Author Topic: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon  (Read 68454 times)

Patribot

• Lieutenant
Re: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon
« Reply #240 on: October 18, 2012, 02:33:04 AM »
A friend and I will be running every hero side TF on Freedom. He is also in the Extra Life campaign. Look me up...we can always use another player :) @I Burnt The Toast. I will be on beginning at 8AM EST.

I was planning on starting on Infinity and try to march my Tank from 40 to 50, but if you guys can use a Level 32 Peace Bringer I'd be more than happy to join you until your TFs out level me. :) Are you planning on starting on Posi and work your way up?

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #241 on: October 18, 2012, 04:40:01 AM »

Not sure what order we are going to be going in. Shoot me a tell in game and I will let you know on Saturday when we figure it out. Maybe we can arrange times to get you in the TFs :) @I Burnt The Toast

I was planning on starting on Infinity and try to march my Tank from 40 to 50, but if you guys can use a Level 32 Peace Bringer I'd be more than happy to join you until your TFs out level me. :) Are you planning on starting on Posi and work your way up?

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #242 on: October 18, 2012, 05:04:24 AM »
$6,249.33!!!!!

I got two donations today - 1 from a fellow CoHer who I have never met (that I know of LOL) and one from a friend in CoH - I need $22 to reach my goal of $200! WOOT!

With 3 days left Extra Life is VERY close to beating last years total already. Last year Extra Life raised 1.2 million and right now the total is sitting at $1,040,239.99!

I plan on keeping up the tweets hehe and will also be announcing in game every hour on Saturday in an effort to help push the total up in the final hours :)

Keep up the great work everyone!!

(Probably going to also be taking a lot of pics on Saturday to document every TF I am doing...as well as stopping by the forums often in between).

BobMc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #243 on: October 18, 2012, 01:35:36 PM »
Thursday Morning! - Just 2 days left!!!

Be a Hero in the Real World!

My VIP refund will be going into a donation to the
City of Heroes team's Extra-Life game-a-thon charity fundraising for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=9445

"Join this Team", or click a team member and click their "Support Me!" banner to donate to them.

Easy, safe, and tax deductible!

$6,299 so far!!! {Awesome work folks!}
We are ranked #19 in donations out of 2,186 teams.
We are just $113 behind the # 18 team!

We are Heroes. This is what we do!

I'll be running "Nine Lives 9", my Justice Iron Eagle II SG character (Last night-I made her a CoH Extra-Life costume for Saturday), then swapping to my many alts on various servers when I feel I getting too tired to be safe with her.

During "eyeball breaks" I'm going to log in various characters, head into a mission or my base and do a demorecord, so I have a version I can use for group shots or just to look at again some day...I've already run all my characters through the Sentinel Extracter a week ago.
The final line of a post  by Sweet_Sarah on Liberty
"Together we entered a city of strangers, we made it a city of friends, and we leave it a City of Heroes."

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #244 on: October 18, 2012, 02:58:17 PM »
I'll be adding the Globals of everyone that has posted them in hopes of getting together at some point on Saturday. Mine is @DrewBlue, for anyone who'd like to find me. I'll be on Freedom at 7am Central with my Peace Bringer, so maybe we can get started together.

I was looking at the Team list and we are positioned to really move up. We are (currently) only $400 behind the #13 team. I'm sure the other teams are still alerting their friends and family as well, but i'd LOVE to see us in the top 15 so we'd make it to the Extra Life Home Page!

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #245 on: October 18, 2012, 05:16:08 PM »
I just created a global channel: ExtraLife. I thought that might help with coordinating during the event. Also means that people who want to team up with us during the event can join in even if they aren't actually running the marathon.

Can also be used for simple chat, across servers even. ;)

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #246 on: October 18, 2012, 06:27:02 PM »
I just created a global channel: ExtraLife. I thought that might help with coordinating during the event. Also means that people who want to team up with us during the event can join in even if they aren't actually running the marathon.

Can also be used for simple chat, across servers even. ;)

This is fantastic! I'll be joining when I log in rather early on Saturday. In the mean time if anyone hasn't yet please add yourself to the contact list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiEOZz_qY_Q5dDN3ZWlfcVZyMDJic2hfNk5pWHgwNnc

I made this so we could easily coordinate who we plan to play with and where to play.

Keep up the fantastic work! You guys are amazing.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2012, 12:02:29 AM »
$6,519.33 is how much team CoH has raised so far for Extra Life 4 Kids!!!!!!!!!!

We are currently ranked #20 out of 2219 teams!

Still 2 days left to get support for the participants and I am hopeful tomorrow we will see a surge of donations with it being pay day for some and the day before the actual event.

Just want to say THANKS again to everyone who has donated...your support means a lot to each participant, but more to the families who will be help by local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals!

Keep up the great work heroes!

Aquashock

• Boss
« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2012, 12:27:21 AM »
Go team!

I'll also be running around on Virtue during the evening on the 20th. If anyone needs a warm body for teaming, I might be able to help. I usually play toon-support during DXP anyway. ;)

BobMc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2012, 03:27:57 AM »
$6,569

I just got my CoH VIP prepayment back, so they'll be a more added to my donations when I get home tomorrow.
"Together we entered a city of strangers, we made it a city of friends, and we leave it a City of Heroes."

BobMc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2012, 12:11:27 PM »
$6,616

We are ranked #18 this morning.

Tomorrow is the big day!

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2012, 02:03:53 PM »
Still at $100 I was happy to get that much but I was kinda hoping for more...  :-\

@RedHeaded StepChild

• Underling
« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2012, 05:14:33 PM »
Hmmm, I was thinking I would tweet through this, using #TeamCOH and #Extra-Life as hashtags. What do ya'll think?

I'm a U.S. West Coaster here. I'm going to try to be on at 8am Pacific Time at the latest.

Computer is a bit tied up till tomorrow morning. I'll jump in and join the global channel and add everyone as me friends when I get going tomorrow!

Kalikamata

• Underling
« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2012, 06:03:43 PM »
I will be taking screenshots and posting them to my twitter account - @TheKalikamata  If I post too many pictures, someone please tell me to go outside for 10 minutes  ;D

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2012, 12:07:55 AM »
Extra-Life just released a list of the top 50 Fund Raising Hospitals so far for tomorrow's event. I tickled to be part of making Children's Hospital of Wisconsin number ten on that list. :) I hope everyone's hospital breaks fund raising records this weekend! See you all in the morning! (So excited I don't know how much sleep I'll be getting tonight.)

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #255 on: October 20, 2012, 12:09:38 AM »
I tried to help the IWK but I only got $100 :( sadface

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2012, 12:25:14 AM »
I tried to help the IWK but I only got $100 :( sadface

Every dollar helps, Pandora. Don't sell yourself short, no one is doing this alone. I know MY donations didn't put CHoW in the top ten, it was MANY people banding together. Just like our team (Sorry, I think of those doing the Fundraiser as a Multi-Server Super Group) is not a single person. It is a GROUP EFFORT to fight a Real Life problem. Be proud of what you've done and what you're about to do tomorrow morning, because YOU answered the call. The vast majority (Even those who have been "Heroes" for years) DID NOT.

You have nothing to be down about, you SHOULD be holding your head up high and say, "I am a Hero and this is what we do!"

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2012, 12:31:01 AM »
According to their popular questions answered, they probably won't close out donations until closer to the holidays. So it's not too late to raise more donations! I'm hoping I get a few more during the marathon itself.

Hmmm, I was thinking I would tweet through this, using #TeamCOH and #Extra-Life as hashtags. What do ya'll think?

#ExtraLife seems to be the hashtag Extra Life uses.

BobMc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #258 on: October 20, 2012, 12:37:19 AM »
The team page has passed $7,000!

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #259 on: October 20, 2012, 12:37:31 AM »

QFT!

Team CoH has currently raised............

$7,037.33

With tomorrow being the day of the Extra Life campaign I just wanted to thank EVERYONE involved; whether you are participating or have donated I am very grateful!

If you have not donated yet or wish to sign up there is still time! Simply go to:

We will be accepting donations all the way through tomorrow to try and get our amount as high as possible. Remember EVERY donation counts; whether it be $1 or $10.

Be a hero to a child in need!

Every dollar helps, Pandora. Don't sell yourself short, no one is doing this alone. I know MY donations didn't put CHoW in the top ten, it was MANY people banding together. Just like our team (Sorry, I think of those doing the Fundraiser as a Multi-Server Super Group) is not a single person. It is a GROUP EFFORT to fight a Real Life problem. Be proud of what you've done and what you're about to do tomorrow morning, because YOU answered the call. The vast majority (Even those who have been "Heroes" for years) DID NOT.

You have nothing to be down about, you SHOULD be holding your head up high and say, "I am a Hero and this is what we do!"