Author Topic: MMOKiller/GameKiller meme images  (Read 111709 times)

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
Re: MMOKiller/GameKiller meme images
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2012, 04:31:06 PM »
NCsoft may destroy City of Heroes, but the heroes of Paragon City vow, this fight isn't over.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:57:15 AM by Todogut »

Solaris

• Minion
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2012, 01:27:42 AM »
Just wanna say, been loving the images so far. I've been alternating them when playing TF2 and it brightens my day when players stop and read it.
I will ask though, since this is something that was brough to my attention, the NCSoft logo needs to stand out in the picture. I've gotten a few comments asking about what was written on the red hat, used in the images as it's a bit blended into the area. And I should mention I was kinda surprised with the lack of negative comments and actual positive comments I have received.

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2012, 04:40:45 PM »
Just wanna say, been loving the images so far. I've been alternating them when playing TF2 and it brightens my day when players stop and read it.
I will ask though, since this is something that was brough to my attention, the NCSoft logo needs to stand out in the picture. I've gotten a few comments asking about what was written on the red hat, used in the images as it's a bit blended into the area. And I should mention I was kinda surprised with the lack of negative comments and actual positive comments I have received.
I've been down with a bug last few days, but mostly over it now so I'll see what I can do about knocking up some higher contrast corporate bandana imagery and maybe reworking some old pics. Nice to know they're getting positive comments too - we gots to keep on fightin' :)

Turjan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2012, 08:05:07 PM »
Okidoke, I added some higher contrast white logo-bearing bandana .png images to the Resources folder, and also made a few modified versions of some of my panels in the NCsoft the MMOKiller folder to include the higher contrast white NCsoft logo, namely these pics -

NCsoft Architect
The Family MMOKiller
The Family Killer (Mars Attacks)

...and the GameKiller Boromir variant here - One does not simply kill a game

I'll see if I can tweak a few more later, but for now...moar hot lemon and aspirin for me! *snuffle*

Turjan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2012, 10:52:01 PM »

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2012, 12:31:02 AM »

Funny!  But if we're casting NCSoft as Gollum, does that make City of Heroes/Villains Sauron's ring.... ?
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Jordan_Lee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2012, 01:49:28 AM »
Anyway, because I suck at art, a couple of suggestions.

This picture {linked for file hugeness} with the captions;

That pic is incredible. lol my computer would have blown up if I had been there. But that just shows how unique and varied the game and players are. Good capture, I'm saving that on my computer so I can look at it and cry on Dec 1st.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2012, 01:53:06 AM »
That pic is incredible. lol my computer would have blown up if I had been there. But that just shows how unique and varied the game and players are. Good capture, I'm saving that on my computer so I can look at it and cry on Dec 1st.
The game doesn't have the capability to render that many entities. It was done by demo record/edit by Leandro of the attendees to the Unity Rally in September. But yes, good image.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
    • Repeat Offenders Network - Making the stupidly difficult easy since 2005
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2012, 02:30:49 AM »
The font snob in me twitches every time I see Comic Sans used on the images.  I know, I know, I'm sorry, but its one of those things, it distracts me. 
There are free comic book type fonts available like:  Anime Ace - http://www.dafont.com/anim-ace.font. Download install and enjoy.

I used that font to adjust one of the meme images that was posted in the Facebook group :

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2012, 06:27:12 AM »
Love this all sooo much!

I'd like it even better translated into Korean. Can anyone help us out here?

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2012, 06:48:39 AM »

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2012, 09:42:08 AM »
All of these are each pretty amusing!!  Thanks!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2012, 09:45:39 AM »
Funny!  But if we're casting NCSoft as Gollum, does that make City of Heroes/Villains Sauron's ring.... ?

It is a source of great obsession for sure.

The gollum one is the funniest meme I've seen yet. I can't even glance at it without losing it.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2012, 05:31:31 PM »
In the last panel, is that supposed to be "play" or "ploy"?  (Just checking.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2012, 12:10:46 AM »
Maybe Josh Whedon will reissue an updated version in which Natasha ployed first?

Dialog was copied and pasted from Rotten Tomatoes.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:59:24 AM by Todogut »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2012, 02:05:58 AM »
Roger.  I wasn't sure which was correct, myself.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Quinch

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2012, 03:46:51 AM »
Quick thing - I hate that the title is wrapped around two rows, but whatever works.

http://cheezburger.com/6770684160

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2012, 04:23:15 AM »
I'm sorry. I've never seen American Psycho, but is Christian Bale holding a "cordless" air nailer? I wasn't aware that movie was a comedy.  :o
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2012, 06:08:17 AM »
I'm sorry. I've never seen American Psycho, but is Christian Bale holding a "cordless" air nailer? I wasn't aware that movie was a comedy.  :o
Um... but they do exist.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2012, 12:33:05 PM »
Got an Idea.  The Puppet from Saw with the words "So NCsoft you want to play a game?" 
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!