying for a super build. Granted, Storm is Endurance-intensive, and I'm not sure that it could maintain a full activity set of bringing up Storm powers and also blasting for the -Resist.

I've never worked through the MM damages so I'll have to take your word for it. I don't even know how to calculate damage from pets. Keeping up the attack chain would be dicey since I don't see a readily available source of end regain.

Storm is possible for corrupters and all their buff/debuff values appear to be the same, so that kind of cancels out... kind of.
And I was just throwing out Psy as an example. Mostly because I never thought of it as a particularly damaging set.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Supermax

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 05:00:51 AM »
I'm not sure on corrupters, but I know defenders were getting a big damage boost. From the snipe+nuke upgrade, and also from one other thing. From what I remember, they were getting significant extra damage for being solo...but I could be wrong.

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 05:50:33 AM »
I know fire/time was going to get even more insane by being able to actually use snipe in the rotation.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 06:59:12 AM »
I'm not sure on corrupters, but I know defenders were getting a big damage boost. From the snipe+nuke upgrade, and also from one other thing. From what I remember, they were getting significant extra damage for being solo...but I could be wrong.

It was a 30% Dam boost. Not too shabby, but it was already put in... I believe.

If you have icon for beta you can see what I'm talking about. every blast power seems to be boosted over what it shows in icon live... er... um, you know. well, except the nukes and we know what the deal is there.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 07:06:50 AM »
I know fire/time was going to get even more insane by being able to actually use snipe in the rotation.

Yeah. Any corrupter can get to the insta snipe if they use kismet proc and overload tohit (3 level 50 IOs) on tactics.

It gives a huge increase in single target dps. If the set has fast firing attacks like fire/psy/dark it sends the potential single target dps through the roof. Some it just helps a lot, like Rad/arrow/Beam and others for various reasons (activation times or lack of decent damage powers to go with it).

Cogito, Ergo... eh?